• Published 10th Oct 2014
  • 388 Views, 1 Comments

Blast From the Past - Xia_Xia



When Celestia overthrows the hierarchy of Alicorns, will only one set of Elements be enough to stop the mad monarch?

  • ...
 1
 388

Chapter One- All is Well

All is well in Equestria. The Changelings have been subdued for good, Discord has proved his allegiance the the Monarchy time again, and the Crystal ponies have entered their first 'golden age' since the fall of Sombra.

Twilight, and everyone else, knew times were well, and she and the Elements took advantage of this. Not having to gallavant across the lands every week to solve a new dilemma, Twilight and the others used this newfound peace to focus on smaller problems, much like-

''Do I want pumpkin pie, or cherry pie?'' Pinkie Pie looked over the snacks table, spread across the rear ground of Canterlot at the Galloping Gala. She stared down the two treats in front of her, her mouth watering slightly. ''I KNOW!'' she shouted, all too enthusiastic, and trotted right over the the rhubarb pie instead. Taking one of the pieces, she made her way back the the small congregation of friends awaiting her. Upon arriving, Twilight cleared her throat, and spoke.

''Girls, tonight's Gala was held on this date, in remembrance of a very important occasion. One that we, nor the ponies of Equestria shall soon forget. Tonight, marks the ten year anniversary of one of the most powerful friendships of all time. Ours!'' Her voiced slightly raised at the end, her excitedness increasing both vocally, and physically, as she let out a broad smile, levitating a cup of punch the each of the other colorful mares surrounding her. They drank deeply, savoring each fruity drop like it would be their last. In unison, as if the motion was rehearsed, they all brought themselves in for a group hug.

Looking through one of the clearer segments of the ornate stained glass windows in the throne room, Celestia let her face stretch into a smile.'It's nearly time,' she thought. For this years Gala, she and Luna had planned a special event. A complete and total eclipse. She got up from her throne, and cantered across the marble floor, Luna falling into suit.

''Are you ready, sister?'' The pale blue Alicorn spoke quetly.

''Nearly,'' she replied, ''I must first give a very special speech, you have not forgotten what tonight denotes have you, dear sister?'' She turned her head, and looked at Luna, her face contorted in concentration.

''Oh!'' Her face lit up instantly, remembering the importance of the night. ''Yes, I eagerly await for when we can begin!'' she strolled with Celestia across the grounds, rich and poor ponies alike gawking at the regal pair before them. The pools of water reflected the fireworks constantly booming over the fields, the hedges bustling with activity from the local creatures, kept up but not entirely annoyed at the extravaganza about them.

Celestia stepped onto the podium at the head of the festivities, and cleared her throat. She smiled at the eager and awed ponies in the throng and began to speak. ''Greeting, Equestrians everywhere! I welcome you, whether be you from Los Pegasus, Appleloosa, Ponyville, right here in Canterlot, or any other corner of this country!'' The ponies stomped their hooves, electrifying the air. ''Tonight, a celebration, the Gala is a time for happiness, for sharing, and now, on this very special night, of harmony! Tonight, marks ten whole years, since the meeting of the Elements we know, and love today!''

From the back of the crowd, Twilight looked at her friends, an exhilirated expression on her face. . ‘‘That’s us!’’ Rarity exclaimed. Fluttershy looked down at the cobbled ground, clearly embarrassed by all the stairs the group was receiving from the crowd around them. The princess continued-

‘’For ten years, these girls have protected us, stood with us with the smallest, and through it all, they have stood as our friends.’’ The Princess looked at them, making eye-contact with all six in turn. ‘’To you, I offer my gratitude, Equestria’s gratitude, and the highest honor that I can provide. Twilight Sparkle!’’ The lanterns in the garden turned purple. ‘’Rarity!’’ White. ‘’Pinkie Pie!’’ Pink. ‘’Rainbow Dash!’’ Blue. ‘’Fluttershy!’’ Yellow. ‘’Applejack!’’ Orange. ‘’Elements, come here, stand with me!’’ The lanterns exploded into a flurry of the six colors, swirling, casting a rainbow of light over the crowd. The throng cleared a direct path to the Princess, and the girls began to move through it.

Upon arrival, the royal spoke once more. ‘’On this very special occasion, I would like to introduce a new honor. The Mark of Friendship! To demonstrate friendship, one must show kindness, loyalty, honesty, laughter, generosity, and magic. You six have represented the strongest of bonds that a friendship can achieve, and for that, we thank you.’’ An extremely early dawn crept across the horizon behind the podium. The sun climbed high in the air, illuminating the sky and stars, until it was behind the moon, and began an eclipse.