• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 630 Views, 10 Comments

The Long Road Home - yourlocalhetheydisaster



***OLD*** Pinkie gets stuck in an alternate dimension.

  • ...
3
 10
 630

We Have To Find Her! Twilight's perspective

"Pinkie! Take my hand!" I held out my hand towards Pinkie as she drifted from the group. Pinkie tried to grab it, only to be torn away quicker than Rainbow Dash doing a Sonic Rainboom. I stared as Pinkie was taken into a black abyss of nothingness. I tried to attempt walking backwards to get her, but the portal seemed to be wanting to take us somewhere else. I struggled as a bright light sucked us into the new world. I fell unconscious as the light surrounded me.




________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





"Hiya Twilight!" Pinkie was putting the final touches on the new cupcakes she had made for me. I smiled at the cupcakes and she beamed with pride. "I tried a new way of putting the icing on. I call it the branded-Pinkie-swirly-twirly-icing-frosting-topper!" I bit into it and smiled.

"Wow Pinkie! This is one of the best cupcakes I've ever eaten! What recipie did y-"

"I'm glad you liked it Twilight, because this is the last cupcake I've made that you will ever taste." I looked at Pinkie. She looked like a ghost, her body almost transparent. She frowned at me.

"W-why?"

"Because you made a mistake in your calculations while making it. Think of it, the 'slim' chance. It's your fault for not fixing it! IT'S YOUR FAULT!" Her mouth opened in a scream of agony, and I closed my eyes to block the image.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had awakened in a cold sweat. I sat up looking around at all of the ponies who had began to wake up, or already had. Rainbow Dash had quickly ran to me. "Twilight! We have to find Pinkie!" I groaned.

"Don't you think I was already planning on it!" She looked away. I stood up. "We'll find her as soon as we find our way out of-"

"Hello and, again, welcome to the Aperture Science computer-aided enrichment center. We hope your brief detention in the relaxation vault has been a pleasant one." I gulped as she noticed that they were all currently standing in a small room. Rainbow looked around trying to find the voice that had said those words. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I began thrusting my hand into anything that we could have possibly come out of. Rainbow looked at me weird.

"Uh, Twilight what are you doing?" I stumbled as my hand went straight through a wall. I smiled and Rainbow dropped her mouth. "How in Equestria did you do that?"

"It's our way back home." I said. I looked at the ponies around me. "Some of us should stay to see what this place has to offer. I would hate to ruin all of your trips because one of my friends went missing. Fluttershy, Rarity, and Applejack," I said turning to them, "can you stay here and watch over everyone to make sure that nothing happens to them okay?" I asked. They nodded as I turned to Rainbow. "Rainbow, I need you to come with me." I said. She looked at me weird again.

"Why do you need me?" I sighed as I looked away.

"Because... Well you see... I'm afraid to go alone." I said. Rainbow groaned as she walked to the portal and jumped in. I looked to everyone else. "Rainbow and I will be back soon. Enjoy your trip and stay safe." I said. Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity hugged me. I pulled away and jumped into the portal. I saw Rainbow up ahead and she glared at me,

"I can't believe that I have to come because you are scared of going-"

"That's not the real reason that I wanted you to come with me." I said. Rainbow stared at me. I sighed. "The real reason is because if Pinkie is in trouble then I'll need you to help me fight whatever is attacking her." My legs and arms began to turn back into hooves. My transformation had completed just after Rainbow's had. We exited back through the hole and ran out to Celestia. I looked to her. "We have a problem." Celestia looked at me concerned.

"What's the matter?" She asked Rainbow spoke up this time.

"Pinkie got seperated from the group and we can't find her." Rainbow said. Celestia gasped and turned to the rest of the ponies in line.

"Due to unfortunate events, we are going to have to stop the trips." Celestia said. The ponies groaned and walked away. I walked to a monitor. I typed a command and it showed all of the ponies who had gone in after us heading on their way to the new world without anyone being seperated. I sighed.

Rainbow watched me as I looked around for a rogue dot. I gasped as no dots were different from where the others had been. Rainbow looked at me worried. "Okay, two questions. One, what are those, and two, what was the gasp for?" I turned to her.

"First, everypony has a spot on their hind legs, or just legs in human terms, that can easily be tracked from this computer. When a pony gets seperated, I can use it to find them and get them back. Second," I stopped for a second and took a deep breath, "I can't find Pinkie." I said. Rainbow's eyes widened.

"Y-you mean.."

"I don't know for sure but.. there is a possibility that the reason I can't find Pinkie is because..." I trailed off, unable to finish the sentence. Rainbow bucked the air, tears rolling down her face. I looked at the ground, trying to find any shred of evidence that Pinkie was alive. Celestia walked towards us and frowned.

"I take it that you were unable to find her." She said. Rainbow and I looked away. She frowned and looked towards Mr. and Mrs. Cake. "I'll go tell the-"

"No." I said tears running down my face. I sniffed a bit as I looked towards the couple. "It's my fault, so I'll tell them. Why have them hate you, when it was my fault." She nodded and I walked towards the Cakes. They smiled and waved at me. I felt hot tears in my eyes. They trotted towards me, confused looks on their faces.

"What's the matter Princess?" Mrs. Cake asked me. Tears began to stream down my face as I took a deep breath.

"I- I'm afraid that while we were travleing throught the portal, Pinkie was seperated from the group." Their eyes widened at this. I sniffed as I looked towards the ground. "We can't find her which might mean that... I'm so sorry." Mrs. Cake began to cry as Mr. Cake tried to comfort her. Mr. Cake then looked at me and glared.

"You couldn't have tried to save her?" He asked with hatred in his voice. Rainbow practically jumped on him.

"It wasn't her fault." Rainbow said angrily. He glared at me harder.

"Well then, Ms. Sparkle, what about that slim chance of somepony being seperated, huh? Why couldn't you have fixed it so that there was no chance anypony could have been seperated?" Rainbow glared at him harder.

"Twilight didn't think that it was such a risk that somepony would-"

"Rainbow, stop." She turned to look at me. I looked her in the eyes. "They're right. It is my fault. I should have fixed it. If it wasn't Pinkie, then it would have been another pony. It could have been a filly. This is my fault Rainbow." She stared, tears in her eyes. She looked at the ground and ran off. I turned and walked away from the Cakes. I walked until I made it to the Everfree forest. It began to rain as I tilted my head to the sky, and screamed.