• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 539 Views, 3 Comments

Filly Friendship Chronicles: Rainbow Dash - fluffinthepuff



filly Rainbow dash breaks her wing and has to rest it in a cast for a week.

  • ...
3
 3
 539

day three

Firefly knocked on Rainbow Dash's door. "Honey, come on out. You've been in that room of yours far too long." Inside her bedroom, Rainbow Dash kept frowning. She thought about how she couldn't do much at all, how sore her wing is, how she's wasting away all cooped up in her bedroom... At this thought, Dashie started bawling, falling on top of her pillow. Firefly immediately rushed in, seeing Rainbow cry. She sat down at the foot of Dash's bed, and extended a comforting wing to Rainbow. Rainbow Dash looked up from the tear-stained pillow, then sat up, accepting the wing her mother offered.
Firefly smiled as Rainbow dash nuzzled her chest. " Now can you tell me what's wrong?'' Dashie sniffed and looked up at her mother. '' I've thought about how I trapped myself. I feel, lost. I can hardly do anything.'' Firefly nodded at her daughter, then wicked away a tear from her eyes. ''Don't give up Dashie.'' Firefly peered up at the Wonderbolts poster hanging above Rainbow Dash's bed. ''If Spitfire broke one of her wings, do you think she would give up?'' Firefly looked into Rainbow Dash's eyes, waiting for an answer. '' She would probably be training on the ground, not staying locked inside her room.'' Dash gave a determined smile to her mother. ''That's right. So if you want to get though this, you will have to be tough like Spitfire, right?'' ''Yeah!'' Dash yelled.

She jumped off of her bed and raced around the rug on the floor. ''But before we do anything, you'll need a bath." Firefly told Rainbow Dash. She then scooped her up and carried her to the bathroom. Setting Dash down, Firefly turned on the water. After a minute passed, she stuck her hoof into the pooling bathwater. Satisfied with the temperature, Firefly unscrewed the cap off a bottle of bubble bath. She poured the syrup in, immediately seeing lavender scented bubbles form and rise to the surface. Firefly then turned the water off, and plopped Rainbow Dash in the water. She rinsed Rainbow's hair, and started to shampoo it. Firefly had to work quickly, because Rainbow despised baths.

After rinsing all of the soap out of Rainbow Dash's mane and coat, she grabbed a fresh fluffy towel and brought Dashie out of the water. She wrapped Rainbow up, rubbing the towel against the filly's coat. Now dry, Rainbow Dash rushed down the stairs to the sound of the front door slammed shut. ''Daddy!'' Rainbow Dash yelled. She tackled her father, enveloping him in a giant bear hug. Firefly came down the stairs and flew over to Spectrum Streak. ''Hey hon.'' Firefly greeted. They then kissed, much to Rainbow Dash's dismay.

They all walked into the kitchen and sat down. Firefly turned the stove on, grabbed some onions out of the fridge, a knife from a drawer, some spices, and a frying pan. She then started to dice the onions. Then she slid them into the pan, poured some vinegar in, sprinkled some spice, and began cooking. The onions smelled heavenly. They all ate, then Firefly washed the dishes while Spectrum played some Horseopoly with Rainbow Dash. After finishing the dishes, Firefly joined the game. Soon, Rainbow was sent upstairs to brush her teeth and prepare for bedtime. Once in bed, Firefly sang Rainbow Dash her favorite lullaby. Once Rainbow was asleep, Firefly kissed Rainbow Dash's forehead, tucked the covers over her, and exited the room, shutting the door.