• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 548 Views, 4 Comments

General Twilight Sparkle - MMM WATCHA SAY



Equestria is a place for peace and harmony. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work out, especially when that place of peace and harmony is also plagued with magical monsters. Now how about Twilight Sparkle as a General?

  • ...
6
 4
 548

GLHF

Equestria's military units are very weak. Very rarely do firearms or any other type of weapon is found in this country. Then again, if your country doesn't have war very often, what's the point of weapons? This is what happens if your leader is extremely ignorant and refuses outside help from any other planets. The times before Nightmare Moon and Discord, like Tirek and The Smooze are long gone, and the Princesses thought nothing of those old creatures. They found having weapons more dangerous then now. But the only defence for Equestria back then, way before Twilight and her friends were alive, was just the Elements of Harmony, and they weren't even that dangerous. Equestria was know as the "Kingdom of Friendship and Harmony" back then, and to most of the other worlds in the galaxy, they laughed at Equestria. Some of them offered help, and were turned down immediately and forcefully. Equestria was a fool for not taking the offers, as they got attacked countless times in the past, by Discord, the Sirens, and then finally, Nightmare Moon. Celestia was lucky enough to weaken Nightmare Moon, so she could banish her to the moon. Discord, defeated by the Elements of Harmony. These days, Discord is reformed, although he still causes some chaos once in a while.

Of course, at this point of time, war is going to come anyway. Your kingdom is weak, with almost no defence of the sort. The return of Nightmare Moon and Discord was only the beginning. Then came the changeling attack on Canterlot. That would be a really good wake up call. And it was. A new era in Equestria's history had began. Celestia and Luna made the U.E.A to protect Equestria, consisting of some of the Royal Guard, and finally, soldiers from different worlds. Contract signed, in exchange for some resources that were depleted in other worlds. As much as some of the other leaders in Equestria refused, Celestia and Luna made it anyway, their reason meaning to protect Equestria from harm.

You might be wondering, where does Twilight Sparkle come into any of this? Well, you're looking at someone who has connections with the princess, is extremely smart, in this sense that she is the best magician in Equestria, and has at least stocked up some military knowledge in her mind, not to mention she invented the first weapon that wasn't a spear, shield or bow. I could go on and on, but we'll explain that later. Let's move on.

The first attack that occurred when the U.E.A was just starting to form was from rebel alliances consisting of many cities around the globe, most notably, the Elite Crew, dubbed, the "1337". They started a civil war between some cities and towns, and even Canterlot was in the mess. You could say that the U.E.A was the first Counter-Terrorism unit at the point in time. The development of weapons were just starting, and successfully, 50% of the rebel alliances were crushed, wiped from the face of the planet, the other 50% went to some unknown places. Very hard to track, since they keep moving, and how do we know this? During the time of before and now, radars and satellites were invented. Yes, the ponies went to space finally. The Royal Guard have been briefed on older weapons from the generation before them, the humans. Bipedal creatures which were very smart, as recorded in old records and books. Weapons like the Auto-Kalashnikov, and the "United States" Colt M16. The soldiers had no idea of what they were working with, but trained with them anyway. Blueprints for the weapons were found in the Canterlot archives, part of the "Ancient Creatures" section. These weapons were set into mass production, in a version re-modified for pony usage, by the one and only, Twilight Sparkle.

Let's move on again, towards the Year of Inventions. Yes, specifically called that, this is when some pony scientists and weapon experts pitched in ideas for weapons and other types of communication systems. After the breakthrough of video game machines, satellites and rockets, they needed to move on. Twilight Sparkle, as mentioned before, invented the first weapon able to shoot something that isn't any arrow. A pure beam of magic, contained in small capsules, is shot out of this cannon. This idea was revised many times, as it failed tests, until they found the right materials able to withstand the magic shot out. The cannon's official name was also discussed, until the final name was put in as the "Neuron Gun". A handheld version was made as well, for civilian purposes, as the handheld version was toned down a lot on magical power. I'll explain the name a bit. Since magic comes from a unicorn's horn, the unicorn's brain transfers neurons to make a particular spell. It was the most logical one, and was successfully distributed into the Equestrian Military Service, the sister of the U.E.A, commanded by Princess Luna. Twilight Sparkle was immediately assigned to the U.E.A as a weapons designer, having to test other weapon prototypes placed by other weapon designers. She had the power of whether to distribute it, put it in as a specialist-type weapon, or just scrap it. The norm became go to work, test weapons, choose which one, make it, show to princesses, wait for agreement, go home, and go to sleep. Her friends questioned it, her schedule being different from before, but she told them not to worry.

Again, I'll ask this. Are you wondering how Twilight ever got to the rank she is today? She started off down there, and got all the way up to the top.

The beginning of the military units, the ones that have protected Equestria for decades. What happened during those decades? Surely, something must have happened, right?

Author's Note:

This is my first story, rate and comment, and tell me some tips to improve. For now, farewell!

If I ever make another chapter, that will explain some of Twilight's exploits in the United Equestrian Army.

Also, this is not a crossover with any other fandom, so don't take this as a typical Call of Duty type fanfiction, even if it mentions guns.