• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 318 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Backstory - Nysa



Each chapter is my own interpretation of how the mane six, as well as several other mlp characters grew up. There is no research done on these, they are simply role played in my imagination. Enjoy :)

  • ...
 4
 318

Awesome As I Gotta Be

Author's Note:

First insert: Rainbow Dash

I realize that it's highly unlikely that Rainbow went through this but at least it's a good concept. :rainbowwild:

The starter blew the whistle and Rainbow Dash took off. She was in first, and flying like a lightning bolt. She would win, she always won. Well, not always, not when she was a young flyer. She was as slow as Tank back then.

She pushed the thought out of her mind, and zoomed towards the finish line. But suddenly, she felt dizzy. She kept flying anyways and finished first once again, but as soon as she broke the ribbon, she fainted, falling into the soft cloud. There was soon paramedics on site, prepared to take her to the hospital. She was out for days, but in good condition.

She cried out, making them think that she was awake, but that was not the case. They found out what the screams had been about when she finally woke two weeks later. Turns out there is more to this loyal, fun loving pony. The story isn't something she likes to share, but when she heard that you, her biggest fans wanted to hear it, she just couldn't refuse. This my friends, is Rainbow Dash's beginning.

It all begins when Rainbow Dash had just turned five, and was entered in her first race. She lost, and her parents took it harder than she did. When she got home with her parents, her father told her to go to her room. Not twenty minutes later, her father marched into the room and quickly had her pinned to the wall.

“You're pathetic. Can't win one simple race? Your mother was nearly a Wonderbolt and you can't win a race? You're a disappointment you pathetic excuse for a pegasus, you better pick up your game kid, or there'll be a price to pay.” Rainbow's father threatened.

Rainbow Dash shuddered and nodded with tears in her eyes. Rainbow Dash had nightmares that night about racing. She lost over and over again, never winning a single race. Each loss brought a new scar, or bruise or wound to the young filly. She woke the next morning crying.

Her mother, a mare named Firefly, rushed in to find her curled in a little ball on her bed.

“Rainbow what's the matter?” Firefly asked, stroking her daughter's mane.

“I had a nightmare mommy.” Rainbow sobbed.

“Your awake now, it's alright.” Firefly soothed.

"But it was so real. Mommy, what if it is real? What if I'll never win a race, ever?" Rainbow asked, pushing closer to her mother.

"Don't worry Dashie, as long as you pass your flight test, it'll be okay." Firefly stroked her daughter's mane, but was slightly disgusted.

If Rainbow couldn't win a race then by the time she was ten, they'd have to give her up. Do you know how embarrassing it would be for a near-wonderbolt's daughter to be a loser? She hated the thought of her daughter being abandoned, and beaten by her father until that day so she began to train the filly, never taking no for an answer, she began winning races. Not all of them, but at least half of them. That wasn't good enough.

She intensified the training more and more, forcing Rainbow to do things that nearly pushed her over the edge. One day, when her mother was sick, her father worked with her, nearly killing the filly with his harsh methods. She was winning all her races by the time she was done with it and even pulled off a sonic rainboom, finally making her parents proud. The day of the race that determined it all finally came, and she sat confidently at the starting line. She was racing a honey coloured mare with a pale red mane and tail, and a red and black stallion that like Rainbow had a cutie mark that symbolized his speed.

The starter blew the whistle and they were off. The mare was far behind the two ponies with their cutie marks, but Rainbow and the stallion stayed neck and neck the whole race. Rainbow tried to get ahead of him but couldn't until the very end when she snapped the ribbon just before he could. She expected her parents to be proud, but as soon as they got home from the race, Rainbow got a sour look from her mother and a beating from her father. They wanted her to win with more of a lead.

They said that she had one more chance, she either won the race on her fifteenth birthday with at least a 30 second lead, or she would be disowned. She won that race, but simply couldn't get that much of a lead. She was left on the earth, beaten to the brink of death. That's when Fluttershy came along.

"Oh my! Rainbow Dash what happened?" She exclaimed, carrying the pegasus home with the help of her animals.

She nursed Rainbow back to health, and helped her find a job as a member of the Ponyville weather team. Rainbow found new friends, forgetting about many of her struggles until the race that was her downfall as a racer. The one that would have made her a wonderbolt. The race that had just put her in a hospital...

The paramedics alerted the police of Cloudsdale of this, and the parents of Rainbow Dash were sentenced to several years in prison due to their severe child abuse, and Rainbow Dash was offered a second chance to prove herself worthy of being a wonderbolt, and of course, her very best friends were with her the whole time. Ecspecially when Rainbow Dash was made an official Wonderbolt. Rainbow Dash thought happily to herself; "Take that mom and dad." And let herself be swallowed up by the crowd.

Rainbow met up with her parents several years later, and listened them apologize over and over and over again, but never once did she say, it's alright. Because truly, it wasn't. She was happily married to Soarin now with three beautiful daughters of her own. She would love them winner or loser, smart or dumb, sick or in health. For all of eternity.

End of Awesome as I Gotta Be...