• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 272 Views, 1 Comments

Little Beam of Light - OneSingleClick



Sometimes the smallest, most meaningless things, can change so much.

  • ...
 1
 272

Thus a plot is built

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The story begins at my school, 13 years ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat alone in the back of the classroom, waiting for the bell to ring so I could escape this hell.
All the other foals did is swear at me, I had no one to defend me, the teachers didn't care, it's each pony for themselves in this school.

Just when I thought I couldn't take anymore, the bell finally rung.
Finally, for the rest of the day, until tomorrow, I can be free.


--
I was walking home from school, almost bouncing out of excitement.
The sidewalks where icy, and it was hard to prevent falling icicles from falling into your head.


I finally arrived home, I walked into the small house, and I opened the door to find no one home, as usual. "I'm home!" I said to myself meekly, knowing that nopony would hear me.
Mom and dad both worked until 9:30 PM, so most of the time it was just me, I was used too it.

The house was small, old, and almost caving in on one part of the kitchen. I walked into my bedroom to drop my homework off, my dog, who honestly was my only friend, named Dinky, was laying on my bed as he always is.

Dinky was special to me, he brought light into my life. Even though he was black as night, his way of being loyal and kind to me was like a bright light leading me to the end of a dark tunnel.

"Hey Dinky!" I said, as I went over to get a treat from my saddlebag.
"I missed you at school. I wish I didn't have to go to that hellhole." I said as I gave Dinky the treat.
Dinky chewed on the treat playfully, until fully eating it, then he let out a little whimper, looking towards a tree outside my window.
"What's wrong Dinky?"
He growled at a floating object outside of my bedroom window, it was hard to see from inside my bedroom, so I went outside too inspect it.

"I'll be back in 30 minutes give or take, don't cause any trouble,"
I told Dinky as I put on my gloves and scarf.


As I walked outside, the strange floating object in the tree was becoming more clear.
It seemed to be a little..... Beam of light.

Author's Note:

I keep on forgetting that I'm writing a pony story and not a human story, so if you see any errors such as "Everybody", "Hands", or anything that should be pony-like, please point it out to me in the comments! Thank you!


Also: The pony in this story is Derpy. Sorry if it's not obvious by now!