• Published 15th May 2014
  • 666 Views, 1 Comments

Through the Mirror - jackofalltradez



In our on familiar universe the author goes to sleep like every other day. But unlike ordinary days, he wakes up in a parallel universe, similar and different in their own ways.

  • ...
14
 1
 666

Prologue: Before the Swap

Strange things began to happen after I thought I saw my reflection close its eyes.

I was brushing my teeth one morning, before school started, when I thought I saw, out of the corner of my eye, my reflection close its eyes. I immediately looked directly at my reflection's eyes and blinked. My reflection's eyes were still open, like they always were when I had my eyes open. But I could’ve have sworn my reflection's eyes had shut for a second.

The next weird thing that happened was when I was playing football outside with my two younger brothers. I was going to throw the ball when I noticed my shadow was stretching crazily in all directions. I looked up to see if there were any clouds blocking the sun to make my shadow do this, but the sky was a clear blue plain. It kept dancing for a few seconds longer, and then returned to its proper, formal position.

By this time, I was beginning to think I was being haunted or something, because this was definitely supernatural. One night, I got up late because I had to go pee. I finished relieving myself and started to walk out of the bathroom, when I saw my reflection walking in the opposite direction! I stop, and my reflection stops, turns to face me, and winks. I’m starting to break out into a cold sweat. This is just your mind playing tricks on your vision because you’re tired, I remember thinking. So to prove to myself my hypothesis, I slowly reached out to touch my reflection. My reflection reached out to touch me, with the same deliberate slowness. When I finally touched my reflection, instead of feeling cool, hard glass, I felt warm, soft flesh! A bewildered look came across my face as an electric jolt ran up my arm and throughout my body. I fell down hard on the floor, and the last thing I saw before I lost consciousness was my reflection crawling out of the mirror and reaching down towards me.

Author's Note:

The plot is set in motion and the strangeness has begun! Muahahaha! >:D
Anyways, here's the prologue of my first story. Hope you enjoy the rest of it. :)