• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 1,362 Views, 10 Comments

The Very Sad Story of the Death of a Filly Named Diamond Tiara - Matthais Unidostres



This is the very sad story of the death of a filly named Diamond Taira. Based on the Red Door Ending from The Stanley Parable Half-Life 2 Mod.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,362

"I think it would be best for us to start from the beginning"

Oh, young filly. *sigh*. Thou really aren't getting anywhere. And I don't only mean that in regards to thy running around this dream trying to evadeth me, but in thine actual life as well. Right now thou art running around thy subconscious mind's version of thine empty mansion, looking at empty halls with no destination in mind at all, and thou art completely alone. And that is even more agonizingly frustrating for me than for thou. I came hither for thy benefit, not mine. So how about you just stop and listen to what I have to say here.

I loveth my subjects, and wish to be loved by them, but I still desire and demand respect. Especially from a small humble filly in the presence of her Princess. There is only so much money can do. You do not have nearly the power or authority you think you do. But you know what you are able to do? Wearing tiaras. *Hmph!* Doeseth thou get it now? Well, now I'm starting to enjoy this. I want to watch you become more unraveled and humbled as you fruitlessly try to puzzle this out, as if you can escape from your own mind. Perhaps because this is your dream, you believe that you're in control.

But you're overlooking one thing, filly. I am the Guardian of Dreams. You've got no magic. No Element of Harmony. No Honesty, except when it benefits you. No Kindness. No Generosity. No Laughter, except at the misery of others. No Loyalty, except to yourself. No harmony, period. What makes this even worse is how you have Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends right in your hometown setting a good example and making meaningful contributions to this world. But making meaningful contributions to the world isn't something you hold stock in, isn't it? No, you would much rather see the world fall to disharmony so that you may hold yourself all the higher above the rubble and misery you delight in causing.

Do you just have zero consideration for others? Do you truly not care about feelings? And look at you. You don't even know where you're going right now. Are you just walking around in circles? I really do want to help you. You may not think you need help, but I assure you that you do. Just as two of the other fillies you delight in torturing needed my help.

Now, listen to me Diamond Tiara, because this is important. I'm trying to make a very important, and perhaps inconvenient truth clear to you. I want you to see something. All things aside, you are a citizen of Equestria, and thus one of my subjects. It is my duty as Princess of the Night to guide you. Therefore, this is simply something I must show you. But to do that, I think it would be best for us to start from the beginning.


This is the very sad story of the death of a filly named Diamond Tiara.


Friendship is Magic-Jerks and Bullies


Diamond Tiara was a rich filly who went to a school in Ponyville. Her special talent, wearing a tiara, demanded little of her. So there was really not very much of herself to give.


Bratty Half Pint: Diamond Tiara takes the cake on this one


And in this way, Diamond Tiara's Cutie Mark felt less and less like hers everyday. But if there were other ponies without Cutie Marks one day, that means there would be other ponies to bully the next, and then the next.


The Bully: She takes pride in demeaning the CMC for their lack of cutie marks


So, without question, or judgement, Diamond Tiara continued to do what her Cutie Mark told her.


Attention Horses: Diamond Tiara especially.


Putting on her Tiara flowed into bullying ponies without Cutie Marks, flowed into bossing around her only friend, flowed into bossing around her butler, flowed into eating dinner, flowed into doing homework, flowed into going to bed, flowed into waking up, flowed into going to school, and here she was again.


Manipulative Bastard: Diamond Tiara, on Family Appreciation Day, for shooting down Apple Blooms' attempts to avoid the day and as Editor of the Foal Free Press for blackmail.


Diamond Tiara was exercising a special talent that didn't make any positive difference in the world at all.


Exactly What It Says on the Tin / Steven Ulysses Perhero: Her Cutie Mark matches her name exactly. Which really makes no sense unless her special talent is Narcissism.


If in reality, Diamond Tiara had not claimed her tiara as her special talent, and she had remained without a Cutie Mark along with the younger sisters of three of the Elements of Harmony, and joined with them on a deeper, longer, more earnest search for a more desirable destiny, would her life have had actual meaning?


Laser-Guided Karma: She always gets struck by this


Perhaps when the pain of a wrong choice or a lost opportunity threatens to consume us, we simply convince ourselves that we are better off now regardless of what could have been, and stubbornly set ourselves down in our current path and burn our bridges behind us. All the while claiming to be content inspite of the horrible mistakes we made. When these thoughts become so strong in our minds, we truly believe that we are better off, and everypony else is wrong, and the ones who are now is the place where we once were are inferior, rather than full of potential that we ourselves simply squandered.


Hoist By Her Own Petard: Her attempts to humiliate Apple Bloom and the Cutie Mark Crusaders normally end up backfiring and Diamond Tiara (and sometimes Silver Spoon) a Humiliation Conga


To manipulate your own thoughts and emotions might bring temporary freedom from a self imposed damnation. But these delusions can be fatal to those who are blind to the truth, and the fact that there is a whole world outside of themselves.


Hate Sink: Diamond Tiara's main purpose for being in the show seems to be a Jerkass with few entertaining and no sympathetic qualities so the viewers can hate her.


"And so," Diamond Tiara asked, "If my tiara hadn't appeared on my flanks, if I had remained a Blank Flank for a bit longer, and lived among the other half for a while to see a bigger picture, would my life be any better? Would I be happier than I am now?"

Diamond Tiara answered this question by polishing her tiara.


Please die


Then she polished her tiara.


Please die


And then she polished her tiara.


Please die


Then, she polished her tiara.


Please die


Then she polished her tiara.


Please die


"I'M NOT REAL! I'M NOT REAL! PLEASE, DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF IT, NONE OF IT'S REAL!"

Author's Note:

Special thanks to tvtropes.org.