• Published 24th Feb 2014
  • 253 Views, 0 Comments

Ace the beginning - RoyalEquestrianairforce



Follow the hoovesteps of the legendary equestrian fighter ace, Flame flyer, from birth, to when she had first air engagement.

  • ...
 0
 253

The Raid

Saturday brought a bright clear day to Northern Equestria, no clouds were in sight, Flame Flyer and Eclipse (real name being Sky Soarer) were climbing Equus mountain, the highest in Equestria with a height of 7,939 feet above sea level. Equus mountain was part of a group of mountains called the Merychippus Mountains. At the summit Flame Flyer and Sky Soarer enjoyed the view that surrounded them both, it took their breath away, all that could be heard was the tranquil howling wind. Then their peace was shattered with the passing by of an F-15d of 98 squadron re-doing that intercept mission. It screamed by the summit at 600 mph, then came another F-15, this time a corona enveloped the aircraft, indicating that it was going faster than the speed of sound, the awesome speed knocked Flame Flyer and Sky Soarer over like they were bowling pins hit by a bowling ball, the boom shook the ground like it was an earthquake, then there was the afterburners which looked like a pair of angry devil eyes as the F-15 zoomed into the distance, "Bloody hell that was forceful," Flame Flyer shouted as there was still a lot of noise coming from the angry afterburners.

Later that evening they checked in to a hotel in the Crystal empire which was on the outskirts of the city,the palace really showed it's vast size compared to all the other buildings that bowed down to it. This building makes the Burj Khalifa in Dubai look like a pen compared to it!

Meanwhile in the New Lunar Republic, two Tu-160 Blackjack bombers were being prepared in underground hangar and within minutes of being prepared, were making their way for take off, each Tu-160's pair of four engines made a roar so loud that it could be heard from more than 20 miles away, the reheat lighted up the sky like no other aircraft and after they both gone, they were destined for a raid. The Tu-160's were flying over the Pliohippus sea at 150 feet with their wing fully swept back, they were doing about 650 mph. The Tu-160's maintained their height so that the surface to air missiles did not lock on. When they passed the S.A.M sites, the Tu-160's broke off, one heading for Manehattan and the other for Crystal Airbase, home to Apache attack helicopters and EH 101 Merlin Transport Helicopters. The Tu-160 going for Manehattan swept its wings forward and climbed to 1,000 to start it's bombing run, panic started on the streets, and ponies were evacuating the city. Bombs started dropping on inner Manehattan. A lot of destruction was caused with three Skyscrapers falling into the streets and going through the ground like it was made of water several other skyscrapers were seriously damaged and on fire. Luckily no pony was killed, due to the evacuation. The Tu-160 put it's wings back to fully swept position and made it's way over the Pliohippus sea and went home.

The second Tu-160 got ready to start it's bombing run, Bombs were being dropped on Apaches and Merlin's, the Helicopters when hit were flipped over and part's were scattered over the airfield, the mission seemed a success, but a S.A.M locked onto the aircraft and hit it underneath the tail fin, which was then ripped off with some of the fuselage, but by chance, the Tu-160 flew into the control tower, killing the operators, on the ground, 17 crew were killed by shrapnel and helicopter part flying in all directions. The damage cost of the raid was estimated to be billions.

The raid was all over the news channels, all over the world. The President of Equestria had said this on the news, "Tonight, two Tu-160 Blackjack bombers attacked Manehattan and Crystal Air base, there have been 17 deaths only at the airbase, that is why, Equestria has declared war on the New Lunar Republic."

Flame Flyer had actually watched the Tu-160 attack the airbase in Horror, she sought for revenge, she put on an angry face through the window and then said to Sky Soarer, "Bastards are gonna pay for this."