• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 679 Views, 4 Comments

Luna's Constellations - Starlight Aura



Young Luna realizes that even immortal ponies, like herself, die someday. What can she do?

  • ...
 4
 679

The Clear Blank Night

Author's Note:

This is my first published work. Please go easy on the comments, and don't let Celestia see. Please don't! Enjoy!
:trollestia:

- By Ex-Princess Starlight Aura

Prologue

I was not yet born when this happened, but Princess Stella told the rest of the Alinites. Enjoy!

The Clear Blank Night


Queen Galaxia

(Luna’s P.O.V.)

It was still pretty, the night, even though it has no special qualities like my sister’s precious light. The night had nothing, while the day contained a sun, clouds, birds, pegasi, and light. I mean, light is pretty and all, but keeping it in the sky everywhere is just obnoxious. Everything should be in moderation.

I don’t only love the night for it’s enchanting feel, but because of my mom.

Mom was a beautiful alicorn. Her name isn't actually “Mom”, I just call her that. Her real name is Galaxia, sorry Princess Galaxia. She was a cream-colored pony with a purple and orange mane, resembling a sunset. She was always there for you, unlike Tia. I think Stella inherited her beauty and personality from Mom.

When my mom gave birth to me, it was underneath the dark blue sky. I came into the world with my trademark universe-like hair I got from my dad, King Cosmos. My parents were overjoyed, Stella grateful, and Tia remorseful.

Every time I get stressed or sad, I tell Mom to come out into the night with me and we would talk. Then, I would hold her and she comforted me. We did this all the time until she got sick.

Ever since Dad sacrificed himself for us to be safe during the First Changeling War, we were devastated, especially my mom. She soon started staying outside all day. She never went inside. She’d just stare at the blue sky with scattered clouds and stare at the dark, superior night. The servants took care of us, and left her alone. But every night, I came outside and just laid there next to my mom, and she would hold me tight. That's when she became sick.

(Celestia’s P.O.V.)

Luna was, like, being a total pain in the flank. I mean, she like, didn't even help Stella and me! Mom is like, sick, and she is, like, totally bailing out on her! Like, wow! She just keeps, like, staring out at that, like, NOT trending night. We all know that, like, the Sun is trending on Muzzlebook. Muzzlebook is like, the best thing ever! I can always post cute pictures of me to my friends and secret crushes.

(Luna’s P.O.V.)

Mom was getting more and more sick as the night continued. I stayed outside. I couldn’t bear to see my mother, the sparkle in her eyes...blank. Like the night.

As I watch my tears fall, somepony in a cloak approached. She passed the guards. How? I watch with curiosity. Then, when I dared to say something I called out to her as she neared me and the door to my mother’s room.

“Hey! Who are you!” I shouted.

The pony shrugged.“Somepony.”

That wasn’t a good enough answer for me.

“What’s your name?” I ask when she stood in front of me.

The pony gave me body language that showed she didn’t understand. I couldn’t see her face, but I could see her eyes. They glowed a brilliant blue.

“My name is Somepony. But ponies call me the Enchantress.”

She walked right on passed me. I tried to stop her. Well, I think she’s a “her”. She sounds pretty young and like a mare. But when I tried to stop her, she revealed a horn and it glowed...rainbow! I have never seen a pony’s magical aura glow rainbow. She picked me up with her rainbow magic and set me aside. She opened the door with the same rainbow.

I didn’t see what happend next, but I heard Stella’s voice talking to the Enchantress Somepony.

I peered up at the night sky, searching for an answer. Nothing. As usual.

Then the door burst open again, and their stood Somepony, carrying Mom! With her rainbow magic! She took off into the air, into the night, with my mother, her hidden wings, and her rainbow elegance.

There are other alicorns, I guess. I stood watching. Mom had the power to stop her, but didn't. I knew Mom would be okay, so I stopped my flow of tears. Mom almost died. She is immortal. Like me. Does that mean...I can die too?

(Stella's P.O.V.)

I have always questioned death. Death. A mysterious force no one can understand. We, my sisters and I , are immortal, as us being alicorns and all. But time will one day, time will end, especially when now my father, who is the King of Time, and now my mother, Queen of Space, might have died. My mother I am more unsure, for she has been taken by the The Enchantress Somepony. She will take my mother to the Forgotten Land, otherwise known as the Origin Realm. Mother will be safe. She is with the Pony in Blank. Those in question, Enchantress Somepony, an alicorn, has already earned her cutie mark. Hers is simply nothing, therefore representing everything. A Blank Flank with a flank. It makes me ponder.

An Ancient Foal Poem and Song by Songfilled Melody

"Fillies and colts, don't be saddened,
If Mother or Father has passed away.
They will be fine, they will prosper
they won't rot, mold, fall, and decay.

For the Pony of Nothing, the Blank Flank mare
She will guide them through forests and sand.
Don't worry my foals, dry your tears,
For the Somepony has taken them to the Forgotten Land."