• Published 14th Jan 2015
  • 1,443 Views, 3 Comments

Forgiveness - Dusty Tome



Can friend's betrayal ever truly be forgiven?

  • ...
0
 3
 1,443

Disappearance

CHAPTER ONE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.

---
“Though wild is my home, the forest deep,
Still, a quiet mind I must keep.”

An odd haze lifted from the cauldron in the Zebra’s home. If Applebloom where to happen by as she often did, she might have thought Zecora was floating beside the bubbling concoction. In a way, it was true. Meditation, along with a nice herbal stew for later, helped her get in tune with the many changes that had been occurring through Equestria. Her mind was in nearly a dream, and while she wasn’t looking for any particular vision, one kept coming: one of a broken castle, and a troubled mind.

“Unsettling it is, to see these things
Of ill is this omen, of misfortune it brings”

Where was this castle? Who was she seeing? Her curiosity led her deeper and she slowed her breathing as she went further into the vision. It became more clear, but also unfocused. She saw an empty throne and two windows, alone in a shattered hall. A shadow made its way along the wall. Familiar, yet foreign. She knew this creature, of this she was certain. Was it the vision clouding her memory of who it was? Or was the creature changing as she watched? She heard a muffled voice call for something, she couldn’t tell what, but the angered roar that bellowed through the halls let her know that whatever had been called for was not what had come.

“Changing is his magic, the god of a chaotic world,
What is happening to the one named Discord?”
---

"I'm better off alone anyways." Discord muttered to himself, "Ever since Celestia and..." He let his words trail off as he began to reminisce, absentmindedly swirling a half- empty glass of chocolate milk. "No, now is not the time for this." Discord discarded the nearly empty glass and dragged himself out of the broken throne. he began to stride meanderingly through the old castle's halls, past intricate and ornate stained glass windows, those that weren't already shattered and faded began to explode under the weight of the Spirit of Chaos' melancholic pressure. As he left the throne room, only two windows remained whole and untouched, one of Twilight and her friends, and one of a pure white mare sparkling as it had a thousand years before.

---

"Twilight!" The purple alicorn dropped the book she was reading and nearly fell on the floor as a yellow pegasus sped into the library. "Twilight you Have to help! Something awful has happened!" Twilight hurriedly fixed her crown and mane, concerned at her normally timid friends sudden panic.

"Fluttershy! Calm down and take a breath. Now what happened? What's wrong? Is somepony hurt?"

"Discord is gone!" Fluttershy cried, "He never showed up for our tea, so i went to look for him, and nopony had seen him since..."

"Since he betrayed us". Twilight said bluntly.

Fluttershy dipped her head and quietly agreed. The two ponies let the silence sink in as they began to realize what this could mean. Twilight allowed her mind to wander as she thought about that day, nearly six months ago where her suspicions were confirmed. "Princess Celestia said the we could reform him. She assured me that he wouldn't turn back. That this time was different. She was wrong, and so much had happened because of him! Now he's loose, what if he decides to do worse? What if he tries to- No!" Twilight Sparkle shook herself from her day dream and looked at Fluttershy. She still had her head hung limply whimpering softly as tears began to flow. "Fluttershy..." She began, "Let's get the girls so we can make a plan to find him. I just hope to Celestia that you and the Princesses were right about Discord," Twilight began to put books and quills into a saddlebag when she spotted the necklace Discord had given to her. "For all our sakes." she finished quietly.

---

Princess Luna had gotten the letter first, and as she strode nervously into her sister's chamber, she found Celestia Sitting at her desk her pure white coat and flowing mane disheveled, reading books, staring at a page here and there before haphazardly tossing them into a pile. Over the rustling of pages and thumping of books into the pile, Luna thought she could just hear her sisters voice. "Why? Discord... broken... a thousand years... why?"
Softly the Lunar Princess stepped into the room approaching Celestia when she suddenly found an intricately engraved sword pressed to her throat.

"Tia?" The sword clattered to the ground as Princess Celestia turned quickly to her sisters fearful face.

"Luna! I'm so sorry! Oh dear sister, forgiv-" Luna had already taken her elder sister in a tight embrace, before assuring her sister.

"Dear sister, it is I who should apologize. I should not have snuck up on you like I did. I see you already know then?"

"Yes... I don't feel his magic anymore. I feared the worst. We both know what Discord is capable of when not in control of himself,” A heavy silence had fallen between the sisters as they began to think what he might be planning. His last great plot had nearly caused the nearly inseparable sisters to turn on one another, regardless of the Elements of Harmony. Celestia still felt that Discord may have planted the seeds of jealousy that brought her sister to become Nightmare Moon. Suddenly there came a knock at the door. A lunar guard opened the door slowly and spoke.

“Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, pardon my intrusion, but Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends are here for you.”

“Thank you Smiles,” Replied Princess Luna, “Tia, shall we met with them?”

“Yes, let us go, maybe Fluttershy knows where he may be.”

---

Author's Note:

Okay, So this is a thing now. Let me know how it is, critique is apreciated.
Be sure to let me know if you want more.