• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,091 Views, 5 Comments

Armored Core for Answer : Project X - TheKon2000



Project X, the project to create the perfect Linx. After a horrible test failure, and catastrophic damage done tot he research cradle they were on, Project X will have to survive on the harsh planet surface. But then, something happens.

  • ...
6
 5
 1,091

Chapter 4: Mission Finish.

"X." Caleb said over the comms.

"Yeah, what is it?" X asked.

"I'm picking up three Mass NEXTs (Mass produced NEXTs, often called M-NEXTs, that are of inferior quality to the custom NEXTs, possessing low-end NEXT weaponry and very weak PA, as well as drastically reduced AP and durability. The most common manufacturers of these are GA (Global Armaments), Omer, and BFF (Bernard & Felix Foundation). Interior is the last one with any real amount to them, but still palling in comparison.)"

"What model?" Chaos asked him.

"2 GA main and a GA side." GA mains were heavyweights outfitted with twin GA rifles, GA missiles on it's right back shoulder, a GA radar on it's left back, relation missiles (Missiles that fire with back mounted missiles) on it's shoulders, and twin automatic GA revolvers on it's hips. GA sides, like most sides, were slightly more varied and were better made. These mid-weights consisted of a High-end NEXT GA rifle, a regular GA Gatling gun and low end PM (Highly maneuverable, low damage missiles) missiles provided by Omer on it's back and the same low-end pistols on it's hips. AP and durability are still low, but PA is only slightly below that of a custom NEXTs average.

"Not much to note then?" X said as he chuckled.

"No, not really. Just remember, one hit from those Arms Forts and your gonna be hard pressed to get back up, even more so to still be in fighting condition." Caleb cautioned them.

"Chaos, you think your still battle ready?"

"Everything's functioning, and I still have 15,000 AP out of 40,000, so I can still tango with these bastards." Chaos said while looking over the schematic of his NEXT, parts were mainly green and yellow, while some weapons were black, no red (Green-Minimal damage, Yellow-Slightly/Significantly damaged, Red-Catastrophic damage, Black-Completely broken or detached.).

"Great. Look, we're 2 minutes out, here comes the cavalry." X said, using his robotic eye's magnification to zoom in on the approaching M-NEXTs.

"You go on ahead, I can take these guys." Chaos said.

"Okay, good-luck." X said as he took off from the ground gained altitude and charged his over-boost before activating it and rocketing away.

"Okay then, let's rock." Chaos said as he fed more power to his boosters. He was now within their range, and bullets started to fly past him as he did small boosts to dodge. He powered up his blade as they got close, closing the gap quickly and taking a slice at the two mains. The lower quality of the M-NEXTs made the blade slice through like a hot knife through butter, and the two M-NEXTs didn't stand a chance. The first one was sliced clean through the chest, killing the pilot. The second was sliced through arm, part of the radar, and part of the head, melting some of the internal parts of the M-NEXT and rendering the left side completely open. Chaos boosted back as the side started pelting him with Gatling bullets, and then boosted around the low tier NEXT and sliced it through the back and chest, causing the NEXT to tumble to the ground. He then turned his attention to the last M-NEXT and locked on with his missiles, firing them and completely obliterating the NEXT.

"Heh, looks like you just couldn't reach the NEXT level." he said as the explosion from the falling Mother Will landed right behind him.

"Dude, I can't believe you just said that." Caleb said with a no small amount of judgement in his voice.

"For shame, Chaos, for shame." said X, shaking his NEXTs head while he stood atop the burning arms fort.

"Fuck you guys, that was funny." Chaos said, laughing afterwards, followed by the other two.

"Okay guys, the chopper is inbound to pick you up, please prepare to deactivate your shielding." Caleb said.

"Okay then. Well, we got ten minutes to kill. What should we do?" X asked.

"Well how about we play catch with one of the mains' heads while you tell me how in the hell you pulled that off?"

"Sure." X said as they started in that direction.

----One minutes prior----

"Here we go." X said under his breath as he targeted the land crab. Both mother will and the land crab shot at him as he made his approach, but neither managed a successful hit on him. As he neared the land crab he activated his laser and shot the leg. The laser hit home and nailed is at a joint, causing it to melt together and become useless. He then powered down his laser and and powered up his blade. He flew underneath it and cut along the weak bottom, causing mass amounts of damage and causing the land crab to halt. "One down." X changed his course to the mother will, super charging his blade with kojima and making it bigger than he was and crackling energy, turning it a deep emerald green from the once sky blue blade. The same effect happened with his shield. Then, he over-boosted once more, directly at mother will. "One, to, GO!" he shouted as he slice and rammed the smaller mother will through and through, causing catastrophic damage to it. He powered down his blade and slowly descended onto the corpse of the mechanical beast.

----Present time----

"You can do that!" Chaos asked, surprised that X could do that with his blade and shield.

"The shields only lasts for a short while and constantly drains them as well. It makes me invulnerable while I'm doing it though. My sword is much the same, although a lot less of a drain. Combined it lasts about 10 seconds. Shields last around 20 on their own and sword is about a minute depending on how many times I get shot while I'm doing it." X says as they toss the head back and forth. "Well our ride is here." Both of them looked towards the two approaching helicopters.

"Yeah. Lets go." he said boosting over and disabling his shields, X doing the same.

"If you ever need any help again, you know who to call." Chaos said as he transferred his comm node (Kinda like a phone number) to X and X did the same.

"Thanks." X said to his first ally.

"See you around." Chaos said as the choppers took off in opposite directions.

Author's Note:

I promise the pictures will be up before another major NEXT battle.