• Published 4th Nov 2014
  • 1,040 Views, 2 Comments

Nightmare Rarity "Reigns" - UltraCrow



Twilight and her friends arrive on the moon to defeat the Nightmare forces and rescue Rarity, but it was too late as now Rarity has become Nightmare Rarity. She scatters all five of them across the Equestrian world. Now they must find their way back.

  • ...
2
 2
 1,040

"Reigns: Genesis" - Part 2

Author's Note:

Hello, only a few notes to cover.

If you seemed confused on the geo location of places that have been disused take a look at Vikonaut’s interpretation of the world of Equestria (vikonaut.deviantart.com) as it will be the basis of this story when it comes to landmarks and locations, I do understand that Vikonaut’s map differs from the “official” map of MLP, but the “official” map still leaves something to be desired when it comes lands outside the land of Equestria.

Also pick up MLP:FiM Comic’s issues 5 through 8, as those issues cover the original Nightmare Rarity’s story arc.

Once again, thank for you interest in the story. You are more than welcome to contact me at several social links.

Twitter: @UltrixCrow
Facebook: /ernestz
DA: ultrixcrow.deviantart.com
Inkbunny: UltraSonic

Enjoy.

“Reigns: Genesis” - Part 2

Story Author & Concept by Ernest “Ultra” Zamora, Jr
Original MLP:FiM Comic: “Nightmare Rarity” Story Arc by Heather Nuhfer



Where we lay our scene: The Nightmare Forces, lead by King Spike; and the State of Camelu Army, lead by the Camel bull Abisali, quickly made their dominance in the lands of Camelu. They turned their attention to the peaceful democratic land of Cervidas. Crossing the Emberbrace Mountains, they must take several villages before they arrive at the capital city of Concordia. King Spike has been anxious to quickly be done with his duties on the Equestrian world and return to his Queen, Nightmare Rarity.

At the outskirts of the Emberbace Mountains.

Spike and Shadowfright moved next to a campfire that had been lit by the State of Camelu on the edge of a lake that was just over shadowing the border of Cervidas and the Emberbrace Mountains. Spike sat down on a chopped log in front of the fire with a cup in his hand, Shadowfright hovering beside him. Spike and Shadowfright looked at a distance, State of Camelu Army had already crossed the Concordia border, only a hand few had remained containing several hundred ponies who have been captured and chained, some with their heads laid low as others cried and sobbed being captive. Some mourned for a lost loved one that was forcibly taken from them or perhaps being separated from the village or town they once lived in.

“Its amazing isn't it?” Spike said as he looked.

“What's that my King?” Shadowfright replied.

“How gullible civilian ponies can be.” Spike said taking a sip of his hard cider.

“What do you mean by that sire?”

“No matter how devoted or strong willed ponies are, they can easily be broken and submissive. As we have seen with the ponies at Camelu, it took only 2 moon cycles to break their will. Most of them just gave up, others however...” Spike snickered. “They’d preferred to live in the afterlife, which we happily obliged to do.”

“What do you think of ponies of Cervidas?” asked Shadowfright

“Nothing.” Spike replied quickly. “They will either live the rest of their days in slavery under our rule, or they will die. It’s as simple as that.”

“But wouldn't they be slaves under the State of Camelu?”

“Nonsense, the State of Camelu is simply doing our work.” Spike taking another sip of the hard cider. “Under our Queens direction, all civilians in this world are under her command. The State of Camelu is merely volunteering to shepherd the ponies for us. Our queen does not care about the pride of the State of Camelu, nor the lands they want to conquer, as long as they all know that she is the supreme Queen of the Equestrian world.”

“My King.” said Abisali as he walked up to Spike and Shadowfright.

“Yes Abisali?” Spike said.

“We have begun our attack on the land of Concordia. With the help of the Nightmare Forces we have taken their defenses down and we have already taken several villages.”

“I see, let us move forward then.” Spike stood up and made his way to the border.


Later...

Spike, Shadowfright, and Abisal had arrived at a village which had already been seized. Several dozen ponies have been already chained and made to walked among the bodies of their loved ones who didn't want to be enslaved, crying and sobbing as they made their way.

“General Abisal!” called out a Camelu soldier as he saluted.

“Yes, Sergeant?”” Abisal saluting back.

“We’ve made great progress in taking this village and the next, we have found several homes outside of this particular village and we are currently working through them. We are taking the ones who surrender and killing the ones who will not, just as ordered.”

“Good work!” Abisal gleamed.

Spike smiled as he crossed his arms. “It shouldn't be too long now before you take the capital, Abisal?

“Yes, my King. It should not take long. Once we take the capital, all of Cervidas will fall.” Abisal replied.

Spike grinned. “The sooner you take Concordia, the quicker I can take care of other matters and be with my Queen.”

Just before Abisal could reply a loud shout came from a distance.

“Sergeant! Sergeant!” a private soldier came up running to them out of breath.

“Yes? What is it?” the sergeant turning to face the private

The private camel panted as he tried to catch his breath. “Sir, *pant* a civilian pony has taken five of our patrol of seven, just outside this village.”

“What!?” called out Abisal overhearing the conversation.

“Sir!” the private saluting the general. “Just outside this village we captured two ponies, they were unwilling to cooperate so we did as we were instructed to do with unwilling ponies.” the private finally getting his breath.

“Just as we were about to leave, we spotted a pony in the woods.” the private continued. “We were able to wound him, but he took five out of our patrol just before he retreated into the wilderness.”

“Impossible!” Abisal turned to Spike and Shadowfright “I thought the Nightmare Forces were impenetrable!”
Spike growled, unamused at Abisal “The Nightmare Forces alone are impenetrable. You forget that the Nightmare Forces have only possessed and enforced your Camelu army; however the Camelu are still mortal in the flesh and the Nightmare Forces are not healers, Abisal!”

Livid, Abisal turned to his sergeant. “I want all available units, I want him found and captured alive!” The general Camelu commanded, both the sergeant and the private clicked their heels and saluted.

“Yes, Sir!” they both said in unison.

Just before they turned a voice spoke out.

“Disregard that command!!” Yelled Spike.

Abisal, the sergeant, and private shocked looked back at Spike.

Abisal still angrily livid yelled out to Spike. “What did you say!?”

Spike calmly walked up beside Abisal with his arms still crossed, but a deep dragon growl could be heard as he glared at Abisal.

Abisal remembering his position quickly lowered his head as Spike still looked at him.

“Don’t you ever.... ever! Speak to me in that way again.” Spike’s voice snarling. “Do you understand me?”

“Yes, my King!” Abisal quickly replied.

Spike turned his attention to the sergeant and the private who stood not only in shock but in nerviness as well.

“As I said, disregard that command. The Nightmare Forces will not be used in a wild goose chase to hunt down just one pony; as you said, he is wounded, he will not survive for long in the wilderness.” Spike glaring at the two solders. “Continue as planned. March forward to Concordia. Is there any questions?”

“No, Sir!” both of them said.

“Very well. Dismissed.”

Both soldiers hurried back to their command and patrol. Spike set his eyes back on Abisal who had kept his head lowered. Spike put his hand under Abisal’s chin and raised his head at level with him.

“One pony is no matter for me.” Spike snarled. “If you wish to seek out any escaped pony, do it at your own expense and time. Is that clear?”

Abisal looked into the angry dragons eyes as he softly trembled “Yes, absolutely clear my King.”
Spike smirked as he let go of Abisal. “Leave us.” Spike commanded.

Abisal bowed before Spike as he quickly and quietly left.

Shadowfright amused by what he saw, watching his King command the Camelu.

“Very well done, sire!” Spoke Shadowfright

Spike turned and walked back and stood beside Shadowfright with a grin.

“I assume you had some doubt about me Shadowfright?” Spike said with a snickering grin. “I’m no longer that little dragon that you once saw.”

“Without a doubt, sire. The Queen would be most pleased!”

Spike smiled as he looked forward, the Camelu had already organized and began making their way to capital.



The sounds of ponies and impalas screaming and the cries of pain echoed through the capital as smoke and fire billowed from buildings. The main capitol building had already been set on fire a moon cycle before, all was left was charred remains of the building and burned pony and impala bodies scattered among the grounds. Abisal, smiled in delight as several of his officers were chanting and celebrated as the capital fell.

Spike and Shadowfright kept a distance as they watched the Camelu celebrate.

“Hmph, It seems our work here is finished Shadowfright. Go to the Hooviet Union, tell them I’ll be arriving shortly.”

“Yes sire!” Shadowfright acknowledged, as a swirl of black forces surrounded and covered him; just as the forced had completely covered Shadowfright they slowly dissipated and fell apart revealing nothing where Shadowfright once hovered.


Abisal made his way through the crowed and knelt before Spike.

“My King.” said Abisal.

“Yes?”

“We have fully captured the capital, the land of Cervidas is now ours.”

“Well done. Now, I have other things to take care of Abisal.”

“Thank you my King.”

Spike smiled as black forces began to swirl around him and engulfed him.

Abisal lowered his head as the forces peaked and then began to dissipate revealing Spikes disappearance.

There was a cold chill that ran through Abisal as he stood up.

“General.” a sergeant saluting

“Yes?” Abisal turning to face the sergeant as he saluted back.

“The reports are coming in, 40% of the general populous has been captured. While 50% have been reported dead. 10% still haven't been found or in hiding, sir.”

“Alright, take several groups and be begin searching for the ones in hiding. The our King has now moved on to other things.”

“Yes, Sir.” the sergeant saluting as he made his way back to his group.



The black forces slowly cleared his vision to reveal several legions of pony troops marching below the perch of the capitol building he was transported to, among the pony troops were tanks and ammunition trucks. This land had been much more technologically advanced than most lands he’s seen, then again Communist lands always looked to advance its government at the civilians expense.

“Welcome, Sire.” Shadowfright said as he glided beside Spikes side.

“Seems that the Hooviet Union has already began mobilizing?” asked Spike

“Indeed they have sire, they are much more organized than the State of Camelu’s dictatorship.”

“Well, that should make for a quick return to Dreamscape Castle, don’t you think?”

“Absolutely, sire.”

“Come, let us meet the chairman of this land.” Spike turned around as he walked inside the capitol building.


Moments later...

“Sire, this is Rusev.” Shadowfright said as a large red pony walked up taking off his ushanka and kneeling before Spike.

“My King!” Rusev proclaimed as he stood back up. “It is an honor to have your presence in our land. How is the Queen?”

“The Queen is in good spirits, especially since you are willing to make an alliance.”

“Yes sire, we are more than proud to serve under you and her majesty!”

“I’ve come to understand you wish to invade several lands outside your island?”

“You are correct, we need several materials in order for us to continue are technical advances.”

Spike nodded. “You are more than free to take the lands you wish, however, there are several commands that your queen demands.” Said as he crossed his arms. “One, no pony shall be free, all must be found and used at your will. Anypony who refuses shall not live, is that clear?”

“Absolutely sire.” Rusev replied.

“Second, the land of Equestria is off limits.”

Rusev took this by surprise. “Sire, if I may, the land of Equestria has several materials that we require. They have had an trade embargo with us for years!”

Spike growled. “I do not like to repeat myself Rusev! The land of Equestria will remain off limits.”

Rusev bowed his head. “Yes, Sire.”

“I trust that you don't need the help of the Nightmare Forces?”

“No, we Hooviet’s are a proud ponykind. We do not ask for assistance.”

Spike scoffed softly as he turned to Shadowfright, remembering their conversion back at the land of Camelu.

“Very well.” Spike turning back toward Rusev. “You have the Queen’s blessing to carry on.”

“Thank you Sire!” Rusev kneeling before Spike just before he left.

Shadowfright hovered beside his King,

“A proud ponykind?” Shadowfright questioned.

“As I said before Shadowfright, gullible and submissive.” Spike snickered as he turned around and walked back to the perch of the capitol building. “Come, my Queen is waiting.” Spike said as the black forces began to swirl around him once more.

Back at Dreamscape Castle throne room...

The black forces slowly dissipated as Spike kept his head down kneeling. “My Queen, I have re-” without notice he was pounced on being knocked on to his back.

“Oh My Spikey!” Nightmare Rarity said as she stood on top of him. “Mmmm, I’ve missed you.” nuzzling his neck and cheek.

“Ah-hem!”

Both Spike and Nightmare Rarity turned to see Shadowfright beside them, just arriving.

“Oh, Shadowfright!” She said hopping off Spike with a slight blush on her face.

“So, how was your trip?” She asked Shadowfright as she helped Spike to his feet.

“Magnificent your majesty. Our King did an excellent job. We were able to make our conquest presence known in just 5 moon cycles.”

Nightmare Rarity gleamed as her eyes looked at Spike. Spike looked back as her with a smiling grin.

“Well done Spike! You have certainly pleased me on more ways than one.” She said returning the smiling grin.

Shadowfright couldn't help but to feel a bit awkward as he faked a cough again.

“Ahem, my Queen, I must take care of some matters, the Nightmare forces have begun to arrive back.”

“Yes Shadowfright, please, I think I have the ‘special’ something in store or our King”

Shadowfright bowed as he made his way out of the throne room, closing the door behind him.

“But first...” She said placing her hoof on Spikes chest.

“...I’d have to get you off this armor.”

End of Part 2