• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 1,306 Views, 4 Comments

The Titan Of The Depths - Silver Centurion



Nautilus has indirectly come to Equestria seeking the guilty, but will he live long enough to do so?

  • ...
1
 4
 1,306

The Portal

"Find the guilty ... " a deep voice boomed, echoing across the wide stretch of land. A gigantic figure encased in a metal diver's suit lumbered up towards a tall statue and stood his ground. He looked in front of him as an archer took aim from the nearby brush. Normally arrows would just bounce off of the juggernaut, but as the arrow streaked through the air, it had a cold aura about it. The arrow embedded itself in the giant's chest plate, causing a hard ice to creep over a small potion of it. The hulking figure broke off the arrow and the frost disappeared. The diver had an old helmet with a small m shaped opening from which two glowing red eyes peered out, and his diving suit's chest bulged out forward. His padded legs carried the enormous weight of his armor and the engraved anchor which had doomed him so long ago. His suit was corroded and barnacles and seaweed grew in a few places.

The archer fell to the ground as a bipedal lion with an eye patch and homemade armor removed his short blade from her chest, which was gushing with blood. The lion nodded before leaping away into the nearby jungle. The hulking behemoth known as Nautilus silently thanked the white lion before walking being ambushed by a lich.

The lich's long flowing robes reached the ground, and a ghastly aura of dead souls surounded him before he commanded a gate of magical energy to appear at Nautilus' position. He raised his scepter high and clutched his spell book close as numerous blasts of dark magic pelted nautilus. The tank of a man commanded a barrier of dark energies to surround him before launching his anchor at the lick and reeling him in close. The lich struggled to maintain his focus as he cast a spell known as requiem, which conjured a red line of flowing energy over Nautilus' head, and after three seconds, basted him with dark magic. However, just as the spell was cast, the giant knocked the scepter from the lich's hand. The crystal ball which adorned the top of the scepter shattered on the ground, the magic form withing mixing with tat of both requiem, Nautilus' shield, and the souls of the dead floating around the lich.

The statue pelted the lord of the dead with devastating orbs of energy, before he fell to the ground lifeless, only to be reincarnated for a few seconds. But all of the magic that was mixing together had created a volatile brew. As the lich tried to reanimate, he remained dead on the ground, instead causing a massive explosion with the the last bit of energy needed to create a portal. The blast knocked Nautilus up against the tower as it collapsed on him.

His vision blurry, Nautilus clawed his way out of the rubble, still clinging to his anchor. He stood tall among the destruction, gazing upon what lay mere feet from him. A purple vortex just big enough to squeeze Naut through began sucking light objects into its gaping maw. Nautilus felt the force of the portal increasing on him and everything around him, as he ducked underneath a piece of rubble that was sucked in. The juggernaut's grasped his helmet before he fell to the floor, grasping is anchor. The inner cyan light that escaped through the cracks of his armor faded, and his eyes flickered as everything went dark.


Zecora scooped a small ladel-full of a stew that she had concocted to cure the common cold. Of course she muttered to herself that she'd never get it right, but she bottled it and kept in her collection of potion just in case. She cleaned out the cauldron she used with water from a nearby stream, just as it was getting dark outside. She scrubbed off the grimy residue and placed it back in its rightful place inside her hut. She adjusted a few crooked masks here and there before walking over to her bed which was right next a circular window. she crawled underneath the covers and found a comfortable position in which she could look out her window. It had begun to rain a few minutes ago. The pitter patter of rain on her hut soothed Zecora and helped her to sleep. Sure enough, just a few minutes later the alchemist had dozed off into a deep sleep.

She dreamed the same thing she did every night, only this time the dream got further than the night before. She dreamed she was this strange hairless ape-like creature that stood on two legs and wore clothes similar to what the sailors of Equestria wore. She wore a plain black shirt with a heavy fur coat over it and navy blue pants with brown loafers. The woman who Zecora controlled helped a few other of the creatures attach a large metal carapace to a winch before lowering the suit down. Usually the dream cut off right after that, but this time it kept going. The shiny new diver's suit touched the frigid arctic waters and was was immediately grabbed by a black goo of sorts. The man inside the suit struggled to grip the side of the boat, which was now being dangerously close to capsizing. The sailors, in a desperate attempt to save themselves pried the metal hands off the side of the ship. Zecora just stood there and watched in horror. Even after he had been pried off the ship, still he fought for his life, gripping the ship's anchor tightly as the ooze tugged at his legs and began to surround him. The crew members cut one of the chain's links and the diver suit was swallowed up by the black ooze, sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

Zecora, mouth agape,eyes wide trembled before the dream abruptly switched to a very disturbing image. The diver suit's helmet encompassed all of Zecora's dream, only this time it was old and corroded. Two menacing red eyes peered out from the opening in the helmet, as it delivered a single message to Zecora.

"I've found you Susanne. Even in death, there is no escape."

Zecora bolted upright in her bed, in a cold sweat. She looked through her window as the sun began to rise, and she could've sworn she saw those ethereal red eyes staring back at her.

(P.S. Just putting this short sample of what's to come if this story gets positive ratings out there. I know its been a while, and i will eventually get back to my other stories, bu I just wanted to start with a new idea. Depending upon how well this sample is received by you guys, ill determine the rate at which to put out new chapters. So, yeah. Enjoy everypony and remember to leave a comment on what you think. Till' next time, Centurion, out.)