• Published 25th Aug 2014
  • 1,202 Views, 10 Comments

As Hearts Harden - Autumn_Fire



Something is very amiss and it could lead to the loss of a pony

  • ...
5
 10
 1,202

Broken Pieces

A loud scream rang throughout Ponyville like a hot knife through butter. It could be heard all the way out in Sweet Apple Acres and it made Applejack's blood run cold as ice and her heart skip a beat. She jumped straight out of her bed to see where such a terrible scream had come from. She could see Fluttershy flying full speed toward Ponyville and she decided to follow suit. When she arrived she saw both Rarity and Pinkie Pie were there as well.

"Did y'all here that?" Applejack asked

"Most certainly." Rarity said with a shiver

"Yeah.. it was quite terrifying.." Fluttershy said timidly

"Who do you think screamed such a horrible scream?" Pinkie asked in a quick manner

"I'm not sure. But it sounded like it came from the Golden Oak Library." Fluttershy said

"Do y'all mean to say that Twi is in trouble!? We need to hurry it up then! Let's get a move on!" Applejack said and they all dashed towards Twilight's house.

When they arrived the door was unlocked and there was only a single candle lit.

"This is bad... this is very very bad..." Fluttershy said anxiously

Applejack rushed straight in to investigate and her mouth fell agape.

"Applejack?" Rarity asked concerned "What in the name of Celestia has gotten into-"

Her words cut short when she saw Rainbow Dash on the floor completely unconscious and Twilight hanging by a rope from her neck. Dead. Rarity's eyes begin to fill with tears and she dipped her head, unable to speak. Applejack just stood their, completely stunned and unable to believe what her eyes were focusing on. Fluttershy remained outside, her fear getting the better of her. She had no idea that one of her best friends lay dead inside.

Applejack finally broke out of her trance and ran up to Twilight's body, using her strength to knock her down from the fan. Rarity remained a motionless crying heap, unable to speak or think clearly.

Applejack checked her friends neck for a pulse. It was silent and her body was colder than ice. Tears began to form in her eyes and splashed over her friends lifeless face.

"N... N-no... This... this couldn't be..." Applejack said to herself "She must still be alive... she... she has to be... this..."

Applejack then broke into uncontrollable sobs, cursing the heavens for taking such a beautiful pony away from her. Fluttershy then began to creep slowly in. Her eyes immediately filled with tears of sheer pain.

After about an hour of this, Applejack slowly pulled Twilight atop her back. Rarity did the same of Rainbow Dash. Together they walked slowly to the hospital to see just what had happened.