• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 457 Views, 1 Comments

Tree of Harmony gives a box? - Uncle Knot



When Twilight got her box from the Tree of Harmony, what did it really mean?

  • ...
 1
 457

Dusty and the Captain

From the cockpit of the airship, the junior officer scanned the horizon. This was not anything like what she had expected her destiny to be. Lightning Dust knew she was a great flyer. She was even better than Rainbow Dash, if only she hadn’t been so reckless. She scolded herself, life is full of “if only-ies”. Here she had a second chance; in fact if she hadn’t gotten kicked from the wonder bolts academy, she would not even be here. This wasn’t the life of adventure and glory she had hoped to achieve with the wonder bolts. This was very different type of adventure with little glory. Indeed, as a member of the E&E (eyes&ears), Dusty had felt so secure she was in the right. Lightning Dust’s function in the E&E (although sometimes Princess Luna calls us the E3) was that of a counter spy or spy hunter. She couldn’t really do that with a high profile and the showiness that the wonder bolts were known for. This job, no career, requires tack, subterfuge, and cunning, and maybe sometimes just a little more recklessness than most. It was the perfect home for ‘Dusty’.

“Dusty are we off course?”

“Yes, Captain” replied Dusty “I spotted our recon patrol returning and corrected course to intercept”

“That may not be wise. You know how she gets if she thought we making it easy for her”

“Yes, Captain, that’s why I only corrected course by 2 points”

“Understood”

Later in the Captain’s cabin

“Su … I mean Captain, recon patrol Gilda reporting”