• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 1,366 Views, 5 Comments

Shadowfall - Lunaftw



As Twilight's new immortality troubles her, an old enemy of Celestia's rises again.

  • ...
5
 5
 1,366

Together

Author's Note:

Yeah, I know, really short chapter.

Celestia was strong enough to alter the spell just a bit. Using almost all her strength, she let out a powerful burst of magic. Luna soon appeared, first just a shimmer but soon became opaque.

"Sister, we had just enough magic to be able to find each other. Thank the elements we can." The confident voice of the regal moon princess, her sister, made Celestia feel more sure of herself. "Come, sister, for you know we must depart now," Celestia replied. With a brisk nod, Luna tore out the page, and the two sisters flew away, determined to succeed in their quest, fearing what would happen if they didn't.

The journey was tough and cold, but they trekked on nonetheless. They moved through the snowy tundra that was a green meadow before the Elements hid themselves. At last they arrived at a pile of rotting wood. Gingerly, the two sisters lifted the wood away. Soon the mouth of a long, dark, cave streched before them. Illuminating their horns, they stepped into the darkness.

They might as well have been trying to find their way through a maze. Whenever they thought they were in the right direction, a sturdy wall blocked the way. Eventually, Celestia couldn't take it and charged, horn glowing brightly, right at the wall.

The next few moments were confusing. The wall had melted away like jelly when she stepped throught it. She stared at the wall for a while, until Luna also stepped through, snapping her back to reality. Luna hurried to her sister's side, and together, they inspected the room. There was a small wooden table, and clear, brilliant, shining gems covered the walls. They turned around slowly, admiring it's beauty. Then something happened that made them both freeze. The wall of gemstone was encasing seven ponies, seven ponies who wore elegant crowns with sparkling gemstones. The two sisters exchanged a glance. They had found them. The True Elements of Harmony.