• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 1,042 Views, 5 Comments

The Little Rainbow (Revised Version) - TheDashie



This is a story about how Rainbow Dash has to deal with the issues of being turned into a child again after a battle with Discord. Will she be able to get back to her normal age, or will she have to grow up all over again.

  • ...
0
 5
 1,042

Chapter 4

Author's Note:

So sorry for the slow update and the short chapter, but I haven't really got time to work on a chapter every other day. I'm planning on making a weekly update with significantly longer chapters. Other than that I hope you enjoy!

Rainbow watched as Rarity and Pinkie made their way down to see the others, covered in what looked like cake and frosting. "I'm sorry Twilight dear.. It seems Pinkie here made a mess in your room.. And all over us.. May we use your bathroom to clean ourselves up real quick?" Rarity asked Twilight as Pinkie already headed into Twilight's downstairs bathroom to get cleaned up.

"Of course you can, your don't have to ask Rarity. We got in contact with Rainbow and AJ as well in case you were still worrying about them.." Twilight smiled nervously as she motioned her hand over to where AJ was sitting, Rainbow on her lap with her head resting on AJ's shoulder. Rarity's eyebrow raised as she stepped closer to the two, her main focus on the smaller rainbow haired one. "Is this really Rainbow Dash..?" Rarity asked and her question was answered by a light nod from AJ.

"It is Rarity.. We were surprised as you are, though we don't understand.." Twilight let out an annoyed sigh as she rubbed one of her temples with her middle and index finger. Rarity decided to wait in cleaning up as she took a destination beside AJ and held her arms out to take Rainbow, "May I see her AJ?" AJ answered with a nod as she handed Rainbow to Rarity before she stood up and stretched, "Can I leave her with you guys until later today? I need to head to the store and get a few items and I'm not sure if she wants to be seen how she is.."

"If you want I could take her off your hands for the rest of the day, I'm pretty sure I would be a good choice in comparison to Pinkie.." Rarity trailed off as she gently pinched Rainbow's cheeks, laughing at the small protests she received. "She is quite the cutie if you ask me.." Rainbow began to mumbled rude remarks as she heard Rarity call her 'cute', moving her head to where she bit down on Rarity's finger and closed her eyes.

"For the love of god Rainbow.. Let go of her finger.." AJ sat back down and placed her hands on Rainbow's sides, lifting her up a little bit. Once AJ made sure Rarity was okay she excused herself and Rainbow and went into a different room, obviously agitated by what Rainbow had done. Sitting down on a chair Twilight provided for people to read books they may have wanted AJ placed Rainbow on one of her legs and gave her a small look of disapproval, "Rainbow.. Why would you go and bite her, all she did was compliment you by saying you were cute and she is correct about that.." She let out a small sigh when she noticed Rainbow had began to sniffle as she looked down, her hands reaching up to rub her eyes. "Shh.. It's okay, there's no need to cry.." AJ spoke softly as she wrapped her arms around Rainbow, gently rubbing her back to help get her calmed down.

______________________________________________________

Pinkie excited the bathroom after she had cleaned herself up, smiling and greeting all of her friends before sitting down beside Twilight. "Hey guys! You should have seen it, I showed Rarity how you properly eat a cake! There's no way you just sit there and quietly eat the cake, you have to play with i-" Pinkie's ramblings was cut short by Twilight's hand, noises being heard as she continued to talk even with her mouth covered by someone's hand.

"There is no keeping her quiet is there?" Rarity spoke as she made her way down the stairs, taking the time since AJ and Rainbow hadn't returned from what they were doing to go ahead and get herself cleaned up. Smiling and letting out a small laugh as she heard Fluttershy and Twilight sigh at the same time, the only difference is that Twilight had put her other hand up to her face to shake her head a little bit. "I don't think anything could keep her quiet.." AJ's voice could be heard, causing everyone to look over at her.

"Where's Rainbow?" Rarity asked as she let AJ sit down beside her, glancing over as she noticed Pinkie, Twilight, and Fluttershy heading back upstairs. "She's sleeping in the other room, cried herself to sleep.." AJ sighed as she rubbed the side of face, listening to a small laugh come from Rarity along with the feeling of her getting up. "I'll go get her, it's not good to leave a child alone dear.." And with that Rarity left the room and entered the other one, smiling when she saw Rainbow sleeping on the cushioned chair.

'She is quite a cute one..' Rarity gently picked up Rainbow and let her head rest on her shoulder, walking back out to meet AJ. "I could take care of her for the rest of the day, you can get some rest for the mean time.. I know how tough it is to take care of children, but Sweetie is over at a friends house for a sleep over tonight." Rarity sat back down next to AJ, gently rubbing Rainbow's back as she heard some grumbling.

"That's sounds like a good idea Rarity, to be honest I almost forgot how hard it was to take care of a child since the family moved away.. " AJ smiled over at Rarity, standing up and popping her back before she headed upstairs to tell the others good bye. "Tell them bye for me darling, I'm going to get Rainbow back to my house so she can sleep in a bed.." AJ chuckled at that and waved her hand, "I got you, head on home."