• Published 22nd Mar 2014
  • 771 Views, 9 Comments

Pinkie's Brew - Cycnus



Tragedy strikes the Pie family, leaving Pinkie scarred. Letting her outwitting Gypsy mind get the best of her, Pinkie is convinced the past can be changed, which one day, leaves little Apple Bloom dealing with more than she bargained for

  • ...
1
 9
 771

I've cooked up a solution

When Apple Bloom awoke she found herself tied up with harms at her side and was suspended from the ceiling directly over the cauldron by a rope. She trembled and whimpered looking around frantically. The entire store was dark. The windows were covered over with drapes blocking any light to get in, the only light was candles placed all around the floor. All around the walls strange words and symbols were inscribed. Pinkie’s cauldron sat in its place from before under her, except now the fire wood under it was burning wildly. Miraculously it was not spreading around; must’ve been more of Pinkies magic. Inside the cauldron some sort of substance was boiling. It was a different color that Apple Bloom had never seen before.

Something caught Apple Blooms eye and she noticed that leaning against the far wall was half turned over…Sweetie Bell! But she seemed unconscious. “Sweetie Bell!” Apple Bloom shouted, “Sweetie Bell!”

“She can’t hear you.” said Pinkie sternly, suddenly appearing out of nowhere. Apple Bloom, startled, turned to Pinkie. She was standing over a basement door and a sealed up bag lay next to her. The bag was a large cloth bag with stains of blood around it. Pinkie stood there dressed in gypsy garments. She had a red bandana wrapped around her head and large bull-earrings still hung from her ears. She also now wore an emerald necklace with a gold horse shoe medallion.

“What do you mean she can’t hear me?” asked Apple Bloom frightened, “She’s my friend.”

“Oh I know.” replied Pinkie Pie, “But funny thing you see as I was setting up my little…well…setup here, she came knocking on the door looking for you. I told her you were helping me make something. She got jealous and begged to help too. So I let her in, but when she noticed you knocked out behind the counter she began to run. In my quicky fast ways, I wouldn’t let that happen..”

Pinkie walked over to the unconscious Sweetie Bell and turned her over. What was revealed made Apple Bloom almost throw up. Sweetie Bell’s horn was cut off from the base and now there was a bloody patch in the middle of her head.

“See? I needed a Unicorn’s horn and Sweetie Bell was just so cooperative to give it to me. I mean it did take a little “explaining” but It all worked out.” Pinkie said proudly.

“Sweetie Bell no!” Apple Bloom began crying. Pinkie Pie opened the cloth bag and pulled out Sweetie Bell’s horn and set in on the counter.


“Now,” said Pinkie, “It’s true that Sweetie Bell has helped me, but Rainbow Dash also gave a nice contribution.” She pulled opened the set of Rainbow Dashes severed wings. “See here? A small set of Pegasus wings are also needed as well as a unicorn horn.” And she tossed both the wings and horn into the cauldron. They sizzled, mixed, and then disappeared into the stew.

“Pinkie, please whatever any of us did to you we’re sorry. I’m sorry!” Apple Bloom pleaded.

“Ha! That's what Rainbow Dash said too, but honestly what are you apologizing for?” asked Pinkie in a cheerful voice, “You never did anything.”

“Well then why are you doing this?” asked Apple Bloom.

Pinkie answered back, “It’s simple. I just want to get my family back.”

Apple Bloom began weeping again, “Awe, don’t worry Apple Bloom no need to be sad. Here, have a taste of what we've got so far. ” Pinkie said as she approached the cauldron. She brought out out a large silver spoon and scooped some of the mixture up. She held it up to Apple Blooms mouth. Apple Bloom closed her mouth tight and shook it away. Pinkie giggled to herself putting it into her own mouth, sloshing it around. "Pretty tasty! Now we’re almost done and this is gonna be my favorite part!” Apple Bloom looked down at Pinkie. Pinkie held her tambourine up in the air and slowly began to shake it in a slow but speeding beat.

“Pinkie.” whimpered Apple Bloom, “W-what’s going on? What are you doing now?”

“Well let me tell ya.” said Pinkie brightly, “See the only way for this to work is by using three special ingredients for instance, the horn of a Unicorn, the wings of a Pegasus, and the flesh of an Earth Pony, as well as many other mythical things which you saw earlier.” Pinkie giggled again, “And what will happen is that once the spell is sung, a time portal, will open up. When it does, I’ll go back and save my family before the nasty fire comes and we all live happily ever after!. You know I've actually used time travel before. But the farther back, the more is required.”

“Pinkie Pie.” said Apple Bloom, “What do you mean by the flesh of an Earth Pony?”

“Well Apple Bloom, that’s where you’re going to be the biggest help to me.”

Apple Bloom froze in shock for she understood.., “What? That’s what you wanted me here for after all!”

“Yup.” Nodded Pinkie Pie, “What we need for fun is a little bit of you! And that’s why you are now voted by me, Pinkamena Diane Pie, my new bestest friend!” Pinkie began clapping. Apple Bloom searched through her mind to find some way to stall. Call for help? Try to reason with Pinkie? It was worth a shot though, no doubt Rainbow Dash had probably tried. “Pinkie, me and AJ grew up without our parents either, but this kind of thing happens in life. You just have to accept it and move on! It’s no one’s fault and there’s no way to fix it!” Pinkie shook her head, “That’s where I have to disagree with you Apple Bloom. You don’t know how it is, to be alone day in and day out. Crying yourself to sleep every night remembering how something you loved and care for about so much was just suddenly taken away from you, and every day of your life with no real love or support, having to hide the pain away behind a stupid smile, pretending that nothing has ever gone wrong. Luckily for you you’ll never have to go through that now will you?”

“But Pinkie!” Apple Bloom pleaded.

“No! And even IF this sort of thing does happen, you can’t just accept it and move on; there ARE ways to fix it and that’s just what I’m doing! I’ve already lost one friend before and that’s something that I can’t change, but with my family…Something...something can be done.” Pinkie stood over the cauldron and shook her tambourine into a lively tune, “And now,” said Pinkie, “to sing!”

Pinkie began to harmonize and sing while Apple Bloom watched, trying to struggle out, “Oh I’ll cook up a solution with the knowledge I’ve accrued. They say a kitch-en time saves nine but I’m just saving few. I’ve gathered some ingredients to make some time sorbet. There’s hardly room for seconds when the seconds melt away!” Pinkie began cheering and shouting and dancing all around. The mixture inside the cauldron seemed to begin moving. Pinkie continued dancing crazily around the room, “Watch as I work my Gypsy magic! Eye of a newt and cinnamon. Watch as this matter turns to batter open the portal jump in!” Pinkie came over to the cauldron, still harmonizing and shaking the tambourine. Apple Bloom noticed that several objects from the tables around began floating in the air. Like chairs and salt shakers. Pinkie let go of her tambourine and with it still playing on its own, it too began floating around. “It’s working!” Pinkie cried. She dipped her hands into the cauldron and pulled out a somewhat solid substance that seemed all goo like but also resembled batter. “Watch as this matter turns to batter, open the portal jump in!” repeated Pinkie. Apple Bloom thrashed and struggled to escape from her bonds with no prevail. Pinkie looked up at Apple Bloom and continued to sing, “Crude, stew, do you fear it Apple Bloom? Sometimes life is not a cake walk served up on a silver spoon!” Pinkie began spinning this substance around on her hoof like pizza dough. “Toss a fig and save the date and…” Pinkie Pie began chanting with melody to it, “Bread and butter, chant and mutter, marination, incantation, chocolate icing, timeline splicing! Yeast is rising, rectifying!” Apple Bloom tried quickly to reason with Pinkie in a way that would catch.

“Pinkie please just listen to me, they’re all dead and gone. Please don’t bake this portal just leave it and move on!” No success.

Pinkie continued shaking her head looking into Apple Bloom’s eyes, “My cauldron is pre-heated and I’ve got you in my thrall. Let’s mix these yolks and save my folks by baking the fourth wall!” Pinkie spun the substance around on her hoof faster and faster chanting, “Watch as I work my Gypsy magic, sea pony tears and provolone. God help this out cast with her witch craft, today I’m gonna go home!” Pinkie threw the mysterious substance into the air and it turned into a white mist that lingered in front of Apple Bloom. “And now, for the final ingredient. You!” Pinkie said as she grabbed a knife from the counter and approached Apple Bloom, “Again Apple Bloom. Thank you so much for all your help today. You will always be remembered as my best friend!” Pinkie reached the knife to the rope suspending Apple Bloom, but just as Pinkie was about to split it, the several slams pounded on the front door and then it broke down. There standing there in the door way was Apple Jack...

“What in tarnation is going on here!” raged Apple Jack, “Apple Bloom I told you that you could not come to Pinkie’s so when we get back to the farm young lady for disobeying me you are…” Apple Jack paused realizing her surroundings. She saw all the candles and the covered up windows and all the odd inscriptions on the walls. She saw poor battered Sweetie Bell slumped over against the wall.

“Wha-what the blazes is going on?” Apple Jack looked around dizzy and confused, “Pinkie what in the hay is all this?”

“Hey Apple Jack!” greeted Pinkie, “You’re just in time!”

“In time for what?” asked Apple Jack, “Pinkie where’s my sist...?”

“Apple Jack! Apple Jack!” cried Apple Bloom. Through the dark Apple Jack saw her little sister suspended up over the boiling cauldron and the portal still lingering in front of her. “Apple Jack, help me please!”

“Apple Bloom!” cried as Apple Jack stood there in shock. “Please get me down from here!” pleaded Apple Bloom.

“Pinkie what are you doing to ma sister!” demanded Apple Jack.

Pinkie laughed, “That’s what you’re just in time for silly!” Pinkie raised the knife back up to the rope.

“No!” shouted Apple Jack and with that she ran as fast as she could across the room and just as Pinkie cut the rope Apple Bloom screamed but just as she almost fell Apple Jack jumped over the cauldron and swooped Apple Bloom from the air and they both landed hard on the other side.

“Apple Bloom ya okay?” asked Apple Jack. Apple Bloom nodded frantically shaking with tears streaming from her eyes.

Pinkie gasped, “Apple Jack, look what you did! I needed her!”

Apple Jack bolted up “Yeah? Well I need you too so I can kill you myself!”

“Haha first you’ll have to catch me!” and as Apple Jack lunged at Pinkie she dodged out of the way and it became a goose chase throughout the room. Apple Bloom huddled helplessly in a corner struggling to free herself from her bonds.

Pinkie ran around the room laughing hysterically. Pinkie threw chairs and other objects into Apple Jack’s way and Apple Jack did her best to dodge them. It seemed that this would go on forever until finally Apple Jack came to a halt. While Pinkie still burst out with endless energy, Apple Jack breathed heavily and panted. She was worn out.

“Hey you stopped.” said Pinkie, “My turn!” and with a big grin on her face Pinkie lunged at Apple Jack still wielding the knife. Apple Jack dodged and missed as Pinkie thrust the knife at Apple Jack missing each time.

“Ugh.” said Pinkie frustrated, “Hold still!” Then Pinkie Pie took one last final swing and stuck Apple Jack in the arm.

“Ahh!” yelled Apple Jack in pain as blood streamed down. Pinkie Pie took another swing, but Apple Jack quickly spun around and knocked Pinkie behind her head and with a sharp yell and she stumbled to the floor dropping the knife. Apple Jack kicked it away and stood over Pinkie Pie. She turned her around and began beating her. Swing after swing and hit after hit. Pinkie received several injuries to the face.

Pinkie blocked Apple Jack's blow and noticed the portal. The portal seemed to slowly be getting smaller.

“It's closing!” Pinkie cried. Then she turned back to Apple Jack and without warning struck Apple Jack knocking her to the ground. She got up and ran to the cauldron. The portal shrunk faster.

“Pinkie!” called Apple Jack after her, “Gotta run!” and Pinkie waved back and just as the portal was closing, “Pinkie! No!" But it was too late. Pinkie leaped into the air and squeezed through the portal just as it closed and disappeared.