• Published 3rd Jan 2015
  • 358 Views, 5 Comments

Blight Squad - Fafnir the Flameborn



A squad of Princess Celestia's Royal Guard are sent into the Everfree Forest to put an end to Changeling attacks after Princess Cadence's and Prince Shining Armor's wedding, until they learn the awful truth of why they were really sent out there.

  • ...
8
 5
 358

A Small Visit

During the night I had a rather odd dream: I was walking along a moonlit riverside with one side--the side across from me--bearing a treeline.

At first I only heard two things: my hoofsteps, and the gentle burbling of the river. But then I heard a third noise, louder than even the river: humming. It was coming from inside the treeline quiet at first, but then it got louder and closer.

After a few moments I finally found the source of the humming, for a pony, hooded and cloaked, face obscured, slowly walked out of the treeline. I couldn't even see the pony's mane or tail. The only things I could make out from the pony was that it was a mare, for the humming had a feminine tone, and that she was a Unicorn, for I could see the tip of a spiraled horn protruding out from under the hood. The cloak was too long for me to see her hooves.

Still humming, she approached the riverbank, lowered her head to the water, and took long gulps of the clear liquid.

After she drank her fill, she lifted her head and looked directly at me. The last thing I saw were her eyelids lifting to reveal two white, glowing orbs.

As the dream faded away only one waking thought raced across my mind: Luna!