• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 656 Views, 7 Comments

Dear Princess Celestia - Brighty124



Twilight writes letters to her mentor, because that's what students always do... right?

  • ...
1
 7
 656

To Celestia

Dear Princess Celestia,

I can't say that it's been a short time. You've been gone for three months now. Luna's really worried about you. She hardly sleeps. Where exactly have you been? We have no contact with you. Are you even still alive? I shouldn't ask that. Sometimes, you don't want an answer.

To be honest, almost nopony knows you're gone. The guards have kept it all hushed up, and Luna has just never left the castle. Cadence doesn't even know...

You are coming back, right? I mean, you're kind of the ruler of Equestria. Luna's not really fit for ruling at the moment, and I can't really say that your nephew is any better.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle


Dear Princess Celestia,

Luna's refusing to see anypony. All we know is that she's in her room, constantly sobbing. You realize how much she's hurting, right? There are ponies asking to see you, and I can't really explain that you're not even here.

Are you even still in Equestria? We're all worried about you. I tried some calculations, but I either smudged the variable, or didn't carry the five. Whichever mistake I made, I can't find you, not with magic, nor math.

A response would be great. Spike's sending them directly to where you should be. We can't keep the whole country waiting, can we?

Hopefully you can get this, and send a reply. I think Luna would appreciate it.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle


Dear Princess Celestia,

You're getting these letters, right? I wouldn't put it past Spike to send them to the wrong pony, as there's been no response.

Everpony's been coming in here, desperate for news about you. They're all convinced you're... dare I say it... dead. Of course, it can't be the truth, but nobody knows where you are. This is a stupid question, but do you even care?

What am I supposed to do? Luna won't show her face, and Cadence is much too far away. I know I'm technically a princess too, but what power do I have? You're the ruler everypony knows and respects. I'm just... me.

Enclosed with this letter are several calculations on your current location. Should you get this, please respond, and tell me how accurate they were.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle


Dear Princess Celestia,

Half a year. What do I even say about this? I was forced to put myself in office, so Equestria wouldn't be completely messed up. The ponies are starting to accept that you're not here, but what does that even mean?

No matter what I experiment with, there's no possible conclusion. At least, not one I want to face. The one that keeps biting at me, is that you're not coming back.

Is Spike even sending these properly? Or are you ignoring them? Please Celestia, give us a sign. Luna needs you. She's broken beyond repair.

I feel that Equestria may suffer. Maybe I'm a princess, but I'm not THE princess. I'm me. Fluttershy's trying to convince me that it will be alright, but I can't believe her anymore.

Discord... what do I even say about him? He's still Discord, but he's different. He'll still make chaos, if given the chance, but he's straying. I'm positive he knows something I don't, but nopony can get it out of him. Not even Fluttershy.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle


Dear Princess Celestia,

Rainbow Dash has been leading a search team, but they’ve found nothing. What does one say about this?

“Oh yes, the most elite search team in Equestria can’t find Princess Celestia. Sorry.”

Are you hiding? If so, this is no longer hide and seek. There’s blood on Luna’s bedsheets, and she refuses to explain it’s origin. Truth be told, I’m almost positive I know what it is.

Celestia, you need to come back. We can’t last forever with a replacement. When the Pinkie clones took over Ponyville, we survived because of the real Pinkie. How can we pull out of this mess, if Princess Celestia isn’t here?
I don’t know how much more this country can take. We need you back, before it’s too late.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle


Dear Princess Celestia,

Now I know why it’s been over a year since we’ve communicated. The Search Team brought your body in this morning. Rainbow Dash could hardly believe it was you.

We’ve tried to get someone to speak to Luna, but she’s cursing anyone that comes near her door. I don’t think she’s been the same since you… went away.

What am I supposed to say to this? I suddenly find out my mentor’s dead, after moons of silence?

Cloud Kicker says that several rolls of parchment were found next to your body. I guess you had been getting my letters. You just couldn’t open them.

Princess Cadence has been informed, and it took several guards to stop her from coming right here. She had no idea you were even gone.

I don’t know what to make of this. Or why I’m bothering to write these letters any more. You’re dead, no matter what I do.

Completely mutilated, in the middle of Hollow Shades. Nopony even lives there anymore. Your crown, and the rest of your royal regalia were gone. Wind Chill claims that they searched everywhere, but there was nothing to be found.

What’s happened to Equestria? I can’t rule alone, but Luna’s nowhere near fit to, and Cadence has her own duties.

You’re not really gone, are you?

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle


Dear Princess Celestia,

So I was told today, that you were going to be buried in the gardens. According to Shade Wing, there’s a small graveyard in the back. I’m assuming the other graves are for your parents.

I’m not one to ask.

Luna’s not the same. She’s shown her face a few times, since the formal announcement, but she’s cold and distant. Applejack says she just needs more time, but she’s not healing.

So far, ruling Equestria hasn’t been too difficult. Then again, I doubt anypony is feeling ready to come to me, with their troubles. I haven’t been around for over a thousand years.

A gray haze fell over everywhere, since you left us. Pinkie Pie hasn’t thrown a party, and Rarity won’t design anything more than a funeral gown.

We’re struggling here, despite the easy outside. Equestria is mourning you, and we don’t know what to do about it.

Why did you leave? Couldn’t you have just stayed? Then we’d never have been through this.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle


Dear Princess Celestia,

Luna’s dead. We found her in her room, gone from this world. There was a note on her table, explaining her reasons.

She missed you so much.

So far, it’s been quiet here. Not a single calculation, nor plan, not even a checklist could solve this. Everything has changed, and for the worse.

I’ve been wearing only black since they found your body. Why should it change now? We’ve already lost somepony else.

Why do I bother to write these? I have no reason. Your body is buried at the edge of the gardens, in front of your parents, and beside your sister.

You’ll never read these. I’m being a fool for writing these.

But I suppose I need a way to write out Equestria’s demise.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle


Dear Princess Celestia,

It’s been five years. But I forced myself to pick up this quill. In these years, I’ve been accepted as the new princess. But it’s not real to me.

The way ponies act, it’s as if you and Luna never existed. What can I say to that? You two are the reason Equestria exists.

Without your influence, we wouldn’t be the culture we are today. I’ve tried to be strong, but why should I?

Books can’t fix real problems, can they? If so, I’ve been terribly misguided.

Celestia, what am I supposed to do? I’m not perfect. I’m nowhere near what you and Luna were.

Is it even Equestria anymore?

I’ve pondered this for too long. There is no point to these letters. I've been alone for far too long. We shouldn't be surviving, without you to lead us.

Goodbye Celestia.

Your once faithful student, Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

Twilight doesn't die. She just stops writing the letters.
I should have made that clear...