• Published 21st May 2015
  • 1,052 Views, 36 Comments

Encore of The Dazzlings: Cataclysm's Carnage - Shadowmane PX-41



Even though The Blasters and King Allure were erased from existence once and for all, things still aren't finished for Earth, Equestria, and Lyrica...

  • ...
7
 36
 1,052

Darkness Unleashed

The Dazzlings and The Rainbooms arrived in Equestria with a powerful burst of light. But that light was instantly extinguished with the tremendous downpour of rain, and the flashes of thunder that coloured the sky. When they had been given time to assess the situation, they drew their swords and tried searching for Malefics.

However, to their surprise, there were no Malefics in sight. The town was completely unharmed, and there were no ponies screaming and running in panic. All that was happening was a team of pegasi trying to clear the storm, and having no luck in doing it.

"What?" Adagio was the first to break the silence after she had surveyed the area. "But there are Maelstroms in the sky... Why haven't the Malefics tried attacking the ponies of these towns?"

"Something doesn't seem right..." Sunset said, tightening her grip on her swords. "Stay on your guard, everyone..." she advised, seeing everyone nod in compliance.

Everyone looked around, trying to see if there were any Malefics who were late to the attack and were about to fulfil their duties to Cataclysm. They searched up in the storm clouds, and down below in the kingdom; there was still nothing; not even a single Slicer.

Suddenly, a black cube was thrown out of nowhere behind The Dazzlings and The Rainbooms. The noise of the weather masked the sound that it made, making it a silent projectile. As soon as it touched the ground and hit the feet of Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer, it opened up immediately and was conducting dark energy between the open cracks.

Before anyone could do anything else, the cube ensnared The Rainbooms and The Dazzlings in a black cage of lightning. It scooped them into the sky and chained them up only after a few feet of elevation. The more that the captive girls tried to struggle and fight the trap, it only increased its hold on them. And when they tried to call out summons from Euphoria and Dystopia, the lightning delivered powerful surges to their bodies, making them scream and mess up their speech entirely.

"Well, well, well..." Fortissimo's voice appeared from behind the cage. He was joined by Allegro and Orchestral, with the six Shadowbolts sitting on chairs that were positioned on a black platform. "Here we are again, little sister..."

"Fortissimo..." Adagio gritted her teeth as she locked gazes with her genocidal brother. It had been a year since his death, and she was still peeved that he had returned for revenge.

"What's going on here?" Sunset kept a cool head as she addressed The Blasters. "And why in the world are those girls with you?"

"Why?" Allegro smiled and flew around the cage. "It's because they are here to discover the benefits of darkness, and how much power and adoration it can bring them..."

"You sought out the exact same thing back at the Battle of the Bands, Dazzlings," Fortissimo joined in with Allegro. "However, you were unable to bring out your Malefics, due to the fact that you have some incredibly powerful chains that even we cannot break..."

"However, that will soon change with what Cataclysm has authorized," Orchestral looked back at the group of six girls. "Now, ladies. I want you to look closely at what we are about to do to the saviours of this miserable trinity. Afterwards, you may decide on whether or not you join us, or we do the exact same thing to you..."

"Wait, your name's Fortissimo now?" Sugarcoat raised an eyebrow.

"It was, until these heathens left me, Allegro and Orchestral for dead!" Fortissimo's eyes seethed with hatred as he looked back at his captives.

"Oh dear! What happened to you?" Sour Sweet asked, her kind side showing.

"I'd be happy to tell you the whole story and why we are at war with The Dazzlings later, girls," Fortissimo humbly bowed and created black energy spikes from dimensional rifts with a dark green outline. The spikes penetrated the cage and pierced the chests of all of the imprisoned heroines, making them cry and clench their hands in agony. "But now, I advise you all to watch and learn..."

"What are these things?" Fluttershy asked once the pain had mildly settled, but was still inflicting her.

"Oh, just simple darkness extractors that the Overlord created for just such an occasion," Carnage smiled as he tenderly rubbed each of the spikes. "They'll simply pick the darkness out of your body and turn it into physical beings under our command," he explained the properties. "Don't worry. It won't hurt a bit..." he smirked, "For us, at least..."

"But I imagine for you, it'll be very, very painful..." Fortissimo growled as he conjured up Malefic Energy.

When Fortissimo had enough power, he launched the darkness at the ends of the spikes. It wrapped around each and every one of them, and travelled straight down to the chests of the victims. The devices all rotated mechanically and radiated more and more Dark Magic the faster they turned.

"What's happening?" the Twilight outside of the cage asked with her pupils beginning to shrink.

"A miracle for the Malefics, that's what..." Fortissimo smiled, then with the help of Allegro and Orchestral, he pushed all of the spikes even deeper into the chests of the captured girls. He heard them all screaming in agony as powerful torrents of darkness were violently ripped out of the bodies and up through the dark constructs into the world outside. It created a second storm that made everyone except for The Blasters terrified. "Here we go, everybody!"

"What... are you... doing to us?!" Twilight said through her torment as the machine-like spike bore deeper into her heart.

"Ending your reign as undefeatable friends..." Fortissimo smiled as ten silhouettes descended from the storm.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Shadowbolts and Lyricans of all ages," Orchestral announced with a smile as the figures became slightly more visible. "Give a big round of applause for the new heroes of evil, and the end of the trinity..."

"Starting the line up off, from the darkness of Pinkie Pie, we have..." Allegro unveiled a monstrous creature with overgrown pink fur and razor-sharp claws. "A monster born from the thrill of the kill, a demon who thrives off of feeding off of the corpses of their opponents," he grinned. "Behold! Party Animal!"

"Our second entrant is from Rarity's darkness..." Fortissimo took over. "I see a winged succubus with a long tail and a demonic tongue for wooing their opponents into defeat. Say hello to Temptress!"

"Next on the docket is the darkness of Rainbow Dash!" Orchestral announced as a dragon-like monster with rainbow hair roared and flew down at blinding speeds. "Fast as a lightning bolt and ten times as destructive, I give you Blink! Try not to do so, as she might rip you to pieces in a flash..."

"Fourth is Applejack's darkness!" Fortissimo resumed his announcements as a scarred monster with wings, spiky whips, multiple revolvers, and a sheriff's hat appeared from the darkness. "I give you the Corrupt Sheriff! She fights for injustice, and makes up fake laws whenever she pleases!"

"Our first line-up is almost complete before we get into the good stuff, people!" Allegro watched as a monster with vampire features, slender legs, and long fangs appeared from the storm. "Fifth is Fluttershy's darkness. The fiend of frights, the queen who relishes in tears of fear; Maniac!"

"And that's just their friends..." Orchestral leaned close to the faces of Sugarcoat and Indigo Zap and put his hand by one side of his mouth to make it seem like he was acting incognito. "Just wait until you see what we rip from The Dazzlings, Sunset Shimmer, and Twilight Sparkle!"

"Speaking of which..." Fortissimo leaned in close to the faces of the purple and red-haired prisoners as the darkness continued to make them scream. "You've fought these dark beings before, so I'll make this next introduction short and sweet."

The next two monsters that flew out of the void were a fiery-red demon with fangs, claws, a monstrous tail, and holes in her wings; and then a similar, yet more presentable purple monster with blue veins pulsating through her wing bones, a sharp horn poking out of her forehead, and a monstrous mask of dark energy.

"Midnight Sparkle and Hellfire Shimmer!" Fortissimo decreed as he named the two monsters. "Need I say more?"

"And last, but certainly not least, we've come to The Dazzlings; the fabled sirens that killed us a year ago..." Allegro moved in closer to see Aria Blaze suffering. "How does it feel, Aria? To know that your worst nightmare is about to come popping out of that hole, and that there is nothing you can do to stop it?!"

"You won't get away with this, brother!" Aria screamed in rage as she locked her gaze on Allegro.

"Oh really? I'd say we already have..." Fortissimo said as three final monsters came appearing out of the hole, which then caused it to vanish entirely, along with the spikes that were harvesting the darkness. The three figures were exactly like The Dazzlings, but they had black scars across their faces, along with singed hair, spiky black wings, and swords that glowed black when they were drawn. "They might look similar to you, sisters, but I think that looks can be deceiving. Our final monsters tonight are The Dazzlings! But since we already have a Lyrican group with the same name, I think we'll call them the Malefic Dazzlings to separate the two..."

"Blasters! You've hurt them enough!" Lemon Zest spoke up, standing from her seat. "Let them go!"

"You're right," Fortissimo deactivated the cage, and watched the ten girls fall lifelessly towards the ground. "Never let it be said that I was never a gentleman...

"Now then; with business out of the way, I think it's finally time you make your decision, Shadowbolts..." he held out two black masks that looked like they had been cut in half and had archaic markings on them. Allegro and Orchestral presented four similar masks with different runes, but completely similar designs. "Either you join with us and let the darkness into your heart, or you just go through hell and back like those fools back there..."

"You're monsters!" the other Twilight cried.

"We're not the monsters here, they are!" Fortissimo pointed towards the plunging heroines who finally crashed into the ground. "You wouldn't have known how long we have waited for this moment to finally defeat our rivals in conflict..."

"I know you want to win this war, but this seems a little excessive, if you know what I mean..." Indigo Zap crossed her arms, prompting the others to do the same.

"Sometimes, you have to play the villain to be the hero," Orchestral leisurely floated in the air with the Malefics that had been created from the darkness of The Rainbooms and The Dazzlings. "I'm sure that they would have known that from the get-go..."

"Now then. Your answer to our offer, Shadowbolts..." Fortissimo waved the masks in front of their faces. "Yes or no?"

"No!" they all said firmly, turning their heads away.

There was a long silence after that. No-one dared to make any sudden moves or try anything otherworldly.

Eventually, Fortissimo, Allegro, and Orchestral broke the silence with fits of laughter, pointing and laughing at the six humans for rejecting their offer.

"What? What's so funny?" Sunny Flare asked.

"You... rejecting our offer?" Fortissimo put a hand to his forehead and chuckled again. "That's just priceless..." he continued to laugh until the joke had worn thin for him. "But seriously. Try saying no again, see what happens..."

"Take two, ladies. Will you join the Malefics or not?" Orchestral posed the question again.

"NO!" The Shadowbolts refused, but with even more sturdiness in their voices. They all stood up with their hands as fists, glaring at the Fortissimo, Allegro, and Orchestral.

"Well, you can't say that we didn't try..." Fortissimo violently lunged at Lemon and Indigo, holding them high above the ground and ready to drop them at a moment's notice. The other Blasters grabbed the remaining girls by the necks and were in similar positions.

"Let me tell you something about interrogation, you six..." Fortissimo said as he heard the choking noises that came from each of the squrming and thrashing girls. "You act namby-pamby, and you get absolutely nothing out of your prisoners. But if you act like the devil himself, then the captives end up screaming for mercy, as they know their lives can be ended in the next second if they refuse!"

The Shadowbolts could do nothing as The Blasters held them up in black auras with their claw-like hands creating the energy. As they floated in the air regaining their breaths, Fortissimo, Allegro, and Orchestral violently smashed the masks into their faces, hearing a sizzling noise as each and every one of the masks quickly welded and fused with the faces of the six humans.

Screams could be heard as the masks began to overwhelm each and every one of the six girls from Earth. Black orbs replaced the screaming group of girls before The Blasters teleported them to the Malefic fortress with a click of their fingers. He then did the same with the ten monsters that were born from the saviours of Earth, Equestria, and Lyrica before contacting Cataclysm.

"Overlord Cataclysm. We've done it," Fortissimo smiled as he had established contact with his leader. "The darkness from each of your enemies is now at your command; free to use as you see fit."

"Well done, you three. Very impressive work," Cataclysm smiled for the first time in eons as he watched the ten new Malefics appear in his throne room. "I will do my best to prepare them for skirmishes with Lyrican forces."

"And, we've got a special surprise for you..." Orchestral said in a sing-song voice as the six orbs appeared by Cataclysm, but were now dissipating to reveal the creations underneath. When the cocoons of energy eventually faded, it revealed The Shadowbolts once more; only this time, the masks had now become a part of their faces, slender wings of Malefic Energy poked out of their backs, and they were now wielding otherworldly weapons. "Have fun with them, Overlord Cataclysm..."

"I will. You've done a great job in giving me these mighty warriors," Cataclysm commended The Blasters, "But now we must get back to work. I have already sent Annihilation to your co-ordinates. When he arrives, you may begin the army's assault on Ponyville and Canterlot..."

"Very well..." Fortissimo said as the connection was severed, returning his gaze to the storm-ridden kingdoms. "After all these years, I finally get to see what happens when the Magic of Friendship falls..."

Author's Note:

I decided for The Shadowbolts to become Malefics due to the fact that the movie hyped up their appearance as an Anti-Main Six, but turned out that they were just competitors only. This way, I've spiced them up, and you can actually get to see what would happen if they too had otherworldly power on their side. After all, why can't they have power like Twilight or Sunset?