• Published 9th May 2015
  • 677 Views, 11 Comments

Jr Wonderbolts - randomkid



Back story for how Rainbow and Soarin first met.

  • ...
0
 11
 677

Prologue

Author's Note:

Hello to all I am Random Kid. I'd just like to say that this is my first story and I'm not a very good writer. So please be open-minded with this story. If you have any problems with the story then please express it in constructive criticism not just criticism. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the story. Sorry if the end is a little weird. I had it end differently but I didn't have enough words so I had to add on. No plagarism is meant by this story, if it seems like another story then it is purely accidental unless told otherwise.

Before Rainbow Dash was the awesome pony we know today she was in fact, a filly. She was your average filly. She loved her family and the few friends she had. She had her mother Firefly, her father Solar Blitz, and her older brother Rainbow Blitz. Her family was the type to constantly play pranks on each other and make fun of each other playfully. They were incredibly close. Even though Dash and Blitz would get in trouble a lot that was not enough to seperate them. They still had fights but they loved each other and were incredibly loyal to each other. (Side note: Wow I used each other a lot. Sorry!)

As for friends Dash didn’t have very many. She had about two (Three if you include her neighbor). There was Gilda the griffon who she had met at flight camp. Then there was Fluttershy, her childhood friend and neighbor. There was also that colt that lived next door but she never really got close to him. His name was Soarin. He lived next to her for as long as she could remember. She didn’t dislike him she just didn’t get to know him.
She did like his ponyality. He was a huge goof ball and was happy very often. He was always telling jokes. She never did know why she didn’t want to get to know him. Maybe it was because he was a colt and she was just at that age when colts were still yucky.

One day after Rainbow had graduated 2nd grade her parents trotted into her room.

“Hey Sport. We wanted to ask you something.” Solar Blitz said looking at his daughter.

“What is it?” Rainbow said putting down her Wonderbolts action figure.

“Well we just learned there’s this cool flight camp that’s looking for ponies to join. We thought you’d be interested.” Firefly said cheerily.

“Oh Cool! Sounds fun. Is anypony else I know coming?” Rainbow asked excited.

“We talked with her parents and they said that Fluttershy might be going” Solar replied.

“YAY! I want to go! I want to go!” Rainbow shouted jumping up and down.

“Okay we’ll try to get you in.” Firefly said with a smile.

As the two ponies tried to walk out they were stopped by Rainbow asking, “Wait, is Blitz going?”

“No he’s not. He said that since his friends aren’t going then doesn’t want to.” Solar told her. “Now go find some stuff you want to bring for the trip. Unless you don’t want anything.”

“Okay!” Rainbow said enthusiastically before grabbing an empty bookbag and starting to pack what she wanted.

Rainbow was a pretty big fan of flying and a HUGE Wonderbolts fan. She knew all of them. She could tell you the name, wing power and favorite maneuvers of all of them if you asked so it was only natural that she’d be interested in flight camp. Needless to say she was excited.

A few days later Rainbow was getting on the to flight camp with her best friend, Fluttershy. They sat down next to each other. (Dammit I used it again!)

They started talking when a colt sat in the seat across from them. Rainbow recognised the dark blue mane and light blue coat. It was Soarin. Although there was something different about him today. He wasn’t his usual carefree self. He seemed sad. It was weird seeing the usually happy colt down.

At this point Rainbow had completely spaced out of the conversation she and Flutters were having.

“Rainbow?” Fluttershy said just loudly to snap Rainbow out of her deep thought.

“Oh sorry Flutters. I just sort of spaced out.” Rainbow told her friend.

“What is it?”

“Well isn’t that Soarin over there?” Rainbow pointed to the colt. “He looks really down.”

“Yeah he does. Is he okay?” Fluttershy asked with concern.

“I don’t know. I’m gonna invite him to sit with us. Is that okay Fluttershy?” Rainbow asked.

“Sure. I hate seeing ponies down.”

“Thanks Flutters.” Rainbow smiled at the yellow pegasus. “Hey. Soarin right?” Soarin turned to her. “You want to sit with us?”

The seemed to light up when she said that. “You sure?” He asked shyly.

“Sure why not?” Rainbow replied.

“Well thanks!” Soarin trotted over and sat next to the Rainbow mare. “You’re Rainbow Dash right?” He asked.

“The one and only!” Rainbow boasted and Soarin laughed at that.

“You’re Fluttershy right?” Soarin extended his hoof as the shy pegasus seemed to just cower. “Is it something I said?”

“No she’s like this with every pony. They don’t call her FlutterSHY for nothing.” Rainbow said jokingly.

“Oh well it’s nice to meet you two. Why did you invite me over?” Soarin said putting down his hoof.

“Well we see we hate seeing ponies down. Right Flutters?” Rainbow said turning towards her friend. Fluttershy nodded slightly.

“Well thanks you two. I don’t have very many friends.” Soarin said looking sad.

“No problem! We’ll be your friends. We don’t have very many friends either.” Rainbow said.

“Wow thank you. You’re really nice.” Soarin replied.

“Like I said no problem.” Rainbow said waving her hoof. “So anyway we were talking about the Wonderbolts. Wanna join?”

"The Wonderbolts?! I love the Wonderbolts!" Soarin said excited.

"I know right! They're so awesome!" Rainbow said geeking out.

"I love that they're always there for eachother and are a real team."

"Me too! They're just so cool and fast and amazing! I know all of them!" Rainbow boasted.

"Me too!"

"I like that they're so nice and that they help out ponies in need." Fluttershy said finally finding her voice.

"Hey she spoke! Does that mean we're friends?" Soarin asked as the small yellow Pegasus recoiled again.

"Uh give her time. It took me a whole day to get her to say anything to me when we first met." Rainbow said teasing her friend.

"Well he just seems like such a nice pony..." Fluttershy said softly.

"Well thanks!" Soarin said smiling at her.

"Okay we're here. Please exit the bus so we can see if everypony is here." The bus driver said.

"Hey Soarin, you wanna hang out at lunch? We can talk about the Wonderbolts more there." Rainbow asked the blue Pegasus.

Soarin smiled and said, "Sure why not?"

"Awesome! See you then! Come on Flutters. Don't want them thinking we're not here." The Rainbow mare said pulling her friend with her.

Soarin smiled as the two left. "Hey I just made some friends! Yes! Score one for Soarin!" He said before exiting the bus into his new flight camp.

End of Chapter