• Published 28th May 2012
  • 708 Views, 0 Comments

MLP: Pony's Lost Origin - B. J. Williams



Fluttershy hopes to find a forgotten origin.

  • ...
 0
 708

Reaction to the Letter

It was a good morning in Fluttershy's house. The sunrise was grand as usual, the birds were chirping to help Fluttershy wake up in the morning. Fluttershy got up that morning as happy as usual to all of the critters she helped out and raised. She went down stairs.

"Good Morning, everyone." she stated with a very kind voice. Then, Angel came up with something in her mouth because she had to paws to move. Fluttershy turned to her and smiled. "Hello, Angel." Then, she noticed the thing in her mouth. "A letter. There was a letter for me?" Angel nodded confirming it was for her. She passed the letter to Fluttershy. It was a rather old white envelope, she saw the signatures of her parents, yet it hasn't been opened. "A letter from my parents?" She stated with concern. "I'd better open it." Using her wing, she opened up the envelope, pulled the letter up out of it, and began to read it. As she was reading it, she was shocked on what it said. She started to tear up as she read it almost unable to bear it.

"Dear Fluttershy,

We have raised you very well and we have called you our daughter since your foal years. But now, that your 18th birthday has come and you are moving away to Ponyville. We knew this day would come, that day when we would have to tell the truth. There is no easy way to say this without you being hurt so much.

We were not your birth parents; you can to us from elsewhere, we do not know where though. You were brought to us by a silver unicorn wearing a robe. He asked us to care for you and raise you to be the best mare a pony can become.

We hid the truth from you because you would not have been able to take it when you were younger. We hope you understand what we needed to do. We're sorry that we needed to tell you this, but it needed to be done. I hope you would be able to find your past while you are away. Although you might be born from far away, we will always be our daughter.

Sincerely, Mom and Dad."

After reading it, she threw it to the floor in denial. She burst through the door crying galloping through Ponyville without even knowing it; there was nowhere in particular she was going.

"THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" She thought denying what was on the letter. "IT'S ALL LIES! IT'S NOT TRUE!"

She made it to the river in the park. Her tears were flowing as a stream of sadness and pain from realizing that your origin that you were told from birth all turned out to be a lie. At that very moment, Rainbow Dash was flying over head making her normal weather patrol. She spotted Fluttershy in the park; Rainbow thought this was unusual for Fluttershy. So, she landed next to the yellow mare.

"Hey, Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash stated. "How's it going?" The yellow mare noticed Rainbow but remained silent still very sad. "Come on, Fluttershy. What's wrong?" Rainbow realized that something was wrong with the yellow mare. Fluttershy was not able to explain this in the park and she requested to go to the library. This unintentionally brought Twilight in, but that was possibly might have been a good thing; as she was explaining everything. The other two were in tears even Rainbow Dash despite her being a tough as nails pony.

"Fluttershy…" Rainbow said to her in Twilight's house. "I didn't know." Twilight was in a dilemma.

"One pony can't go on without knowing one's past." Twilight stated as she patted her front right hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder. The yellow mare looked up. "We will help you straighten things out." The yellow mare gave a little wee smile, but no squee. The tears were drying up at this point. Twilight knew it was there, despite it not being visible. Twilight looked out of the window with hope to help her friend. "Is there any details you can remember from the points in the letter, the separation, anything before?" Fluttershy frowned at that moment for did not know any details.

"Is there a spell that can get some lost memories out?" Fluttershy asked.

"There is such a spell." Twilight reassured her. "I just learned it though. So, I don't know what memory I will get though. Let alone get any before that particular event."

"Understood. But can you try?"

"I can try, I guess." Twilight was not understanding why Fluttershy wanted to do this. She thought he determination was overriding the fear that Fluttershy usually had. So, her horn glowed to get something from Fluttershy's past and bring it to the light. All it was… an image of another foal baby whom looked almost identical to Fluttershy; a colt with a red mane. "Woah!"

"What is it?"

"Did I just see… you having a brother?" Rainbow and Fluttershy were shocked to hear this.

"A brother!" Rainbow Dash asked.

"A brother?" Fluttershy did ask as well.

"Apparently, it is the case." Twilight replied. "But I was unable to catch his name."

"What did he look like?" Fluttershy asked eagerly.

"He almost looked like Fluttershy only with a short red mane."

"If Fluttershy can find him, then this whole thing can be solved." Rainbow Dash said. Fluttershy got some satisfaction from what she heard. "But where in the world is she going to start?" Then at that moment, Big Macintosh came in the library.

"Yo." Big Mac simply greeted. The three mares turned to the stallion. Fluttershy blushed. "Do any of you have any travel books?"

"You are going on a trip?" Twilight asked.

"Eyep."

"Where to?"

"The Glasa Isles. A pen pal of mine by the name of Dearga had invited me over to his house. We were to meet up in the town of Seamrog."

"The Glasa Isle, huh?" Twilight was in thought. "I heard that is never snows there."

"Never snows?" Rainbow asked. "That's stupid. How does it go without snow?"

"I'm thinking because of the climate."

"I won't be going alone." Big Macintosh added. "Applejack was coming to help expand the fame of Sweet Apple Acres. I want to ask Fluttershy, if she wants to come.

With Fluttershy not knowing her family past and her feeling for Big Macintosh, she decided to go with him to get to know him more and to help find her past. She left with Big Mac and Applejack the next day. One of Pinkie's friends by the name of Sea Swirl would help take Fluttershy's place while she was gone. So, Fluttershy can find her way…