• Published 15th Jan 2014
  • 589 Views, 11 Comments

The Elder Ponies : Skymare - monkeylegs



Skyrim. A land in war, with dragons attacking from every side. It is a land in need of a hero, a strong man with knowing of the thu'um. Thats not exactly what they get.

  • ...
2
 11
 589

Unbound - Finish

Pinkie knew what she was supposed to do, and searched the imperials for a key. She took some armor, weapons, and a key.

"That's it! Come on, lets get out of here before that dragon brings this hole tower down on our heads!" Ralof said.

The two continued on, Pinkie quite fearful. "Look out!"

Some of the wall fell in front of them, Pinkie jumped back.
They coughed, dust was everywhere.
When it finally cleared, Ralof talked.
"Damn, that dragon doesn't give up easy..."

Pinkie pushed open the door, and they walked in to hear talking.

"Death to the empire!" Ralof yelled.

"You won't leave Helgen alive!" An imperial yelled, pulling out his sword as Ralof swung his.

Pinkie thought of fire and held out her hoof, and it happened. Fire, burning, painful fire. Pinkie didn't like this, she was just WAITING for her to recharge so she can go back to Sugarcube Corner and go to bed, its already over half way.

She noticed the quick effectiveness of Ralof's axes, and the slow painful death of her fire. She looked through her inventory, and took an imperial sword.

"A store room. See if you can find any potions, you'll need them." Ralof said, looking around.

She sheathed her weapon, and looked in some barrels, finding many potions and taking them all, she also decided to take some food is she gets hungry before she recharges, or maybe to bring back home to Ponyville, then she found something horrible, a dead bunny handing by its foot on a rope. Who would do that? Rabbits don't hurt ponies, those imperials do, so whats up with killing animals? She was grossed out by the sight, and looked for some more apples, ale, and sweetrolls. She likes sweetrolls. While she was looking, she also found some gold coins that looked like bits, only different designs.

She was done, and they moved on.

"Trolls blood! Its a torture room!" Ralof said.
Pinkie was scared on too many levels.

"Hear that?"

Two nords, one of them being Ralof, fought two imperials. Pinkie looked at and unsheathed her imperial sword, and charged at one of the imperials. Her short height of 4" feet made her only get a stab in the legs, since she also stumbled a bit. The three fighting easily killed off the two imperials, she discovering that it was the torturer and his assistant.

"Was jarl Ulfric with you?" Ralof asked the other nord.

"No, I haven't seen him since the dragon showed up." She answered.

"Wait a second, it looks like theres something in this cage.." Ralof said, "See if you can get it open with some picks. We might need that gold once we get out."

She had no idea how to pick locks. Oh well, ought to give it a try.

She attempted picking it with her hoof gripped around a knife and her mouth on a pick, she tried to find the right spot and it broke. She tried again, it broke. Once more, she finally opened it! She took four gold, a magicka potion, some mage clothes, and a book.

They went walking and running for a few minutes, Pinkie was waiting for her to recharge, and it was silent.
The soldier broke the silence,
"I wonder if theres any more imperials here.." She said, slightly shaking her head as they walked.
She heard talking, and Pinkie closed her eyes for a second and sighed, knowing what follows. She then unsheathed her weapon. She charged at an imperial as the other two also did, and she was hit. She hit his armor, making a good blow to the stomach, and he hit her in the head with the broad side of a sword, which hurt more then you'd think.
"You won't leave Helgen alive!" He yelled.
He then had his head chopped off by the soldier, Ralof was fighting a different few. Pinkie only had a bruise, and went on to fight.
She stabbed a few imperials, almost got hit in the hoof, and continued waiting. After they fought, Pinkie rubbed her head which continued hurting after she was hit,

"I'll keep watch in case Ulfric comes through here. Talos guide both of you." The soldier said, she ran to the entrace.

"Come on, this way." Ralof said, looking at the mare. Pinkie trotted over to him, and the two went on, Pinkie hoping they'd get out of here soon enough.
"Lets see where this goes." Ralof pulled a lever, and a large wooden 'wall' fell down on the other side, turning out to be a bridge.
They both went across, and came upon an area that looked more cave-like then dungeon-ish. Once again, they heard a loud ground-shaking roar above of them, causing Pinkie to stumble a little. Then, the roof behind them fell in blocking the entrance, meaning they couldn't go back.
"No going back that way, then.." Ralof said. "We'd better push on, the rest of them will find another way out."
They searched a patch looking for a place to go.
"Hmm.. that doesn't go anywhere..." He said, "...I guess we better try this way."
Pinkie trotted down the second path, Ralof following.

It was a possible way out, but freedom always comes with a price. Spiders. Not your normal,average, everyday house spiders. These guys were big! They were big as a large wagon wheel, or a filly! This is something spike has to be afraid of. Pinkie didn't want to get too close, and thought about fire and started burning them.

"What would Fluttershy think about this.." She finally said something.

The spiders began trying to bite her, to which she backed up, Ralof was hitting one with two one-handed axes, which it died. She was blinded with a burning pain in her eyes for a second, when a spider spit poison onto her face. She then wished she could heal somehow, then she remembered the healing potions. She stopped thinking about fire and quickly grabbed a healing potion from her mane, where she stores everything. She popped open the cap and gulped down the entire thing, which instantly made the poison disappear and everything stop hurting, also making the bruise from earlier disappear. Then she grabbed an imperial sword, and did something she didn't expect she even could do, in all seriousness. She jumped up, and stabbed the spider in the back, the entire sword coming through it, then pulling it out, the spider dead. They had killed all the spiders by now, Ralof was being more productive with him killing maybe 10, and Pinkie killing 1.

"I hate those damn things.. Too many eyes, you know?" Ralof said, looking at one of the large, dead 8 eyed creatures.

Pinkie noticed she somehow had some dark green bottles in her mane, and took up some venom since it'd be a painful poison for the nest horrid beast they have to fight.

They ran on past the spider cave, Pinkie saw a small like far ahead, and began to run.

"Hold up! Theres a bear just ahead. See her?" Ralof said, putting an arm out infront of her, stopping Pinkie. She looked for a bear, and found a larger brown figure in front of the light.

"I'd rather not tangle with her now right now. Let's try to sneak by. Just take it nice and slow, and watch where you step." Ralof continued. "Or if you're feeling lucky, take this bow. Might take her by surprise."
"Go ahead, I'll follow your lead and watch your back."

She liked the bow, thought it'd be useful since its far range like magic, but does quick fast damage like a sword. But she still didn't feel like seeing more dead animals, and definetly not killing some for herself. Ponies are omnivores, but the only animal stuff they'd ever eat is eggs or milk. The only reason they keep pigs at Sweet Apple Acres is they're great at finding truffles, and its impossible to say those ponies in Canterlot aren't willing to by some 'fancy' chocolate for a price that could fix granny Smith's back.

She took the bow just in case she wakes the poor peaceful thing up, got low, and walked next to the wall, as far from the bear as she can. She tried to be quiet, which was easier since her mane muffled all the sounds of the things she stored, and her hooves were covered in some fur so there was no noise of that. She got past the bear, which she then stood up. The two ran on, Pinkie feeling she was close to getting out and not having to kill anything anymore.

"Looks like the way out! I knew we'd make it!" Ralof said, both of the two smiling.
They climbed up the snow, and everything was bright, brighter then the dark dusty burned town of Helgen. The sky was bright and blue, there were some pretty fluffy white clouds, and the bright green evergreens.

"Wait!"

It felt like an earthquake. The dragon flew away, roaring.

"Looks like its good. Not coming back this time." He said, "No way to know if anyone else made it out alive, But this place is going to be swarming with Imperials soon. We'd better clear out of here."
Pinkie was relieved she was out, and it seemed only like maybe 1 or 2 hours. She was almost done recharging.
"My sister, Gerdur, runs the mill in Riverwood, just up the road. I'm sure she'd help you out." Ralof said. "Its probably best if we split up, Good luck. I wouldn't have made it without your help today."
The two split up, and Pinkie went on to Riverwood, luckily not finding a single creature.