• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 1,534 Views, 14 Comments

Home - moviefreak523



Lonely and dejected, The Great and Powerful Trixie retraces her steps back...Home.

  • ...
1
 14
 1,534

Second Thoughts

Chapter II: Second Thoughts

"Ma'am?"

The Great and Powerful Trixie looks away from the dark window and looks at the conductor, who is looking at her with a kind smile.

"We'll be arriving at our destination shortly."

"Oh, thank you," she said, returning a smile.

The conductor looks outside of the window, eyeing the falling snow that is getting heavier. "I sure hope those weather pelages know what they are doing."

The blue unicorn looks out and sees what he is talking about. "Well, as long as it isn't powerfully strong, they usually let it go. They do monitor it closely. Besides, I like the snow."

The conductor chuckled lightly. "Sounds to me that you live at the town."

"I used to."

"Visiting family?"

The Great and Powerful Trixie took in a deep breath, feeling her heart jumping harder in her chest. "Maybe."

The conductor gave her an understanding smile as he starts to return to his job. "Well, I'm sure they would be very happy to see you again." He walks away, getting ready to end the night.

The blue unicorn lets out a sigh and continues to watch the snow puffs grow bigger as she moves closer to home.

It was about ten minutes later when she could feel the train slowing to a stop. The conductor calls on the intercom, telling the small group of passengers that they have arrived at their last destination for the night and to have a Happy Hearth's Warmth Day. The Great and Powerful Trixie wonders if that would be the case for her.

The kind conductor gives her a good night, which she returns as she steps off the warm train and into the cold train station platform. The snow is dropping fast from outside of the roof of the platform with no sign of it lightening up. The Great and Powerful Trixie follows the passengers into the building, which she immediately recognized as the one that she left from three years earlier. She left with a lot of luggage, and she is returning with just a pink and white scarf around her neck.

She walks up to the door and opens it and a wave of nostalgia washes over her as she looks at the interior of the train station. It has not changed one bit. It is quiet, save for her hooves hitting the tiled floor. She walks past the empty benches where she sat, waiting for that train three years ago. She looks up and finds that same clock hanging from the ceiling, where she counted the minutes for the train to get to her on time without being caught. The clock tells her that it is quarter past eleven. Her family maybe sleeping right now.

Maybe she could see them tomorrow. She does not want to bother them this late at night. But, where can she sleep? She does not have enough money for a hotel room. She returns her looks over at the benches, which are starting to feel inviting to her. She was beginning to comply, but she stops, shaking her head violently as if to get the idea out of her head.

"No!" The Great and Powerful Trixie said to herself. "You've been gone for three years. You miss them like crazy. It's only reasonable that they would miss just as much. I mean, it's not like they are going to slam the door into your face after they look me in the eye and say that I'm no longer part of the family.

"Would they?"

Not feeling so confident, The Great and Powerful Trixie begins to turn to that bench until she sees her reflection in a mirror, who is looking back at her with eyes as if a stern mother is looking at her little filly as she impatiently taps her right front hoof.

"And, where do you think you're going?" the reflection demandingly asks.

"Um...to sleep?" The Great and Powerful Trixie weakly responds.

"Sleep? Where? Don't tell me on that stupid bench over there, where there is a warm, comfy bed waiting for you just down the street?"

"They probably empty that room out by now. I mean, what use is it to them if their shameful daughter is not there to use it?"

"Um, hello? Are you brain-dead or something? Of course they'll keep it there, all of it."

"And, how would you know?"

"Because they are my family, my parents. Ponies who will give me unconditional love, no matter how stupid I get. Especially after running away for three years just so I can rub ponys' faces in the dirt just to make me feel great and powerful."

"Well, it looks like you just named another reason why my family would hate me."

"Equestria to The Great and Powerful Trixie. Did it not go through? I said that they are ponies who will give me unconditional love. You know what 'unconditional' means, right?"

"...Without limitations."

"Correct."

"...But-"

"NO BUTS! Will they be disappointed? Sure. Angry? Possibly. Hate you? Geez, you've been reading way too much angst stories. 'Oh, no! I've stolen a piece of candy without paying for it. My parents will hate me, and disown me, and sell me into slavery!' Get over it!"

The Great and Powerful Trixie looks away, not knowing whether to be disappointed in herself or in her expectations of her family.

"Look," the reflection starts with a much calmer voice. "Sure, I'm not 100% sure on how our family would react when seeing me. Maybe your right, maybe they will kick you out before they will let you in. But, try to remember all the good memories that you had with them. Remember how much they love you, and how much you love them. You do love them, right?"

"I do!" The Great and Powerful Trixie screams, pushing the mirror with her hooves. "I really, really, really, really, really, really, really do!"

"Well, they love you just as much."

The blue unicorn's hooves drop down to the floor, where she starts to feel a little better from the small pep-talk that she is having. Her lips start to form a semblance of a smile.

"So, keep that in mind," the reflection says. "While the whole wide world of Equestria may hate you (which is kind of your fault) there will always be ponies who will love you, and continue to love you for who you are."

"An egotistical and narcissistic showmare?"

"Again, your fault for letting Equestria sees you like that. But, that isn't what your family sees you. Hay, that's not what this town sees you."

"But, they may have heard of what I've done."

"Again, they'll still love you."

The blue unicorn drops her head, letting all of what she was told sink into her head. It does not take long for her to start believing in what she just heard.

Letting in calm, deep breaths, The Great and Powerful Trixie looks up and sees herself in control of her reflection. After that little heart-to-heart talk to herself, she feels like she could go and face the two princesses herself (which would be highly inadvisable). With a nod of thanks to her reflection, The Great and Powerful Trixie turns straight for the front doors that will lead her to their hometown covered in snow.

Home.