• Published 12th May 2012
  • 1,735 Views, 12 Comments

Amnesia: Twilight's Descent - NABronyStudios



A crossover between Amnesia: The Dark Descent and MLP

  • ...
3
 12
 1,735

Prologue

Intro -Part 1- Amnesia

“Don’t forget… some things mustn’t be forgotten.”

“The shadow hunting me… I must hurry.”

“My name is Twilight, I live in Ponyville at… at… the library.”

“What have I done? This is crazy.”

“Don’t forget, don’t forget.”

“I must stop her. Focus! My name is… is… I am Twilight…”

I heard the sound of a glass shattering.

With a painful headache and a very slow pulse I got on my feet. “Where am I? What happened to me?”

Slowly getting back to my senses I tried finding something that can explain all this. What happened before I got here?

I can’t remember; what little I recall tells me that this must be amnesia and by the looks of it those rocks behind me are the cause. One of them must’ve given me a good bump on the head. That also explains the headache.

I looked around and noticed this to be a very dark corridor. I could hear the sound of thunder outside and see the water dripping inside through a narrow hole in the ceiling. This must be a castle; the carpet and windows definitely belong in one. But there is something odd on the carpet.

I get a closer look. Rose petals, fresh rose petals and a reddish liquid that has their smell; I wonder what it is? Alas, I have more important things to do right now, like finding somepony who can tell me where I am.

I entered the door on my right and saw what seemed to be a greeting office. There was no one inside although I saw a tinderbox and a freshly lit candle. I thought to myself I don’t need such a thing, I have magic, I’ll just light this entire place in no time; but then I realized…

MY MAGIC!!! It’s… it’s gone. Something isn’t right. How could I lose my powers? Just like that? I must find princess Celestia maybe she can explain everything to me. It seems like I’ll need a tinderbox after all…

I advanced down the corridor towards a big double door fitting of such a castle. I heard the sound of wind and suddenly felt like I was going to collapse right there, but I regained my balance shortly, not without knocking over one of the armor suits displayed. Oh, somepony will surely notice this, I should fix it but I don’t have the time, nor my magic… I should get going… I muttered to myself.

I walked towards the door and firmly pushed it with my hooves, forcing my entire body against it, but it just wouldn’t open. I guess it’s locked for some reason; I’ll just take the way around.

Turning to the left of the large double door there was a chamber with a drawer, a display case and some painti… *the wind slams open a door to the right*

“EEK… What… What was that?” I said to myself, feeling rather creeped out. I looked inside to find out where it came from; apparently it was a living room with a fireplace and no windows. OK, this is getting weird…

I returned to the chamber with the paintings and found another door leading towards a staircase; the entire path had stains of the reddish liquid, from the corridor and until here. Strangely I think there are more ahead.

As I walked along the staircase placing a hoof after another on the stone, the chandeliers started moving and the ceiling gave off a creaking sound. An earthquake, I should run and find cover. I ran fast through the corridor until I heard an otherworldly moan, I froze in place not knowing if it was the scare or the dizziness that held me there. I fell on the carpet and stood there until the shock was over, it didn’t last very long.

I had to move on; maybe the moan was from a pony who got hurt. The next room had stains of the red liquid all over. It seemed devastated by either the earthquake or by somepony. One door was leading to a painting’s storage room. When I reached the center, a second door on the right slowly opened. I wonder what’s in there, but I’m not sure I should go. I took a deep breath and found the courage to go in.

I entered it slowly observing it was an exhibit room with paintings. Just as I reached the center… Wind started blowing all around turning out all the candles, messing with my mane and making my heart race like never before. But again, there were no windows to be seen. “This… this… makes no sense.” I said while lighting a candle with shaking hooves. “Is anypony here? “ No answer.

I followed the liquid towards the only way out, a stone stairway with a collapsed column at its base. The castle was already making me paranoid with its grey walls and gloomy light. It lead me to a door different from the others, it was covered in red velvet with a black metal reinforcing on top.
I entered it…

Intro -Part 2- Note to self

…only to find another hallway. "This is getting old… If only the castle had anything else except corri…" *the eerie wind slams open another door, pages flying all around; this time it took out the lights as well*

While lighting the warm torch back, I thought to myself. There must be an explanation to this wind, all these rooms, maybe they have something in common.

Another storage, devastated; water pouring from the roof inside. As I put my hoof on the bare soil inside I couldn’t see anything in common with the other two chambers. At least it was day, as the light coming in through the gap confirmed it. I guess I’ll find out sooner or later… “AGH!"

Bugs on the floor everywhere were climbing onto my hooves, touching me with their tiny legs and antennae. I shook them off in disgust and jumped on the nearest shelf. But as soon as I looked back, the bugs were gone... "Something is terribly wrong here. I must find a way out!" If anypony were here, I would’ve seen them until now, so I assumed I was alone.

Continuing down the hallway, I stopped in a room with collapsed columns, with holes in the ceiling where they used to be. I noticed something shining on the floor. Trying to approach it, a strong gust of wind nearly blew me off my feet, practically pushing me towards the object. I stood still, frozen in fear. When I was sure the wind chilling wind had passed, I went to take a closer look at the object.

It was an oil lantern. Realizing it would be useful, I seized the opportunity and took it, putting it around my neck, I also took the saddle bag near the lantern as it was getting tiresome to carry the tinderbox in my mouth and I would need a place to hold oil as well. The next corridor was pitch black and I needed my new lantern to see anything; it raised my morale quite a bit as it felt warm and it gave the so much needed light. Steadily advancing, I could hear another sound in the distance that sent chills down my spine.

Entering the next room, another earthquake shook the foundation of the castle thoroughly. This one didn’t scare me as much, already being used to the occasional rumbling. Looking around, I saw nothing of interest, except for a peculiar mark found on several crates. It was something like a black bird, with a crown on its head, holding something in its beak. "I wonder what it stands for… Never mind, no time for this…" I said to myself, as I walked past them.

Reaching the next chamber, I saw the liquid trail end near a desk. On it, there was a note, a small bottle of oil for the lantern and a dim candle. First things first, I take the oil and refill the lantern with it, after putting it out. After this, I take a quick glimpse at the note and recognize… my writing! I look at it closer, and this is what I found written, black on white:

"16 September 2011

I wish I could ask how much you remember. I don’t know if there will be anything left after I consume this drink.

Don’t be afraid, Twilight. I can’t tell you why, but know this, I choose to forget. Try to find comfort and strength in that fact. There is a purpose. You are my final effort to put things right.

I am hoping that the name Celestia of Everfree still invokes bitter anger in you. If not, this will sound horrible.

Go to the Inner Sanctum, find Celestia and kill her. Her body is old and weak, and yours is young and strong. She will be no match for you.

One last thing. A shadow is following you. It’s a living nightmare—breaking down reality. I have tried everything and there is no way to fight back. You need to escape it for as long as you can.

Redeem us both Twilight. Descend into the darkness, where Celestia waits and murder her.

Your former self,

Twilight Sparkle."

This... this can't be! Why would I choose to forget? Why would I call princess Celestia "of Everfree"? Why on earth would I want to kill her? And most of all, how can she be old? I thought she was immortal. The "shadow", why is it hunting me and what is it? So many questions and no answers...

It could be a fake; maybe somepony wants princess Celestia dead. Let's see if the writing is mine. I checked it thoroughly, each letter, each curve, they were all uneven and unskillfully made, they couldn't have been mine, unless... they were written without magic.

I felt a headache as I grasped the truth, tears dripping from my eyes.

It was all too unexpected...

Why? Why would I choose to forget?