• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 784 Views, 26 Comments

out of sight, lingering in mind - Julyah

  • ...
4
 26
 784

Chapter 1, The animal lover

Suprisingly enough, Fluttershy was the first one to go.

She was the eldest.

She died a peacfull death, though. It was only of old age.

I remember when it happened.

I was working the farm, winona at my side. She barked when she heard my friend Rarity approach.

“settle down there, Winona. Howdy, rarity.” I greeted.

When rarity came closer, she just stared at me. She inspected my hat, then my mane, then the soft soil underneath her.

“its... fluttershy.” She said as quietly as the yellow pegasus she was talking of.

“im right there with ya.” I said as I undid the plow behind me. I fiddled with the straps, and then along with Rarity, I galloped to the hospital. We ran next to each other, tears falling on the road we trod on.

The past week, fluttershy was not doin' so well. There was a way to tell when it was the last few days of a pony's life. It made it easier for them.

Anyway, we got to the hospital. All the my friends, and a bunch of animals were in the room. Fluttershy coughed as me and Rarity came in. She was laying on a hospital be, the sheets up to her neck. She did'nt look so good. Her coat was almost grey. Her hair had many strands of grey in it. We could all tell she only had a couple of hours left.

“ap-” Fluttershy was interrupted by another cough. “applejack. Come here.”

I walked over to her and kissed her forehead.

“yes, shugarcube?”

“you- youre here.”

“yes I am.”

She closed her eyes and smiled.

“thats good.” she kept her eyes closed.

Tears came to my eyes.

She opened hers.

Her big, blue eyes bore holed into mine. Fluttershy let out a big breath, as though she had been holding one her whole life.

She closed her eyes, saying.

“I love my 5 best friends.”

And then she lay still.







Her cemetery was in a beautifull forest. It was the one she had fallen into when she got her cutie mark.

She had a beautiful grave, on the top was her cutie mark, made out of flowers. Me and the remaining four often had picknicks next to her grave, there in the forest. We would place food on her grave, as if she would eat it. Angel ate it for her.