• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 205 Views, 4 Comments

Clarity - AmpUpHeart



Push Play was an ordinary unicorn trying to pursue his dream of being a filmmaker and reporter.In hopes of a big break, he travels across Equestria to uncover the history of King Sombra, and incites an adventure sure to make the best footage ever.

  • ...
 4
 205

Codec

Clarity and Play were immediately swarmed by ponies everywhere.

"Who are you?"
"Why was Sombra here?"
"He called you 'sister.' Why?"

"Please," Clarity said desperately.

"Stop!" Play shouted above the commotion, "You're scaring her! You don't even know what she's been through!"

"And that's what ponies want to know," Rewind said, pushing his way through the crowd, "Just to think of it! A mere intern, awakening a long lost princess. You have yourself a real story here, Push Play, and I would be grateful if you would organize a documentary about it."

"I would be honored," Play answered, "But under a few conditions. You may not be aware of it, but Sombra is back on the loose. We have more important things to focus on before the documentary. I propose that I put together an article summarizing Clarity and the crisis we are facing. Once I know that Sombra is out of our hair, I'll get to work on the documentary."

"I don't know about that," Rewind said, "What's in it for the money?"

"Consider this," Play replied, "Sombra is terrorizing Equestria. Everyone who knows this is fearing when he will strike next. But there's a great deal of ponies who are still naïve to his presence. If there's no warning for them and Sombra wipes out entire cities, they'll get angry at us for not focusing on the task at hoof. They'll think that we're only doing things like this for the money. As a result, they will not pay for the films that we make."

"Oh, Sweet Celestia!" Rewind said, "That never once crossed my mind! Very well, then. I authorize your request for the article. Besides, just giving Equestria a taste of this hidden history will get them wanting more, and they'll come to us for more! It'll equate to more money in the end!" He talked on as he walked back into his building.

"Is he always like that?" Clarity asked, "And since when did you become so pervasive?"

"First of all, Rewind always thinks like that. He sees the world through dollar sign glasses. Second of all, I've learned to manipulate the gossiping ponies I've interviewed into revealing certain things. With others, I'd never step into their presented boundaries, but I was born and raised here in Manehattan. Rewind is not the only pony who only thinks about himself."

"I'll take your word for it," Clarity said, "But can we please get out of here? A lot of ponies are still staring at us." She was right. All eyes were still glued on the two ponies.

"Good idea," Play said, "Let's get back to the Crystal Empire."
............................

Two days later, the article aired on the news. It featured the the interview Clarity had with Cadance.

"I hope that this changes any doubts that anyone has about you," Play said.

"Me too," Clarity replied. The two were walking around outside the palace.
Then, Clarity bumped into the librarian.

"Goodness!" The librarian said, dropping the books she was carrying.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry." Clarity said as she started to help her pick up the fallen books.

"Thank you, Clarity," the librarian said as she began to walk off. But then, she stopped.

"By the way," she said, "I'm sorry for anything I may have said that hurt you. The veil of sorrow had clouded my judgment as well as others'. Please know that I have your back."

"Really?" Clarity said, "Thank you."
..........................

The duo was in the throne room with Cadance, Shining Armor, and the mane six.

"So, what's our best course of action?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well, the crystal ponies were able to use the crystal heart to banish Sombra before," Twilight said, "Surely they could do it again."

"But it won't work," Clarity said.

"What do you mean?" Cadance asked.

"If we banish Sombra, then it would only be a matter of time before the same thing happened again."

"She's right," Armor said, "We need to stop him once and for all!"

"But how?" Rarity asked.

Play thought back to the last Summer Sun Celebration. As he recalled, Celestia said that the event became a time to commemorate the return of Princess Luna, rather than the defeat of Nightmare Moon.

'Nightmare Moon,' he thought, 'She was defeated by the elements of harmony twice. When Celestia used them, Nightmare was banished to the moon. When Twilight and the others used them, she turned back into Luna. Why? How were the elements wielded in each battle?'

"I'm just throwing out suggestions here, but could we just use the Crystal Heart or, if necessary, the elements of harmony to dilute his dark power?" He asked.

"Now that you mention it," Clarity said, "That could work. When you defeated Sombra with the heart, you were aiming to destroy him. If we simply redirect our motives, then... I just might see... Raven. The one I know and love. The one that will always be my brother. The one I want to see again..."




"I hate to break your daydream, but we don't have much time to lose," Armor said, "There's no doubt that Sombra will be coming here as quickly as he can. He'll be after you and the Crystal Heart. I'll round up the guards to protect you, my friends, and Cadance."

"I don't want to be under guard," Clarity declared, "I never wanted the princess life. And I've always looked out for the Empire. And I'm the one that he's after."

"Wait, what are you saying?" Spike asked.

"I have to face him," Clarity replied, "The guards don't stand a chance against his power. You know how he fights."

Everyone looked at each other, uncertain, and slowly nodded in agreement.