• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 523 Views, 5 Comments

Catherine's Carnival - Cherrylover



A fun yet creepy tale that has the CMC finding their way to a carnival. Though it is not what they are hoping.....

  • ...
 5
 523

CMC Mythbusters!

It was a sunny morning in Ponyville. Everypony was bustling through the busy streets of the market, happy as can be. This was considered a boring life for some though, namely three fillies. Sweetiebelle, a white unicorn with a purple and pink curly mane and a beautiful singing voice. Applebloom, a yellow earth pony with a red mane and a pink bow; and Scootaloo, an orange pegasus with a love for speed on her scooter. That morning, the purple-maned pegasus was feeling extra adventurous than usual, and sped around town until she reached the schoolhouse. Sweetie and Applebloom were waiting for their orange friend to arrive and greeted her with a usual, "So, what kind of crusading do we do today?" On a normal day, the three would always have to think about what they should do to earn their cutie marks for a while. But today, Scootaloo had already came up with a plan. "How about....We become Cutie Mark Crusader Mythbusters?"
Applebloom smiled and said, "Mythbusters! Of course! Why didn't I think of that? So, what myth do we bust?"
Scootaloo's smile turned into a frown."Oh, I didn't really think of that. Oh well! We'll find one later!" That moment the school bell rang and Ms. Cheerilee called for the students.
"All right My little Ponies! Time for class!" A few groans emitted through the yard, but all of the foals entered and sat down. Cheerilee sat down and announced, "Today, we'll be learning about......" Then the usual school day happened. Very few foals actually listened as the others whispered the daily gossip.
"Did you hear about that filly's clothes? So stylish!" "I heard that we're having beets for lunch today! Yuck!" "Did you hear the rumor about this carnival in the Everfree forest?" The last part caught the Crusader's attention. A mysterious carnival? they thought together. Sweetie mouthed to her comrades.That would be the perfect myth to bust! The three softly clapped their hooves together when the teacher's back was turned.


Applejack grunted as she lifted a heavy bucket of apples onto her back. She wiped the sweat of her hot face and brought the bucket to the barn. "I bet these apples will earn us some bits today!" She told her brother. The red colt replied with a simple "Eeyup" and continued working. After there were enough apples, Applejack put the many buckets on a cart and rode into Ponyville market, and, as she predicted, she made a lot of money that day. Applebloom had arrived home at her usual time, deciding to keep her new crusading plan a secret. "Hiya sis!" Applejack greeted and hugged her sister. "I made a lot of bits today! Isn't that great?" Applebloom nodded and walked up to her room. When she got inside, she quickly locked the door and got out a drawing paper and pencil. She moved the pencil on the paper, this way and that, until at last, it formed her greatest desire. A cutie mark!


Sweetiebelle got home and was greeted with a usual "Remember to wash your hooves, Sweetie!" From her big sister, Rarity. Rolling her eyes, Sweetie walked up stairs to her room and locked the door. She took a deep breath and sang, "If there is a mystery, we'll bust it! We'll do it you can trust it!" And hummed her way to sleep.


Scootaloo had decided to live with Rainbow Dash for a while, and asked a pegasus to fly her to the house. When arriving, she hugged her adopted big sister and complimented the cyan pony about her awesomeness. Afterwards, she walked up to her room and buzzed on her scooter, until breaking a pot by accident. Quickly sweeping the bits away, she got into her cloud bed and lulled asleep.