• Published 28th Jul 2014
  • 653 Views, 11 Comments

Lost in Paradise - Lunar Splash



Six ponies wander through the woods, and find their own paradises. But one of them realizes that something isn't right about this... I listen to a lot of music by Evanescence, and this story is based off of their song, "Lost in Paradise.&qu

  • ...
 11
 653

Lost in Paradise

“I’ve been believing in something so distant, as if I was human.”

The pegasus walked along the stone path. She wasn’t sure where she was going, or why, for that matter. All she knew was that this path looked promising. So her hooves clopped along as she trotted away. There were trees everywhere, but, she just couldn’t remember how she’d gotten here. Not to mention that she didn’t exactly know what “here” was. It couldn’t be in the Everfree Forest. That place was full of timber wolves, pony eating plants, etc. But this forest was beautiful. There were birds singing, bees buzzing, flowers blooming. This place was happy. A bird landed on her shoulder, and begun to whistle a tune. The pony recognized this tune, and started to sing along.

“Zippity doo-da, zippity ay. My, oh my, what a wonderful day!” She sang, her soft voice growing loud.

“Plenty of sunshine comin’ my way! Zippity doo-da, zippity ay!” The bird on her shoulder puffed out his blue chest and whistled the tune, getting “into the music.”

“Mr.Blue bird’s on my shoulder. It’s the truth, it’s factual. Everything is satisfactual!” The pegasus and bird were a perfect duet, her notes matching with his notes perfectly.

“Zippity doo-da, zippity ay. My, oh my, what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine comin’ my way! Zippity doo-da, zippity ay!” They finished, and more birds begun to chirp. This was a nature-lover’s paradise! Little critters were scattered everywhere, and the fauna was lovely. The blue bird flew away as the trees begun to thin.

“And i’ve been denying this feeling of hopelessness. In me, in me.”

A mare was cantering across the stone path. This forest was dreadful! There were little rodents scattered everywhere, and the plants-just, no.They were everywhere. Somewhat beautiful, but just overtaking everything! The unicorn mare walked along the path, dodging all the plants and monstrosities around her, not wanting to let them ruin her coat.

No! You mustn’t lose hope. Remember, there is supposed to be a beautiful place across this forest. She thought, reassuring herself. The trees were thinning. She was finally reaching the end! The sunlight hit her face, and it felt amazing! A light breeze was blowing. A beautiful sandy beach was in front of her, the waves crashing in while foam.

“I told you! this was all worth it!” She said to herself, galloping to meet the waves. they swirled around her pristine hooves, pulling some sand from underneath. She giggled at the bubbles the sand crabs were making from their holes in the ground. A fish swam up to her, and she backed away. The fish quickly swam in a circle, then back out to sea. This was a paradise if she had ever seen one.

“All the promises I made, just to let you down. You believed in me, but I’m broken.”

I cain’t be lost! ‘Member the promise! The earth pony walked across a stone bridge, connected to the path she had been walking on. There had to be something here for her to find.

Why did I promise t’ accept any challenge giv’n t’ me? Insults to herself were buzzing in her head.

‘Cause she dared me. She dared me to do this right after I promised. A battle against herself was raging in her head. The critters around her backed away as she trotted by. They could tell she was not in any mood to be approached. A worm had the unlucky fate of being in her path and was nearly trampled by stomping hooves. The mare suddenly stopped. She recognized the type of worm that was. Those were apple worms. It seemed to have been following the path as well, so she galloped ahead. A smile stretched across her face as the familiar scent hit her nostrils.

The leaves on the ground changed colors and the mare slowed down. Looking around, she saw the biggest apple orchard she had ever seen. And the fruit the trees bore were huge and ripe. The apples were many different types. There were golden delicious, granny smith, red delicious, big macintosh, autumn gold, you named it, it was there. This was a farm pony’s paradise.

“As much as i’d like the past not to exist, it still does.”

Another pegasus flew across a stone path. She was blowing away the fog. It was her job, after all. She hated doing this. She’d much rather lounge around on a cloud but no! The other pony who was supposed to be taking care of the weather got sick with the feather flu, so she had to take care of it. The mare didn’t know if she had to blow the fog this far, but she still did it. Maybe she could get out of work by doing this. The fog was finally gone, but she had no clue where she was.

This is all that pony’s fault! If he hadn’t gotten sick, I wouldn’t be stuck in the middle of nowhere! The pony angrily thought, flying over the path. A cardinal tested her head, but quickly flew away after her hoof shot at it’s head.

“That’s right! You better fly away!” She shouted after the bird. No bird sits on her without getting the what-for it. Steam was practically fuming from her ears, she was that mad. The trees begun to thin around her and she could see clouds through the leaves. She shot through the canopy of foliage, wondering what was up here. Ahead, there was a huge cloud coliseum. She flew towards it and made it there in no time.

Inside the colosseum was a racing pony’s dream. There were hoops and obstacles laid out around the track. There were seats for fans to scream for the pony they liked best. She speed around the track, just to give it a little test. It was amazing! Talk about paradise! The mare thought, speeding around the course again.

“And as much as i’d like to feel that I belong here, i’m just as scared as you.”

The energetic mare hopped along a stony pathway. She had heard some sort of… music over here, in the forest. She decided to find out what it was. The birds seemed to be having a good time. They were flying around, doing tricks, and chirping. She giggled. These birds were being silly.

The music sounded really close now. A flash of pink appeared through a break of trees.

Wait! Trees aren’t pink! The mare thought as she backed up. Sure enough, there was something pink there. She came off the path to find what the pink object was. The music was coming from here! There was a huge pink tent, concealing whatever the music was coming from. She walked around and saw an entire amusement park!

There was cotton candy, sassparilla and billions more sugary sweets. And the rides, oh the rides! The pony quickly jumped in to a roller coaster cart and screamed once it got into action. She rode the haunted house ride and got the laugh of a lifetime. She played some of the games and picked out the prizes that she thought were the best.

“This place is the best place ever!” she shouted, not noticing that there wasn’t anypony to hear her shrieks of laughter.

“Alone, and lost in paradise.”

The alicorn walked down the path. She had never noticed this place before, so she came to investigate. She had been following this path for hours on end, and so far, had seen nothing.

This trip was worthless! She thought angrily. I can’t believe I came here just to trot around and do nothing! She turned around and walked down the path. As she continued, she saw something that wasn’t there before. A huge building stood ahead of her.

I must’ve accidentally taken a fork in the path without knowing it. Well… It wouldn’t hurt to investigate... She thought, trotting to the building. She knocked on the door.

“Hello?” She knocked again. “Anyone here?” Curious, she tested the doorknob. The door silently opened, and inside the building there were books everywhere. There must’ve been millions. She quickly pulled a spell book off the shelf beside her and flipped through it. Inside there was a spell that allowed a pony to see what was happening somewhere else. She quickly cast the spell, and saw her five friends.

The first one was singing away with the birds. The second was on the beach, designing something on a sketch pad. The third was racing her hearts content on a race track. The fourth was laying against a tree, eating an apple. And the fifth was playing a carnival game. Each of them was having the time of their lives, but all alone. The mare soon realized that this had happened to her too.

“We’re alone, and lost in our own paradises.” She mumbled.

Author's Note:

Recognize anyone? Well, just in case you don't, here are the names of the ponies, in order by section; Fluttershy, Rarity, Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle. Hope you enjoyed!