• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 1,148 Views, 7 Comments

Shingeki no Pony - Nyancatinator



AU to Equestria Girls 2. After receiving Sunset Shimmer's message, Twilight attempts to return to Canterlot High through the portal. Instead, she ends up in a world dominated by titans, where the human race is nearly extinct.

  • ...
0
 7
 1,148

Ichi

All Twilight could feel was pain. It encompassed her whole body as she struggled to get to her feet. Wait- she had feet! The portal must have worked, as she was back in her human form. But something was off... her purple skin was now a pale tanned color, and her clothes were a rugged shirt and simple pants. Come to think of it, this wasn't Canterlot High at all. It hurt her head just to think, and her eye sight was blurry, but Twilight could tell she seemed to be in the middle a vast meadow, with a forest in the distance. In the opposite direction of the forest, she could see what appeared to be a huge wall. But why did the portal bring her here? Before she could do anything, a series of ear splitting thuds began to shake the ground. She glanced up in terror to see a gigantic humanoid creature bearing down on her. Twilight's eyes widened as she attempted to conjure up a teleportation spell to no avail.

I'm not a unicorn anymore. My magic is useless here! What am I going to do? This... thing will be on top of me in seconds! The pony turned human thought to herself. W-why can't I move? Surely I've faced worse than this. Twilight wasn't sure, but something about its eerie grin terrified her more than any creature she had ever faced. It wasn't before the giant's enormous hand was above her, and picked her up by the back of her shirt that Twilight finally came to her senses, and began to scream and struggle. Unfortunately, she had waited too long, and found herself unable to escape its grasp. She many thoughts were surging through her still aching head. I don't understand! Why would the portal send me to my death? All my friends... I never even got to say a final goodbye... She shut her eyes tightly when the naked creature open its gaping maw, lifting her up as if it were about to swallow her whole. Twilight felt tears streaming down her face as she awaited the inevitable. She couldn't believe it was going to end like this. Being eaten by some giant human-like monster. Alas, there was nothing she could do, so she just waited. And waited. But her gory demise never came. The next thing she knew, the titan was sprawled on the ground beneath her with a huge slice of flesh missing from the back of its neck, and she was hurtling through the air towards it.

Great, so if I don't get eaten by a giant, I'm going to fall to my death? The thought briefly flashed in her mind as her screaming intensified. However, that end never came either, as Twilight found herself in the embrace of a man, who flung her to the ground in the safest way possible in those circumstances. The impact was still hard, and she could see colorful splotches clouding her vision. She blinked them away, and got a good look at her savior. He was an older man with grayish-brown hair, and a crooked grin. He had landed lightly on his feet, adjusting a cravat that was fastened around his neck as he examined his kill.

"Auruo, what's the hold up?" Twilight suddenly heard a feminine voice inquire. A girl with light ginger hair rode up on a chestnut colored horse to the man- Who Twilight guessed was Auruo. A horse! I remember reading about these last time I was on Earth. They're like ponies, but bigger, and they can't speak.

"Sorry, Petra dear, I was just rescuing a damsel in distress." The said with a cocky grin, as he gestured towards Twilight.

"Yea right, what idiot would be outside the walls- Hey, it's a girl! And what on earth is wrong with her hair?" The girl named Petra was staring at Twilight's mane- er, hair- and the once unicorn noticed it was still its signature navy blue, with a pink and purple highlight. Twilight didn't understand why they were looking at it like they were. At Canterlot High, everyone had bright hair colors, just as the ponies in equestria's manes had looked. Then again, where ever she was now was not Canterlot High or Equestria.

"Well, it doesn't matter now. Come on, we'll get you to safety." Petra extended a hand to Twilight, and the she suppressed the instinctual urge to ball her fist as she accepted it. The navy blue haired girl stumbled multiple times as Petra helped her to her feet, not yet used to the strange appendages. Auruo stood in the background with an amused smirk as he watched Twilight attempt to get her bearings. She forced a glance back to her almost killer, just to find an enormous pile of bones where the body of the giant was. Twilight realized she must have looked quite shocked, because Auruo let out a chuckle.

"What, never encountered a titan before? They tend to decay at an astounding speed, much to the dismay of our scientists." The man explained, giving one of the bones a forceful kick, sending it flying. Titans, that's what they called the giants. Petra rolled her eyes.

"Come on, we haven't time to delay. Heichou will be expecting us back any minute now, and I'm sure all that screaming will attract every titan within a three mile radius." She stated, glancing at Twilight. "You can ride with me, as I wouldn't put it past Auruo here to try anything pervy." Petra explained, mounting her horse and offering Twilight a hand.

"Petra, I'm hurt that you would suggest such a thing." He drawled, his words laced with sarcasm as he mounted his own horse, which Twilight hadn't noticed before now. She accepted Petra's hand, as strange as it felt to be riding something that so closely resembled her true form. The ginger gave a curt command, and the horse took off at a gallop, causing Twilight to almost fall off. She wrapped her arms tightly around Petra's waist, still reeling from all that had happened.

"Hey, you've been awfully quiet. Are you okay? Wait, don't answer that. Anyways, what's your name? And what're you doing so far outside the walls?" Petra inquired as they rode. It took Twilight a few seconds to process that she had even been spoken to.

"Um, my name's Twilight. I don't know what the 'walls' are, but I honestly don't know how I got here." Twilight answered to the best of her ability, cringing at every titan she saw in the distance.

"Huh, sounds like you've got some strange case of amnesia." Petra responded, steering them away from a titan that was venturing a little too close for comfort.

"Well, if you stick around with me when the mission's over, I could certainly give you something to remember- Agh!" A loud crunch stopped Auruo mid sentence, and Twilight looked back to see he had chomped on his own tongue. Petra would have probably face-palmed if her hands weren't occupied with holding the horse's reins.

Twilight blacked out shortly after that, and her dreams were all plagued by the demon that had almost taken her life not ten minutes ago, and her friends whom she might never see again.

Author's Note:

Konichiwa! So I have been wanting to write this for a really long time, and I finally got around to doing it. I know that since AoT was translated from Japanese, there are a few different spellings of the characters names. I picked the ones that I preferred, but if a majority of you want some of them spelled a different way, I'm okay with changing it. This chapter is set during the 56th recon mission, and I'm really bad with timelines so I'm going with this being a couple years before the catastrophic 57th. Also, I know the Levi squad was assembled because of Eren, but for the purposes of this story they were together before that to make the relationships closer. So I hope this chapter wasn't too cringy, and I hope some of you decide to keep reading this story :) I'm very excited to write this, and I have so many ideas for it. It's gonna be great, guys!