• Published 25th Sep 2014
  • 991 Views, 38 Comments

Zero Room - FiveyWhooves



While stopping by in Ponyville, the Doctor and Ditzy get a surprise visit from someone, or now, somepony from the past. But is the Doctor all that is in trouble, or is it something deeper?

  • ...
2
 38
 991

Three Strangers in Ditzy's Kitchen

"What is it, mom?" asked Amethyst as she sat back with Dinky under the dusty table. Ditzy was as close to the strange object as she wanted to be, however, it was hard to tell what the thing actually was!

"I...have no idea," she said, still in disbelief a column was in her kitchen. "It looks like it's made of stone." Ditzy brought her hoof to the object and knocked her hoof against it, and unexpectedly, it echoed throughout the pillar.

"Whoa, it's hollow!" Ditzy exclaimed. "And it doesn't seem to be made of stone at all!"

"What does that mean?" asked Dinky.

"I don't know, but I've seen strange things before traveling with the Doctor, and this may be one of them."

"Or it's Discord pranking us...again," said Amethyst dubiously.

"Maybe it's a box-ship like Doctor's!" Dinky guessed.

"It's a cylinder," Amethyst stated.

"Um, okay....cyl-cylendarrr-" Dinky tried to pronounce.

"I don't think so, " Ditzy said. "But it did make a similar sound to the TARDIS...still, it can't be...the Doctor's the only one to even have a TARDIS anymore...right? I mean, this could be another strange ship that kinda sounds like it."

"I'm still going with the prank thing," Amethyst concluded. "Discord knows about the Doctor, and what else is more random than a pillar in our house?" Just as she said the statement, the object groaned slightly. A rectangular cut appeared on the outside, smoke escaping from the crevices. Ditzy jumped back as the rectangle slid back into the pillar like a slide door. She huddled next to her kids. The door stuck, and for a moment, there was a black entrance to the pillar. The three ponies were speechless at one end, but also silent in fear, worried that something dangerous would come out to get them...

Celery.

"I spoke too soon," muttered Amethyst quietly. There, from the capsule, was an orange hoof holding a stick of celery.

"What?" said Ditzy under her breath. The hoof went back into the pillar.

"I think the air is safe," said a hushed stallion's voice from in the darkness.

"Obviously," said another hushed voice, this time, a mare. "We've already been breathing it for a few seconds without turning purple."

"Well, better it be the celery than you," said the first voice.

"Will both of you stop it?" said a third voice, one much younger.

"Why are we whispering in the first place?" asked the mare's voice.

"I...don't know," replied the voice of the stallion. Under the table, Dinky tugged at Ditzy's mane.

"Momma, who are those pon-"

"Sh," shushed Ditzy. "I don't know, muffin."

"Should we run?" whispered Amethyst.

"Just a second," replied Ditzy. She was interested in as to what and who crashed through her house, as always having her curious mind open to the world. However, the mother still kept her children back as best she could.

"Do you think it's a good idea to see what's out there?" asked the young voice.

"I'm still not sure," replied the stallion's voice. "You never know what you may encounter on an uncharted planet. There could be giant spiders out there for all we know."

"There's such a planet?!" said the mare's voice, echoing in the pillar's interior.

"Unfortunately, yes. However, now that we've sat in this dusty TARDIS bantering for so long-" Ditzy's ear's perked at the word TARDIS "-I'm actually feeling the want to go outside and take a look around."

"Did he say...what I thought he said?" said Amethyst under her breath.

"I told you so," whispered Dinky.

"But...that's impossible," breathed Ditzy. A bunch of muffling sounds starting coming up from the inside of the pillar, or strangely as the mares were informed, the TARDIS.

"Back up, I think something's coming out," said Ditzy, shielding her daughters with her wings. The three of them scoot back further under the table, their eyes fixed on the open door. They waited.

"It's a little difficult walking around with this size change," grumbled the stallion's voice, which seemed to be coming closer. Suddenly there was a bump! and the next thing that Ditzy, Dinky, and Amethyst knew, a pile of beige and white fabrics was tumbling out of the pillar and in front of their faces. When it stopped, Dinky was eye-level with the stallion stranger.

"Oh...hello..." said the stallion awkwardly as he just realized he was in front of other creatures. Dinky just screamed.

"Get away get away get away!" she squealed as she stomped her hoof down and bopped the stallion on the nose. He winced as Ditzy pushed her children back and came muzzle-to-muzzle with the strange pony.

"Who are you?!" she demanded, her voice with a little more force since she had been nothing but unsure for the past few minutes until the random pony suddenly appeared. The stallion's eyes popped open again in sudden fright.

"Wh-a-a-a-no! I'm not an imposter with malicious intent, I swear!" said the stallion nervously as he pushed himself back with his front hooves. "Just a traveler, that's all!" He attempted to stand quickly but instead hit the table. A white and red-banded hat he was wearing on his blonde head smashed over the top of his face. "Ack!"

"How'd you get in my house? What are you doing here?" Ditzy kept questioning. The stallion only sat on the floor rubbing his head.

"Enough with the questions, just let me recuperate for a minute!" he said hurriedly. "Unfortunately I'm trying to figure out the same answers as well, but blabbering right in front of me in a difficult situation as this may not exactly help our predicament."

"Doctor!" A voice suddenly called out from the open pillar. It was the mare's voice. Ditzy froze the moment the word hit her ears, and just afterward, two more ponies emerged from the capsule. One was the mare who spoke, an earth-pony who had clothes draped over her the same color as her coat. The other was a younger mare, not by a lot, but noticeably. She, too, had clothes bagged around her body, but different from the mare she was a unicorn. Ditzy didn't know what to think. Her head hurt from confusion.

"Are you all right?" the young mare asked the stallion as she approached him. The other mare just stared at Ditzy and her daughters.

"What's going on?" she breathed, her eyes widened in disbelief as much as Ditzy's. The stallion on the floor sat up, finally able to pry the hat off his head. His mane went everywhere.

"Can we all just stop asking questions that can be answered through simple and formal introduction?" he suggested, his voice cracking a little from the tiredness that overtook it. He then suddenly looked up and smoothed his mane down.

The ponies in the room sat quietly, the mare staring at Ditzy, Ditzy at the stallion, the daughters at the strangers, the younger mare at the stallion as well, waiting for him to speak. None of them knew how to start.

"Well then," the stallion said, looking awkwardly at all the silent ponies before turning to Ditzy. He then said the most bizarre thing that the pegasus mother would ever hear, even though she had heard the words before. And just as he outstretched a hoof and smiled courteously...

"Hello, I'm the Doctor."