• Published 13th May 2014
  • 1,070 Views, 8 Comments

A Friend in Need - Gamer X



Sometimes loneliness can seem like an everlasting nightmare, but in the end your friends keep you happy.

  • ...
0
 8
 1,070

Facing the truth

Pinkie pie turned around to run away, but Applejack hoof stopped her. Pinkie pie slapped it away, and began to sob gently.

"Pinkie..."

"Why are you here?" Pinkie pie asked upsettingly.

"Ah was worried about ya!" She shouted, but quieted her voice when she recalled the Cakes and their kids were still in the home.

"Thank you, but I am perfectly fine..." She said, keeping her face hidden behind her strands of puffy pink hair.

"Pinkie?"

"Huh...?" Pinkie pie was confused as Applejack forcefully grabbed the mare's face with her hooves.

She made the mare face her. Applejack's green eyes stared fiercely into her blue ones. Pinkie pie instantly pulled herself away, but Applejack stopped her from doing so.

"Pinkie! Even ah can see that's a lie! Why are ya avoiding me!" Applejack blurted aloud.

"I-I wasn't avoiding you at all..." Pinkie pie said as she traced her hoof along the wooden floor boards.

"Look me in the eye and tell me that ain't a lie." Applejack said fiercely.

Pinkie pie did as directed. She even pulled on a fake smile to make her act more convincing. "I'm not lying." Her eyes were moisten with tears that threatened to burst at any moment and her smile looked like it was being forced as the corners of her lips struggled to stay in place.

"Pinkie. That's a lie." Applejack said as she hugged her friend tightly.

"Hello girls. Can we get you anything--" Mrs. Cupcake and Mr. Carrot Cake both looked at the two hugging tightly and stared in awe. Mrs. Cupcake blushed and Mr. Carrot Cake patted her shoulder.

"Let's leave them alone." Mr. Carrot Cake suggested.

Mrs. Cake nodded as she quietly went to get the kids and ran downstairs, hoping that she wasn't interrupting their heartwarming moment.

"Pinkie. You know you can tell me anything..." Applejack said as she pulled the mare away from the hug. She had to admit, she was a little shocked to see Pinkie pie cry. She had seen her friend cry before, but for ridiculous things at times, and she normally would be happy and smiling afterwards.

"Applejack." Pinkie pie began as she sat on her haunches.

Applejack sat next to the mare and brought her close. She didn't say anything, but instead patted the mare's head gently and hummed a tone to relax her friend.


Minutes later, darkness filled throughout Ponyville and Applejack was still holding Pinkie pie. Pinkie pie hadn't said a word to Applejack and Applejack didn't say a word either.

"Applejack."

"Yes. Pinkie pie." Applejack said calmly. Glad her friend had calmed a bit.

"I wish you weren't always so busy with work or other things so we can spend more time together." Pinkie pie said, receiving a silent response from Applejack.

Pinkie pie closed her eyes only wishing this was a bad dream. She didn't want her best friend to hear this. It made her sound selfish and now Applejack would hate her for being so self-centered.

What if Applejack couldn't help it if she was always so busy. At least she had this time with her best friend, she should be happy, but instead she had to spoil the moment with her emotions.

"Pinkie pie. I had no idea."

Pinkie pie stayed quiet. But soon spoke up. "I sound like a self-centered brat. Right?" Pinkie pie said, sounding more mature than she normally would.

Honestly. When it came to being sad or upset, Pinkie pie's personality became a sadder and more mature one, similar to her sister Maud's.

Applejack squeezed Pinkie pie. "Is this all that's been bothering you?"

Pinkie pie softly nodded. She was feeling more shyer than Fluttershy and all the shyest ponies combined.

"Pinkie pie. You can always talk to me. No matter what."

"But I hate to worry you and it isn't your fault, it's mine. I shouldn't worry you about my problems Applejack." Pinkie pie said as she began to gently push Applejack away.

"Pinkie pie did you know this kind of thing only makes me worry more." Applejack said in a serious tone.

"It does..." Pinkie pie asked. "I don't want to make you worry Applejack..."

"Then promise you will stop lying to me..." Applejack said, giving her friend a smile.

"O-Okay..."

"And don't think that you're bothering me with your problems. I hate to see you hurt, so ah always want to make you feel better in anyway ah can."

Pinkie pie hugged Applejack. She smiled widely and had tears streaming down her face.

Applejack smiled and hugged her friend back. "Promise you won't leave Pinkie..."

"I pinkie promise." She replied. "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

Then with that they continued to hug. The night was filled with lot's of talking, tears, hugs, and friendship.


"Ah will always be here for you Pinkie. Don't ever forget that..."

Author's Note:

Short, quick. Hope Silver and Vinyl enjoy... If they read this.

--Gamer X--