• Published 5th Mar 2014
  • 277 Views, 1 Comments

The pain of Forgetting - MrRiderman



Vinyl Scratch and Octavia do things because reasons.

  • ...
 1
 277

Chapter 2: The plan

It didn't take that long for Vinyl to finish her breakfast of hash browns, some genetic cereal drowned in milk, and a fairly decently sized cup of water. Now apart from her bed being messy it was also littered with crumbs, and some spots from the milk and water managing to escape her mouth. Though she had no time to worry about that, there was more important matters for her to address like making sure Chart Topper didn't think badly of her. Celestia knows what damage that would cause to her career down the line, and how she looked in front of everypony. Vinyl shuddered a little at her thoughts, but they going to stay as just thoughts inside her head.

Now there was one thing she could do in order right this wrong. “Octavia could help me with something?”

Octavia looked at Vinyl with a deadpan face, she walked to over to Vinyl from the kitchen. Their apartment was kinda small with very little distant from the kitchen to, the beds, the living room, and the bathroom. It wasn't the pretty place to live, but it would have to do for now. So before long Octavia had reached her, and responded with a little less annoyed tone. “Let me guess it something to do with Chart Topper doesn't it?”

Vinyl looked back at her with the same look, she didn't want to do this but whatever she had. “Yep, it's about making good second impressions.” Oh Luna if she got though this she would never drink that much again, but still drink enough to give her an awful hangover.

“Alright madame Scratch how may be at your service?" Octavia said half sarcastically and the other half a willingness to help her, after all somepony needed to there for her. If there wasn't any Vinyl would probably be sitting on the street, or be on Equestria's most wanted list. Besides she wasn't so bad when you get past her drinking problem, sturdiness, and being kinda childish.

"Why yes lady Octavia there is, how do I act 'fancy'?" Vinyl smiled a little but remained in character as best she could. It helped her get ready for what she had to go though, a lesson on how to be fancy. If vinyl had another choice she would gladly take it, even if in reality she did have other choices. Vinyl just couldn't think of them at the time.

"You are serious aren't you?" Octavia dropped The curtain just as the show began to begin. She wonder why she was asking this, of course Vinyl meant it given the situation. It wasn't going an easy task though, Vinyl was more on the wild side of things. However it was doable even if it was going take some away some precious time.

"Well you know me," Vinyl said as she smiled at Octavia. Then she realized she still had her glasses on and, as cool as they were Vinyl knew she had to take them off. So she floated them back on top of dress, but not before saying a little goodbye them.

Octavia went to the bathroom, which isn't much of room. More like a corner or indent in their apartment, it had the usual stuff you would see in there. Octavia had to look around a little in order to find what she was looking for, ah yes there it is. It was her comb, which was just a normal comb. Whether it could calm Vinyl's hair she didn't know, however it was worth a shot. Octavia graped the comb, and went out to find now out of her bed and pacing in “the living room”.

Vinyl was the type of pony who couldn't sit still, and so continued to pace thinking about all the things she would go though. After all changing everything about oneself (or pretending to change) in just a few hours wasn’t easy, nonetheless she had to stop it all today the sooner the better. Soon nopony besides herself and Chart Topper (also maybe Octavia) will to know what thing she said to him, and he will just blow off it as Vinyl having too much to drink. Not as just another normal night for her, or having some kind of drinking of problem.

“Vinyl are ready to start?” Octavia asked like a school teacher to a student coming in for extra help, Which was ironic considering Vinyl’s grades weren't the best.

“Yes can we please get this over over with,” She said as she tried to keep to her cool. It didn't work that well, anypony could see that she was leaking sweat a bit.

"Well then let's start out with your mane and tail," Octavia said as she slowly walk over to Vinyl with comb in hoof. Please don't anything stupid, please just act like a normal pony. Calm down and don't do anything rash.

Vinyl wanted yell at her just one thing turning some of her nervousness into anger. What was wrong with her hair it was perfectly, wait she suppose act fancy remember did she really forget that quickly. Guess she over reacting there a little bit, hehehe oops. Octavia was surprised to see how well Vinyl was cooperating, normally she would throw a fit like a filly. However she was remaining somewhat calm, well at least compared to her other freak outs that Is.

When Octavia got to her, and slowly began to comb Vinyl’s hair from the top to the bottom. Everything was going fine at first, expect for when she got halfway though because Vinyl’s hair was beginning top right up like plants from soil. She wasn't bothered by it, so Octavia began to comb them down again. Finally just when she was done with that, Octavia began comb her hair again. The hairs then popped back up into their natural state, alright really just stay down please just stay down. Octavia once again began to comb them, and once again they returned to their natural state. At this point she began to notice a pattern, and really didn't want to put up with it. So she decided to stop it by using some hair gel on it, after all Octavia wasn't a unicorn so she couldn't magic the hair.

After Octavia got the gel and calmed Vinyl’s hair the rest of the preparation went fairly smoothly. Well besides the fact that Vinyl was mixed with nervousness, a little bit frustration from the lessons, and other things she had to keep inside. Octavia had some of Vinyl was feeling, but didn't really let some of the rest of those things bother her. So now it was time to go to Chart Topper's, and end this thing.

Author's Note:

Well people here it is, and that's all I have to said really. Well besides Chapter 3 is now done, and will be added later today. So yeah again I hope you all enjoyed it, and see you all later.