• Published 4th Mar 2014
  • 370 Views, 0 Comments

Diamond Dice - Write Holiday



When a normal visit between Princess Celestia and Princess Twilight Sparkle takes an unexpected turn, the fate of Equestria changes for ever.

  • ...
 0
 370

The meeting

Celestia, a wonderful ruler of a wonderful land. She has lead Equestria through so many rough times that I can't even begin to explain how good of a princess she is. Many citizens look up to me due to my connection with her, and although the popularity isn't what I hoped for, the questions I get are still unnerving. In this last diary entry that any of us will be doing, I will explain how Celestia, the ruler before me, had managed to stay how powerful she was and avoid any sort of uprising. She has been here for thousands of years, and it's time her secretes are given to all. It's time my secrets are given to all.

20 years ago

"Hi Twilight." Fluttershy walks into Twilight's house, noticing that the usually orginaized library is cluttered with books, papers, quills, ink, and rocks.

"Fluttershy? Oh, good, here, take these to the the train station and watch them please, I'll be right there, thanks." Twilight runs back down into her basement and slams the door behind her.

"Wait, twilight?" No answer. Reluctantly, Flutterhsy picks up the four bags and struggles to walk to the door. She drops the bags and realizes that she won't be able to do this alone. She sees Rainbow flying above her and waves her down.

"Hey Fluttershy! What's up?" Rainbow Dash asks, just getting off of her shift.

"I'm taking these to the station for Twilight."

"Would you like some help?"

"I'd hate to bother you Rainbow, but could you?"

"No problem." The two of them bring the bags the to the station. They each sit down, panting afterwards. "Finally. I mean, what the hay is in these? Rocks?!" Rainbow forces her way into the heaviest of the bags, and a pile of rocks fall out. "They are rocks! Why in the world would she need rocks?"

"Hey! Don't open the others, please, thank you both for bringing them here." Twilight says, running up to her friends. The train pulls into the station. "Oh, it's here, ok, I'll be leaving. Tell the others I said by." She jumps onto the train.

"Wait! Twilight?" Rainbow yells, but there isn't a response.

"All aboard!" The conductor yells. It begins to pull out and it quickly is lost in sight.

Rainbow struggles to gather her thoughts. "Ok, what just happened?"

"Um, I think she left with the bags."

"No, I mean, never mind."

Back on the train, Twilight opens the other bags. She takes out a pice of paper, a quill, and some ink. She begins to write a diary entry, she will add this to the journal later. She lies down, drifting to sleep. The door opens, waking her. "Ms. Sparkle? Your stop will be in about fifteen minutes." A worker says walking into the back room.

"Oh, thank you." After getting prepared, the train screeches to a halt, and she gets off. She looks up, and there is the Canterlot castle. She walks her way up to the castle, and is greeted by Shining Armor.

"Twily! Hey sis, how are you?"

"Oh, I'm fine, thanks. I heard the princess wanted to see me?"

"She sure does, come on, I'll take two of your bags." They walk to the main room, and shining armor leaves, dropping the bags. "See ya' around Twily."

Celestia walks in front of Twilight. "Princess Alicorn Twilight Sparkle. Welcome."

"Princess?"

"I have been ruling Equestria for so long now, so so long. My time is coming to an end."

"Princess, I don't understand. Why did you want to see me?" Twilight becomes nervous, not knowing of what she is talking about.

"I have a phenix for a reason. When it burns, or rather dies, out of the ashes is something better, something more reasonable. Something beautiful. My ashes are going to blow in the wind, and out of them, you shall rise Twilight. You shall become the ruler of Equestria. Did you bring the diamond rocks I requested?"

"Um, ye-yes." She pushes several nervously towards the princes. After a few minutes of levitation, the princess drops five, six sided dice made from the diamond ore.

"Ruling a land and all it's people is impossible to do all on one's own. So, I use different ways to rule. See these dice?" She puts them at Twilight's feet.

"Yes, but they're just dice."

"No. They are the laws. The rules for a flourishing society. Watch." Celestia picks up the five dice, and rolls them across a black and white checkered chess board. They all show six except for one which is showing a five. "29, this will be fun." The pieces on the chess board begin moving. One of the pawns, which is a weather control Pegasus on the right hand of the board, begins moving forward. The dark cloud pieces on the left move forward, and with a force, push the Pegasus piece off the board. Twilight looks outside, and the weather begins darkening over Ponyville and much of Equestria. "You see, fate is by chance. Fate is luck, but simplified. It is my job, as a ruler, to give said fate to the people of Equestria. This is where this board comes into play."

"Princess, I'm not understanding, what are you talking about?"

"Twilight, I have seen factories use unimaginable means just to produce weather, I have seen ponies go insane and be dealt with. I have been cruel and un-tolerable to my own sister. After you showed your true power, I knew the land would be safer with you than it has been with me. But to get from now to then, I created the game of fess, it's chess but with fate being both players. I'm just the one that supplies the players with what they need to play. This being the dice. Every time I roll these dice, the set of numbers that add up from one to six with the five dice will cause an event. This event will then be played out by the board, and will happen in real life. This is how I have been ruling for the past twenty years, and this will be how you will be ruling Twilight." Twilight just stood there, dumbfounded by what she has been told.

"So, you control the lives of thousands upon thousands of ponies with luck and chance?"

"No, by fate. Just like how you will be."

Twilight's voice was becoming louder and angrier. "And what do you mean? You keep saying that I will rule soon, the end for you is near. What? Are you going to die or something?" Celestia is silent, and stares at the board.

"These are for you." She pulls the board towards her and hands Twilight the dice. Twilight notices that Celestia's hoof is somewhat transparent.

"Princess?"

"I have taught you all I know. I taught you that friendship is magic because, well, I never had a friend that wasn't related to me. You will be a great ruler." He voice was beginning to echo in Twilight's ears.

"Wait, princess, what's happening?"

"I have one request other than for you to be a better ruler than I was. Please, take care of Luna." Celestia is almost completely see through now.

"Princess, wait! Please, don't go! I have so much to learn, so much to be taught! Don't go!" Tears find their way into her eyes.

"Be strong my fateful student, be strong."

"Princess!" Celestia was gone. Twilight sits, not knowing what to do or think. She just cries, lost in thought. Shining Armor walks slowly up to Twilight.

"We knew this was coming, we figured it was better she told you. I'm sorry Princess." Shining Armor bows. More royal guards walk in, bowing. There is soon a room filled with bowing royal guards.

"No! Stop bowing, I'm no Princess! I'm just me, I don't deserve this!"

"Twi-I mean princess, you are, you do. You're royalty, you're now the ruler of Equestria."

Author's Note:

Hello again! Sorry for the long wait, it has been very busy, but here it is! My next story! I'm interested to see what you all have to say about it form here to the end. Thank you, and as always, have a wonderful day :D