• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 395 Views, 1 Comments

The Crystal's Shadow - HexGirl



Sombra, one of the most ruthless rulers of all Equestria. What could have made him this way though? His past was never revealed to us by the show so I took upon myself in The Crystal's Shadow.

  • ...
1
 1
 395

Chapter 2

The next day I met up with Starswirl before class.
"Hey Sombra." Starswirl greeted me.
"Hi," I started. "do you mind if I ask you something?"
"Go ahead."
"Have you ever had an interest in magic?"
"Why? What have you heard?" Starswirl sounded panicked.
"Nothing, I just had a dream where you planned to make a journal of magic and..."
"Are you doing anything after school today?" Starswirl cut me off.
"Not that I know of." I replied.
"Good, meet with me and I shall take you to my home."

After school that day I obeyed Starswirl's wish and allowed him to escort me to his house. We didn't speak along the way. Upon arrival at a nice house concealed by a yard of trees and bushes, Starswirl opened the front door and ushered me in.
"Your answer llies in the back room." he stated closing the door.
The hall was long. Too long it seemed. A vicous door stood proudly at the end slowly growing with each step I took. Now only a few inches from me, the door seemed to shimmer and glow omniously as if in warning. Raising a hoof to the door, opening it and even stepping in to the vast room weere all actions done against my senses. Soon I was standing in the middle of a huge collection of books. Black, red, green, and every color inbetween cased the contents of pages and secrets.
"I used to be a stallion. Thing is, magic can be a very tricky thing to deal with. A spell turned me into a filly again. That's why there is so much in here. Year after year to past years I collected the magic of Eqeustria into these guides. My journals are to the left, spell books to the right and research guides straight ahead." Starswirl strolledd past me into the library.
I didn't know where to start. Finally I decided to find the spell books so I could learn how to be a proper unicorn and use magic. Hour upon hour the pages turned and reflected into my mind what they knew. About half of the section had been cleansed of its contents before I had to leave.
The next day I returned and continued to discover my full potential.
"Come." a voice whispered. "Follow my voice."
This wasn't Starswirl's voice and to my knowledge we were the only ones present in the library so who could this be?
"Come forth!" the voice echoed in my head giving me a headache. I followed this time to a crack in the floor between two boards of wood. "Open it." sounded the voice. I slid back the board covering the voice. A key? No, a talking key with no mouth. "Find the lone, discarded book and unlock it." the voice was very hypnotic now.
"Why should I?" I fought back against the spell.
"I can sense yourh agony, your lust for revenge. Anything you want, anything, can be givin to you. Just find the book. Now follow." the voice shifted to elsewhere in the library.
Within a few minutes I located a book in solitude. A book shoved behind the bookcase and left to be forgotten.
"Good, now open the lock and read your destiny."
I brought the book from the shadows and swiftly clicked open the lock.
"You better go home before your mother get mad." Starswirl's voice mad me jump.
"Oh... yeah. See you tomorrow." I said as I slipped the book behind my mane and backd out of the library.
Months passed and Starswirl never mentioned my strange behavior on that day. Day after day I would go back to library nervous he would ask. Everything was going fine until Starswirl fell asleep and I lost track of time. By the time I realized the time I was almost an hour past curfew.