• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 308 Views, 0 Comments

The Cynical Wolf And The Sensitive Sheep - Robo00



Suri Polomare plots to use Octavia to regain her lost status.

  • ...
 0
 308

The Cynic meets The Sensitive

The Cynical Wolf and The Sensitive Sheep

by

Robo00

Chapter One

The Cynic Meets The Sensitive

I learned two things when I moved to Manehattan. One, you have to do anything to succeed. And two, karma's a bitch. The only thing I did wrong was "borrow" some designs from some obnoxious do-gooder. How was I to know my not-so-trusted (I forgot the third thing, trust nopony) former assistant would rat me out. So here I am, my butt planted firmly on a park bench watching googly eyed tramps suck face with their boyfriends.

On another bench across from me, some drab looking mare is sitting and waiting. Grey coat, black mane, and purple eyes? Yeah, good luck standing out in a crowd, toots. And she's wearing a bow tie, too. Geez, she's going for the bronze with that look. Something else caught my eye. A poster.

CALLING ALL FASHION DESIGNERS, screamed the poster. DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? Well, I stole it. Does that count? WELL, DO WE HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU! Do tell, Mr. Poster. ON JUNE 8th, IT'S THE EQUESTRIA FASHION EXPO! The E.F.E? That's in six weeks. If I can whip something up... MUST SUPPLY YOUR OWN MODEL! Crap! There goes that idea. Back to moping.

That grey mare again. Oh, look, she got some sort of boyfriend. No skin off my nose. If Drabby Cakes has a boyfriend, more power to her. Must be rich or something. Drabby is fidgeting on the bench as her boyfriend, a sharp looking unicorn goes over to her. No flowers? What kind of boyfriend is that?

"I-I heard you were interested in me." said Drabby. "Nopony has been interested in me before." That swanky unicorn gave her a big, smarmy smile.

"Of course I'm interested in you." he said, looking smarmier by the milisecond. "I seen you play at the Grand Galloping Gala and right away, I knew I was interested in you." Drabby's face goes beet red at the comment. Ponies like her make me sick! Fawning at every little comment until she gets chewed up and spat out.

"Y-you seen me play?!" said Drabby Cakes. "I-I don't know what to say!" Smarmy smiles at her with that toothy grin of his.

"I do. Miss Pony Pokey!" sneered Smarmy. Drabby looks like she's about to have a heart attack as two other stallions and (what I assume to be) their girlfriends come out from behind the bushes. "Didn't I tell you that she'll fall for it!" He and the others start to laugh their heads off as tears roll down Drabby's cheeks. Like I said, no skin off my nose.

"W-w-why?!" sobbed Drabby. "Why did you do this?"

"It's funny!" cackled Smarmy. "I mean why would any pony be interested in you, the pony who helped ruin the Grand Galloping Gala." The others joined in with their childish taunts. Nothing was off limits. Everything from...whatever happened at the Gala to her boring looks. "Why would I, a stallion who dates supermodels would want you, a childish cello player." It was strange. Suddenly, I growing irritated for some reason. So irritated, as a matter of fact, I walked right up to Smarmy and his buddies.

"Okay, pal." I said, brushing him off. "You and your cronies had enough fun for one night." They all looked at me like I was drunk or something.

"Really?" said one of the skanks that was there with her boyfriend. "Are you sticking up for...that?!" I looked over at Drabby, who was still crying her eyes out. She's not THAT bad looking, just plain looking and boring.

"And what if I am?" I said, jabbing my hoof into Smarmy's chest. Smarmy just shook his head.

"Come on, everypony." said Smarmy, snickering. "Let's leave the two lovebirds alone." And with the last insult in, Smarmy and company turned and started to leave. Did he just imply that I was a fillyfooler?! The nerve! Suddenly, the two skanks stopped short at the poster.

"Look, they're having the fashion expo here." said skank one. "What I would give to be a model in that!"

"Yeah," said skank two. "I heard Rarity and that up and comer Coco Pommel are going to be there." The two skanks rejoined their boyfriends as I tried to process what they just said. Rarity and that traitor, Coco Pommel are going. And they'll have no shortage of applicants wanting to model their clothes. Now I was more pissed off than ever.

"Thank you." croaked a small voice behind me. I turned around and there was Drabby, looking down at the ground. "N-nopony has ever stood up for me before."

"Think nothing of it, uh..."

"Octavia." Geez, her name is as drab as she is. "I'll guess I'll go home now." As Drabby got up, a plan, an ingenuous plan started to form in the back of my mind. And she's the key part of it.

"Wait!" I said, stopping Drabby Cakes in her tracks. "What do you do for a living again?"

"Oh, I play the cello." said Drabby. "Or used to. Ever since the...incident at the Gala, nopony wants to hire me."

"Really?" I said, feigning interest. "Have you considered modelling?" Drabby was about to freak out.

"M-me?!" stammered Drabby. "I-I can't be a model! I'm unattractive!"

"Nonsense." I said, lying my ass off. "You got IT!"

"IT?"

"Yes. Pizzazz! Sex appeal!"

"M-m-m-m-me?! Sexy?!"

"Yep." I said, drawing her in to show her the "big picture". "Picture this! You, on the catwalk, wearing a dress of the finest silk imaginable!"

"Uh..."

"Stallions would want to have you! Mares will look at you in jealousy! Fillies will want to BE you! And all you have to do is be my model at the fashion expo." Drabby looks at me in disbelief.

"I-I don't know..."

"Come on! Don't you get tired of having your name dragged through the mud?! Stick with me and they'll be chanting your name, uh..."

"Octavia."

"Yeah! I can hear it now! The crowds! Octavia! Octavia! Octavia!"

"I-I-I-I-I'll do it!" squeaked Drabby, after getting the courage to speak up. All I could do was smile. Next comes the hard part. Turning this plain piece of bread into a feast! I circled Drabby a couple of times to see what work needed to be done. Hmm. All that gray and black wont help her stand out much. Got it!

"Come on!" I said, taking hold of Drabby. "Let's get going!" Drabby gave me a look that bordered on star raving fear.

"To where?"

"Where else? The library!"

The library closes at 8:00 and it's 7:28. We should be there in fifteen minutes. And we were off! Deftly weaving through traffic and pedestrians alike, we arrived, out of breath at the library. 7:50?! Crud! The clock in the park was slow! I could see some old geezer through the door as she started to lock up for the night. Quickly, I ran up to the door and started banging on it like a lunatic.

"Let us in!" I screamed. The librarian stared at me like I was stupid. "It's not even 8:00 yet!"

"Sorry." said the librarian. "I finished cataloging the books early an' no pony showed up for the past half hour, so..."

"Don't give me that crap, you old battleax! Just let us in!"

"Not with that attitude, missy!"

"Why you..." Just then, Drabby gently stepped up to the door. Lucky for that old nag, because we were about to come to blows!

"Please, madam." said Drabby. "We just need to use your facilities for ten minutes and then we'll leave." That old crone shot Drabby a skeptical look. And with a smile, she unlocked the door.

"All right, deary." said the hag. "Ten minutes."

"Thank you, Miss." said Drabby as we piled into the library.

"Why can't you be like that nice young lady!" said the librarian as she kicked me square in the butt. When I'm back on top, she'll get what's coming to her. Her and everypony else that wronged me. I bolted through the aisles like a madmare looking for books on modeling. Finishing with two minutes to spare, me and Drabby left that book filled crypt they called a library with a buttload of books.

"All right, toots!" I said, handing Drabby some of the books. "Modeling for Morons, How to objectify yourself for fun and profit, How to look hot and make money from it (without being a hooker), I'm sexy and you're not, so now what?" Drabby looked more confused than ever.

"You want me to read all of these?" she said.

"Yep. In one week! We have only six weeks to prepare and most of that is going into making you into a glamor goddess."

"And what will you be doing?"

"Making clothes, dummy! I need the next couple of days to figure out WHAT kind of clothes I'm going make and then I'll get to work!"

"Uh, Miss..."

"Suri. Suri Polomare."

"Miss Polomare. Do you think I can do this?" I gave Drabby another phony smile.

"Honey." I said. "I KNOW you can do this. You just need some confidence." A big, wide smile crossed Drabby's face.

"Thank you, Miss Polomare!" she said, breathlessly. "Thank you for having faith in me!" I nodded and hastily scribbled down my address on an index card.

"I want you to come to my apartment in one week. Got it?"

"Yes. Yes. I won't let you down, Miss Polomare."

And off Drabby went, happy as a clam. Enjoy it why it lasts, Drabby. See, a GREAT fashion designer needs a GREAT model. And while you'll do in a pinch, as soon as I'm on top, you're outta here. I'll be able to hire better models. And they'll make my clothes to die for! Maybe, I'll hire Coco back...as a leg rest! And I'm going to rub my fame right in that Rarity's face!

That's right, world! I'm coming back and you can't stop me!