• Published 5th Aug 2014
  • 930 Views, 6 Comments

Tiger Stripes - sunnypack



Luna zealously keeps a tiger plushie as she dozes through the day. Celestia gazes with exasperation but good humour. How did Luna come across the cute little doll? What's this game they've been playing for over 1000 years?

  • ...
2
 6
 930

2 - Year 0-1: Hidden Dragon

Luna was having a grand time with the peasantry conversing, laughing and playing with the locals. Celestia looked on disapprovingly.

“Luna, we think that is quite enough, appearances we doth need to keep,” Celestia stated, shifting uncomfortably on her hooves.

Many of the fillies and colts gathered around Luna groaned pitifully as Luna extricated herself from the throng.

“Oh subjects do not worry so! Mine sister is merely jealous of such adoration we receive,” she sniggered, joining her sister with wings unfurled. The adults accompanying the playful foals bowed low as the two diarchs left.

Luna smiled at her sister.

“You must relax dear sister, do not take things so seriously to thine heart,” she conferred, wrapping a wing around the elder sister’s shoulders.

“Such insecurity will only bear ill will in the long run,” Luna imparted with a sage expression.

Celestia finally smiled.

“If that is what thou art thinks, then what are we to argue?” she replied happily.

“That is thine spirit! Let us enjoy the wonders of the world and do not let the loss of your ponies weigh heavily on your mind, it will only sow disharmony and discord among our subjects,” Luna remarked, but stopped when she spotted Celestia who had paused behind.

“Please, Luna. Let us not speak of ill thoughts, I-we could not bear them at this time,” she replied, voice cracking.

Luna sympathetically drew her sister in the folds of her wings, giving a much-needed hug.

Celestia stiffened but then gratefully relaxed into the comforting embrace of her younger sister. She let out tears that for so long had been held in.

After two or three minutes she sheepishly disengaged.

“Ah, Luna, we feel that our role has been reversed. Please accept mine apologies for acts unbecoming of an elder sister,” she excused, eyeing the wet tearstains on Luna’s coat.

Luna glanced at the wet patch and laughed.

“Remember sister, though others may not say so, we are together who we are. Together we are rulers. Together we are thine companions. Together we are strong,” Luna grinned, stomping a hoof.

Celestia felt her heart warm and she suddenly broke into a gallop. Luckily the guards had been left behind and with no need to keep appearances, she let loose a wild laugh.

“If thou catch me, Luna. Thou will have mine dinner!” she yelled back at Luna.

They chased each other back to the castle and collapsed in a fit of hysterics.

Author's Note:

This chapter is mainly to set the emotional tone of the continuing series, as you can probably see there will be jumping around the timeline to the past and onward to the future in sections. One of the things I rarely see is an insecure and hopeless Celestia being comforted by a strong Luna. After Nightmare Moon this is something you would understandably expect, but what about before? Who had been the stronger sister? I really enjoyed exploring this during this chapter.

Fair warning, this story is a side project and the cover art is a placeholder until I feel something more suitable (preferably more adorable) can replace it. This indirectly might mean that there will be rare updates, sorry! Barring that, I will try and get some chapters stacked up before release and proofread them quickly before publishing so there's a good flow between stories. I also like to work on this when I'm slumped with my main.

The tiger plushie will make it's debut in the fourth chapter. Until then hang on tight and...

As always, thanks for reading!