• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 426 Views, 0 Comments

Tornado Destroyer of Worlds - timeblitz



Tornado and her son have lost everything and now they have to survive on the streets of Manehatten.

  • ...
 0
 426

Chapter 1 The Attic

Chapter 1 The Attic

It was a cold and unforgiving night. Manehatten has seen some bad weather but this was among the worst. Rain was pounding the hard cold stone paths and fog swirled around every corner. It was unfit for anypony to be out, but there was one small family huddling together.

Tornado a Pegasus with a messy blue mane and white coat had her wing stretched protectively over a small blue and yellow colt. She was pulling a wagon behind her and although the process was slow she and the blue colt were making their way towards shelter. In their old but sturdy wagon was a huge bird cage meant for a large adult phoenix, some canned goods, and a few ragged blankets. Inside the phoenix cage sat a raccoon. It was just a normal raccoon, nothing special at all. In fact the only reason the family had this raccoon was to cover up their trail.

The shelter was just up ahead. The two pegasi went through some thinly spread out bushes. Tornado sat her child on her back and flew to the window of the house in front of them. She unhooked the latch keeping it shut then landed inside.

Without a word the colt went over to a small portable oven. When they came to this attic it was stored up here, forgotten. He turned the stove top on then chose a small green pan from the various mismatched cooking utensils.

Tornado flew through the window once more and landed with a soft thud. She went over to her son and set down the canned goods. She then went through the window to gather more supplies. She wasn't wasting any time.

The blue colt who's name was Whirlwind picked up a can opener. He always had trouble with this part and when his mother came back in and set down the newly acquired blankets she came over and opened it for him before going to get the coon.

Whirlwind poured the canned beans into the pan. He made sure to stir it every few minutes to prevent their supper from burning.

His mother had brought in the coon and had hid the wagon in one of the many untrimmed bushes. She came over and got out two bowls, one which was chipped and cracked but could still hold food, and two spoons.

Whirlwind turned off the oven and poured the beans into the bowls. He and his mother gathered around a small heat giving lantern they had received from a care package back when they lived in an apartment.

Back when Tornado had a job. Back when they didn't need to scavenge the streets in hopes of finding food or warmth. Back when Whirlwind had been able to go to school and make friends. That was all over though. No matter how much they wished they just couldn't go back.

Tornado had once worked as part of the royal guard. She was once an assassin. She wasn't too efficient in her job though and when she had injured her wing they had been more than happy to replace her. Even though the injury would heal.

This job was were she had received her nickname "Tornado Destroyer of Worlds". She hadn't gotten this name as a friendly joke like how two good friends might give each other. No, she had received this nickname for being clumsy and "destroying" most of what appeared on the field of her work.

With the lack of work she and her son quickly lost their apartment. They had been cast out with nowhere to go.

They had soon found shelter in an old mare's house.This elderly pony was Miss Penniesworth. She worked as a banker and her cutie mark was of several bits.

Her husband had died several years ago, making her a widow. He was caught in an ally way at the wrong time. A gang of rowdy ponies called this ally their home and seeing him there made them mad. They beat him up and left him laying there. It had been two hours after his death when the police had found him.

Miss Penniesworth was a kind old mare who unfortunately had hearing problems. This made her the perfect pony to have owned this house. Well at least to Tornado and her son. Every time a loud noise came from her sealed off attic she assumed it was raccoons or rats. This is where their caged coon came in.

Every now and then they would release the coon so that Miss Penniesworth would see him around her yard making her believe her coon theory more. When Tornado wanted him back she would put nuts or berries in the cage so when he got hungry he would return.

However today they would not pull this trick because of the rain. Sometimes the coon would refuse to return to his cage and Whirlwind would chase him hours on end to get him back. Both Whirlwind and his mother couldn't afford to get sick because then they would only have one pony searching for provisions. True this was a harsh life but they made the best of it. After all, the important thing was to survive. Plus if one thought about it, this could have been a lot worse. Every time Tornado looked at ponies who couldn't find shelter she silently thanked Celestia.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony, thanks for checking out my first story. I would like to thank Brilliant Bubbles for giving me inspiration to write this. Second I would like to thank you for reading it. It means a lot to me that ponies would actually check it out. Feel free to point out any mistakes and what you thought. ^^ -TimeBlitz