• Published 15th May 2012
  • 953 Views, 3 Comments

Once in a blue moon - Feefers



Princess Luna must work with Twilight Sparkle to relive her past.

  • ...
1
 3
 953

Prelude

Princess Celestia stood atop the tallest tower in Canterlot Castle, watching the last rays of the sun starting to fade into inky blackness.
She had a rather pleasant day so far; no invasions, no threats and no unexpected disturbances.
Now she had to tell somepony some bad news, she could feel a little knot of discomfort forming.

She started to walk down the castle steps; deliberately taking as long as possible to get to the bottom where her sister, Princess Luna, was waiting.
“Sister, something is wrong?” Luna asked picking up on Celestia’s sadness right away.
“I’m afraid it is,” Celestia replied, before giving Luna a little nuzzle.
“It must be serious,” Luna said, placing a reassuring wing on her sister’s shoulder.
A tear rolled down Celestia’s cheek as she spoke, “It is, it is tonight Sister.”
Princess Luna took a half step back, her face started to whiten.
Both Luna and Celestia stood not saying anything, just cuddling and embracing each other firmly.

“I’ve made arrangements, my most faithful student Twilight will help you,” Celestia snuffled slightly, trying to keep the tears back now.
“Thank you sister, I only wish...” Luna said looking to her older sister, before deciding not to ask any more.
“I know, I wish I could be with you for this as well. A blue moon is so rare the last time one occurred...” Princess Celestia looked directly at her sister, shame and embarrassment filling her.
“You were not able to make a difference sister, it had to be done.” Luna interrupted, “I would do it again.”
Celestia stomped her foot angrily, the stone shattering from the impact of her hoof as she cried; “NO! You must not sister, I only have you back, I do not want to lose you again.”
Luna nuzzled against Celestia softly, “If I must. I will consume the element of Darkness once again.”
Celestia glared slightly, holding herself back, sighing deeply as she looked to Luna.
“I … would do the same, “Celestia said frowning, trying desperately to think of another way.
Luna stepped forwards and nuzzled lightly into her sister, “Your student will ensure that does not come to pass.”
“Twilight Sparkle, of course!” Celestia exclaimed happily, “Trust in her sister, learn to trust her magic of friendship.”
Luna nodded, for the first time since seeing her sister tonight, she allowed a small smile to come across her face.
“Of course sister.” Luna said happily, “I trust in your friendship.”
Celestia sighed, her eyes fluttering softly with sleep, “I must go, please; Luna. Be careful.”

Princess Luna nodded, Celestia starting to leave as an armored pegasus guard approached bowing to both princesses, before approaching princess Luna directly.
“Your highness, “ The guard bowed directly to her, “Miss Twilight Sparkle is here to see you.”
Luna nodded and trotted with the guard, peering as Celestia turned off into her bedroom.
“Thank you Mister Kale, lead on,” Luna commanded, following the royal guard to the entrance way where Twilight Sparkle was waiting.

Twilight Sparkle bowed asking, “Princess Luna, Princess Celestia said you wanted to see me?”
Princess Luna nodded, “Twilight Sparkle, my sister says you are her more faithful and brightest student.”
Twilight blushed deeply at the praise but said nothing, continuing to listen to Princess Luna.
“Tonight is a very special night my little pony, tonight is the night of the blue moon,” Princess Luna explained, “This happens once every thousand years or so.”
Twilight nodded, stalling for time as she racked her brain for information on the night of a blue moon as her eyes widened.
“Princess, The last time there was a blue moon...” Twilight quietly said, looking to Princess Luna slightly fearfully, “Was the night you became nightmare moon!”


My Little Pony, My Little Pony
Ahh ahh ahh ahhh…

[Twilight Sparkle]
(My Little Pony)
I used to wonder what friendship could be
(My Little Pony)
Until you all shared its magic with me

[Rainbow Dash]
Big adventure

[Pinkie Pie]
Tons of fun

[Rarity]
A beautiful heart

[Applejack]
Faithful and strong

[Fluttershy]
Sharing kindness,

[Twilight Sparkle]
It's an easy feat
And magic makes it all complete

You have my little ponies
Do you know you're all my very best friends?


Princess Luna nodded, “That is correct, the last blue moon was not such a good night for me.”
Twilight gasped and nodded, “Yuh. It was a bad night for all of Equestria!”
Princess Luna fidgeted trotting up to beside Twilight, “That was then. Besides you will be with me, reminding me of the friendship of my sister.”
“That is quite a lot to ask, but I will do my best for you Princess,” Twilight said, keeping in step with Luna.
Luna smiled softly towards Twilight, “I can’t ask for anything more my little pony. Now we must prepare.”
Twilight looked hopefully to Princess Luna, “I hope it is enough.”