• Published 21st Nov 2014
  • 242 Views, 5 Comments

Hawke In Equestria - Fanskapet



We all know what happened at the end of Dual Strike, Hawke used the chair and disappeared, but what if he turned up somewhere else due to the massive energy released?

  • ...
 5
 242

Chapter 5 Live and Well

He laid there alone with nothing but his thoughts, this was real and not only had he survived the war, he had entered a whole other universe it seemed, where ponies where the dominant species yet they live in houses like humans, looking around the room at the last thought wondering how a house like this was built with hooves, leaning over the bed slightly to look at the box of his stuff, wondering if he could even wear clothes, suddenly glad he had a dull grey charcoal coloration and not the colorfull purple of that Twilight Sparkle, if only Lash could se him now.

”Lash..” He said aloud, suddenly worried what might have happened to her, did she survive the war? If so what would happen to her? Would she escape with the remnants of their army? Or would she be caught and sentenced for war crimes by the allied nations.

Shaking his head trying to dispell the thought, of course they wouldn’t sentence a young girl, but they might use her for new inventions, if the war was even over after disposing Von Bolt, what will happen to the world? What would actually happen to himself? After all these years in the army what would he do now? Maybe he could ask Applejack if they need another worker, atleast until he can find something more fitting for himself.

”Uhm lunch will be a bit delayed, since it seem some young filly has not done their chores it seems, so ah will go and quickly buy some foodstuff, do ya have any requests?” Applejack asked knocking quickly on the door frame to get his attention, startling him and causing him to snap his head towards the sound.

”Requests? Hmm well anything with garlic or regular onions.” he said, hating himself for letting her sneak up on him, sitting himself up to look a her, thinking on it for a moment, giving her a nod, suddenly holding up his hoof stopping her from closing the door after her.

”Do you have coffee?”

”Uh no but ah can buy some.” She answered, blinking a bit at the odd request as she held the door.

”I would appreciate that.” Hawke nodded back, a bit surprised as he did not expect a yes but rather a what is coffee.

”Well see ya in about a half hour.” Applejack smiled as she closed the door after her leaving him once again to his own thoughts.

Releasing a small sigh as he closed his eyes and laid his head back onto the pillow, listening to the hoof steps disappearing, wondering what kind of produce this farm was growing surely there would be no animal holdings, maybe just focused on hay?

Letting his thoughts wander wild in his head what exactly this world could be, would there be a horse president or some kind of horse queen? Do these horses wear clothes? Other than hats? Unsure how long he just laid there and thought about every mundane question he could come up with regarding this world or universe he had ended up in, only getting interrupted as he perked his ears hearing some scraping sound outside the nearby window, opening his eyes managing to get a small glimpse of something looking like multicolored strands of hair hanging from above the top of the window, narrowing his eyes at the sight as the hair looked like it got pulled up quickly out of sight.

He kept watching the window for a moment, eventually losing interest seeing no more movement he wrote it off as just an odd colored animal having its next right above the window, turning his eyes downwards to the old wooden floor and then to his hooves, considering for a moment to stay in bed, tossing off the blanket and slowly getting down on all four and slowly taking a few awkward steps, a bit unused to walking on all four but it is just another challenge he must overcome, straightening up and walking over to the window satisfied with himself only stumbling once or twice but eventually getting used to it going back and forth between the bed and window only stopping when he felt confident enough to walk normally.

”Hello anypony home?” He suddenly heard someone shout from downstairs.

”Applejack are you home?”

Not wanting to be caught out of bed, he tried to as silent as he could walk over the wooden floor and laying down on the bed, just barely getting the blanket over him as the door opened and an old looking unicorn stallion wearing a bit too big monocle peeked inside meeting his eyes.

”Oh hello there are you the.. patient?” He asked blinking in surprise at seeing Hawke.

”I am the one who fell through the roof yes.” Hawke nodded meeting the old stallions eyes.

”Ah thought it was applejack walking around here, anyway shall we begin then?” the old one mumbled adjusting the monocle and leaning in over Hawke.

”You are the doctor?” He asked giving him a skeptical look cocking his head a bit to the side.

”Weren’t you supposed to come by later?”

”Yes well I am not the doctor, I am a doctor, retired doctor actually but the green flu is raging so I got called in to cover for nurse Redheart and some doctor i do not remember his name of.” He said, as he put down a worn and patched doctors bag next to the bed and fidgeting with his monocle as he looked Hawke over again.

”Looking good so far at least, now lay as flat as you can on your back and try not to move.”

”Like this?” Hawke asked, as he put the pillow away to lie flat against the bed and pulled the blanket off him.

”Good! Now this may feel a bit uncomfortable but it’s just a simple x-ray spell.” The doctor smiled, lighting up his horn into an odd blend of white and black light upon Hawkes body, letting it slowly wander from the top of his skull to his chest.

”Hmm this is......no no everything is okay, only some bruises so far....no internal bleeding....no broken bones, how high up did you fall?”

”I don’t know, I was unconscious at the time but i guess the throne somehow protected me.” Hawke shrugged, looking as best as he could at his own x-ray in real time.

”The throne? It was a teleportation mishap?” The doctor asked, raising an eyebrow and pausing his spell for a moment to meet his eyes, quickly squeezing the eyebrow down again as he almost dropped his monocle.

“Yes, it was an…. uncomfortable experience to say the least.” Hawke sighed, sitting up a bit so he could speak to the doctor better.

“Well that explains the oddities I saw with my spell, nono no need to worry it probably just some leftover residue from your teleportation not something I would worry about, buuut if you get any problems or feeling weird you should seek medical help.” The doctor begun, quickly sitting down and waving his hooves to stop Hawke from speaking any worried questions that was about to come from him, scratching his chin a bit as his eyes fell upon the bottle of pills on the nightstand, standing up and reaching out a hoof towards it.

“Please don’t touch those, they are mine.” Hawke said, as the old stallion picked it up in his hoof.

“Oh apologies I thought it was granny Smiths, it is almost time for a refill for her and the medicine is to be changed.” He smiled apologetically, putting it back down after eyeing it for a moment.

“Looks like a child wrote something on it, got some little bundle of joy awaiting you back home?”

“I- no just someo ah pony, somepony I knew.” Hawke said catching himself, hoping the old doctor wouldn’t react to it.

“Ah once again I apologize did not mean to bring back some bad memories.” He frowned a bit scratching his neck.

“It is fine, it isn’t like she is dead only far far away.” Hawke waved it away with his hoof.

“Thank Celestia, I got worried there a bit, you have to excuse this old bag of bones sometimes I talk too much.” He sighed, relaxing a bit his posture again happy to hear he hadn’t made their little talk awkward, tilting his head slightly and listening in to something before he continued.

“Oh I think I heard the door.”

“I go tell her the news, you just stay here and be healthy it’s almost time for my shift anyway.” The doctor winked as he walked out through the door and closing it after him.

“Well guess that’s it then.” Hawke said to himself, sitting himself up seeing no point in either going downstairs until the lunch was ready or laying back down, he had already wasted enough time laying around, leaning over the edge of the bed a bit to glance at box of his stuff, looking over at the door for a moment before stepping down from the bed and rummaging through it taking out his clothes and clumsily getting dressed as best as he could with his hooves, only pausing as he reached his boots seeing them warped into what he could only call hoofboots now, holding them up so he could get a better look before placing them down, wondering how he would manage to put them on, looking up at his own horn wondering if he could use the same kind of grasping magic with his horn.

“Hawke are ya up?” Applejack asked, as she knocked on the door, opening it and continued to talk only to stop in surprise as he stood beside the bed with everything but the heavy trenchcoat and the hoofboots.

“Jus’ wanted to s-oh yer clothed?”

“Yes I thought I would try and eat in the dinner room.”

“Well it aint one of them fine diners where ya need to suit up, also ah could just bring it up here if ya want.” She smiled at him being fully dressed only to eat lunch.

“….It may be uncommon to be clothed here in..” Hawke said looking down at himself and motioning a hoof at his clothes,

“Equestria?” Applejack filled in.

“Yes Equestria, where I am from it is quite…uncouth to walk around ….naked.” He said looking up at her hat and then at herself.

“Oh yer makin’ me feel a bit exposed here and…” She said, looking down at herself and scratching her neck with a hoof, pausing as he straightened up to his full length and letting go of the hoofboots to walk over to her, glancing past him as she saw rainbow dash leaning down from above the top of the window to wink at her.

“Uh anyway soups done, ah made some onion soup with a few apple slices.”

“And the coffee?” He asked, as she didn’t mention it.

“Ah yes the coffee, sadly they were out regular coffee and had only the fancy stuff which was a bit steep in price.” She said giving him an apologetic shrug hoping he would understand her decision.

“Disappointing, but I understand.” He sighed, motioning a hoof towards the hall.

“Please lead on, ladies first.”