• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 1,305 Views, 19 Comments

Gone in a Flash - kennel hoof



Flash and Twilight have been together for some time now. Living in the castle in Ponyville. But things are about to change when Flash is sent to appleloosa to solve a changeling problem.

  • ...
17
 19
 1,305

Chapter 2: under Luna´s moon, in Manehattan.

Two weeks after Flash had returned home to his wife princess Twilight, they sat at the dinner table together getting some breakfast.

“Any important royal duties today princess” Flashed smiled, knowing Twilight rather wanted to be called by her name or just something else than princess. But he just couldn’t help it. He was in reality on duty and therefor called her by her title.

“Come on Flash, you know I prefer you call me Twilight, or just something else” she smiled while drinking some water. “But not so much, have to travel to the Crystal Empire to meet up with Cadence and Shining, you could come with me.”

“Yea I would love th…”

before Flash could finish his sentence a blue pegasi ran into the dining room.
“I’m terribly sorry your highness for the interruption, but new problems has come up in Appleloosa.”

Flash looked over at the guard “is it the Changelings again, I thought we scared them away two weeks ago.”

“They have come back in bigger numbers, it seems like they are trying to take Appleloosa. Probably to make a stronger army so they can take over Equestria.”

Flash looked over at Twilight with a worried expression. “Well seems like I have to see Cadence and Shining another time then” then looking over at the guard “send as many as we can to hold the line, I will join you as fast as I can.”

The blue pegasi naught’d and ran off to gather the troops and move to Appleloosa.
Meanwhile Flash quickly finished his breakfast and walked over to Twilight.

“It won’t be too long I promise, have fun in the Crystal Empire. And say hello to Cadence and Shining from me.”

“just promise you´ll be careful, I won’t have anything happen to you” Twilight said with worry in her eyes.
Giving Twilight a kiss on her mouth. “I promise Twilight. I’ll be back before you know it”


With that Flash ran towards their bedroom to gather his stuff for the trip. He packed a bag with something to drink and eat on his way, taking his armor on and walking towards the castle entrance.
When he got to the door leading outside, he turned around and saw Twilight standing behind him. He could clearly see the worry in her eyes, but still trying to keep a smile on her face.
Flash walked over to her wrapping his hoofs around her, giving her a long hug while giving her a long sweet kiss.

“Don’t worry about me, we won two weeks ago and we will do the same thing this time”

With that he ran for the door, pushed them open and flew towards Appleloosa.
Back on the ground Twilight stood looking after him as he flew. She had a strange feeling that this was not going to be as easy as the last time. She shook her head remembering she had to make herself ready for the trip to The Crystal Empire.


Flash flew as fast as he could towards Appleloosa, if this was worse than the last time he knew there was no time to spare. His mind raced in that moment. About how much damage the Changelings could have done to the place and how many casualties there would be.
And then his minds where on Twilight again, how she had woken up the day after he had come home and sneaked into the bed. How she had been so happy to see him in one piece that she by an accident had woken him up. And how they the last two weeks had spent as much time as possible together, only separated by a few royal duties and some training for a couple of recruits.

And then he thought back to their first date. Flash had made reservation on a fine diner in Manehattan. They had traveled by train, Twilight always preferred to use public transport if possible and never any of that “princess treatment” she wanted to be with other ponies and didn’t want to feel better or more important than others.
Flash remembered how they on their way had talked about his and hers childhood, her first day in ponyville and all the other adventures she had been on.

He remembered how after the dinner they had walked out to the sea near the bridge to look over at Equestria. He remembered how her mane shined in the lights on the docs as they sat there.
In that moment, he had taken the chance and moved a hoof around her body. He had felt how she moved in closer to him, moving her head up to look at him. And he was moving his head down to look at her. They had both looked into each other’s eyes for what felt like forever when they had closed in for their first kiss under Luna’s bright moon.