• Published 10th Jan 2014
  • 1,182 Views, 10 Comments

Warriors - Saviour From The Dark



Equestria has been under attack from all sides for years now, Griffins, Dragons and just about everything else in the whole world..............Lacking the knowledge to fight back without using their magic Celestia see's no other option..........

  • ...
4
 10
 1,182

The First of Many

Warriors

The First of Many

It was a beautiful night, the stars shinned so bright and the moon only made the spectacle all the more beautiful. The skies in Thailand were usually clear yet this night was especially beautiful, there were definitely lovers gazing at the beauty above tonight. Although over in the vibrant jungles of Thailand there was a particular man who had his eyes focused elsewhere, as well as his mind among other things. Out in the jungle near Chaiya District was a small wooden hut, the wood was dark and helped keep it secluded in the dense jungle.

However there was no sign of any current occupant, except for a mostly melted candle behind the window. Yet if one were to go for a short but enchanting walk you would find a lone tree next to a rocky embankment which sunk into a swiftly flower river, the sound of flowing water eased any who would stop to listen. Under this tree was a man, currently weaving back and fourth striking what seemed to be thin air but a man nonetheless, and hanging from it at around neck height where small lemons.

A stranger to this scene would be bewildered and worrying for the man's sanity as he struck the lemons to then weave out of it's way to strike another, this was what some would call his zone or a place/moment of self expression. To any onlooker the sight would be strange as it was fascinating, his movements thoughtlessly coordinated as his strikes struck swiftly yet with power.

The lemons he stuck swung back and fourth in an attempt to hit him however before they even got close he had already struck a lemon and moved on to his next target, the strange combinations of elbows, fists and slaps made for a fluid defense against his multiple attackers.

Said man's body was relaxed and seamlessly fluid as he slid between and below his swinging opponents. With each strike came a rapid exhale, relaxing his body further as he struck. It was only when sweat was dripping onto the grassy ground below and his controlled breaths became shaky, a thin layer of sweat made his arms and forehead gleam slightly.

After he halted the swinging of the lemons he took a seat next to on the embankment and looked into the clear water flower past him. He sat upon the soft grass and crossed his legs, admiring every sound and sight as he did. The sound of insects in the night was complimented by the flowing river, a symphony of nature which only few allowed to truly enchant them.

His near-black eyes reflected the moonlight as he admired it's beauty, he was awed by the stars which adorned the dark cloak of the night sky. After admiring the night sky his gaze drifted to the running river, he was almost torn between the two sights. Now observing the clear river as the moonlight reflected off of it's surface, a natural glow was granted to the river. The man 's reflection showed a head of short and black messy hair, there was a natural shine to his hair which reflected the moonlight. His skin was a dark tan, more due to Thailand's weather rather than a natural tan. Covering his lean body was a black tank top and red shorts though he wore no shoes, his preference was barefoot as he found it comfortable.

Unknown to him as he shut his eyes, the river began to glow white as the moonlight spread across a small portion of the body of water. Soon the radiating light could not be ignored........His eyes snapped open as he swiftly returned to his feet. For some reason unbeknownst to him, he had an urge to step into the water.

Having learned over years to trust his instinct, he stepped into the pool of tingling liquid. The sensation of tingling felt like electricity passing over his skin instead of putting him on edge it in fact did the opposite, as his body became incredibly loose. As he stepped further and further into the radiant light his body became weightless and his sight was blinded by an overwhelming light.

In Equestria.......

"Sister are you sure it worked?"

"It must have.......The spell sustained itself and I can still feel-"

A burst of light suddenly caught the sisters off guard. Before them........Upon it's knees was, hopefully, what they had attempted to summon to their aid. The Princesses watched the creature before them slowly come to stand upon it's feet and with an expected expression of confusion upon it's features, they had an empathy towards the being they had summoned.

The being they hoped was a Human, he certainly matched the description, looked over the Princesses and took in the unique appearance of each. He strangely admired the oddly beautiful appearance they each held, one consisting of dark blues and blacks while the other was stark white with a mane consisting of a multitude of colors.

Celestia took a breath before approaching the Human. "Greetings, I hope your journey was comfortable".

"I-I don't understand what is going on here, what is this place?"

What they were not expecting was the deep yet calm voice.The Human looked around, noticing he was in an extremely long and tall chamber. He admired many stained glass windows which seemed to capture critical moments in history. "You are in our Throne Room. This is our Castle which is in Canterlot".

"Well........The information certainly helps me attain some level of clarity. What exactly am I here for? There must be a reason?"

The Human was a lot calmer than they expected, in honesty they had a small detachment of guards waiting just outside the doors. "You see, you are in Equestria a land which has experienced unprecedented peace for most of it's entire existence. Unfortunately just recently we have come under attack from factions with more proficiency in........Violence". Celestia said that last word with spite.

"So......You wish for me to battle armies? I don't know what you know of me yet I believe we should exchange names, don't you?" He gestured towards Luna.

Luna stepped forward, with enthusiasm and a smile. "I am Luna, Princess of the night and I raise the moon at night to lower it for my sister to raise it when morning comes".

" I am Celestia and as you can tell I raise and lower the sun, obvious when you think about it". The mare gave a respective bow of the head.

He returned her gesture. "You may call me Luk, not my native name but it's what I would prefer".

A smile was directed towards both Princesses. "Now back to my question, how do you expect me to deal with these threats?"

Luna looked at Celestia before receiving an approving nod form her sister. "We have been searching many worlds who hold those with offensive capabilities yet they are not barbaric and mindless, in short a being who would always hold control over the violence they commit".

"I see.......You wish for me to end the threats towards your people.........Please do explain how you have found yourselves in this situation?"

Sighing, Celestia looked the Human in the eyes. "We are not a violent race, far from it. There are those among us, namely Unicorns and Alicorns, who are capable of using magic. Although magic does have offensive capabilities it is not inherently violent, unless one accustoms themselves in dark magics".

"I see your problem......You wish to defend yourselves without turning to such dark methods?"

"Precisely!" Luna exclaimed. "This is why we brought you here.......In hopes that you can stop the slaughter of our soldiers, who are dying without even having a chance to fight".

The tears in the mare's dark blue eyes only angered the man more. "That isn't even battle.......That is slaughter...."

Celestia placed a hoof on his shoulder. "Will you please help us?"

A moment of contemplation was all that was required for the Human to make his decision. "I suppose I have been waiting for a moment like this all my life, okay I will do my best to help your kind, but how will I do it alone?"

"You won't" They said in unison.

Another blinding light spontaneously radiated within the Throne room. Luk was not going to fight this battle alone........The Princesses made doubly sure of that.

Author's Note:

So sorry if this first chapter was short, though I think it's as long as it needs to be. Hopefully you all enjoy this and I can get some good feedback!

This story will contain violence(obviously), gore and some romance in between the conflicts, maybe during for excitement!

Anyway the rating may go up if it does develop in that direction. See you all next time!