• Published 14th Aug 2014
  • 388 Views, 5 Comments

The Crossing - MidnightRiver



Twilight dies, Zecora tells of a legend to bring her back, so the rest of the mane six set out in search of it but just happen to run into every villan While Starswirl is trying to embody Twilight who is accompanied by Seal, later to be Clover Leaf

  • ...
 5
 388

Prolouge

Twilight's P.O.V

I was back in Ponyville. I had just returned from the Canterlot Palace and the Sun Summer Celebration preparations. It was the third Sun Celebration I attended as The Princess of Friendship. I remember seeing Princess Celestia raise the sun in person and close up for the first time as a filly. Unfortunately, not many fillies, much less adults are able to have such experiences now.

During the time I’ve spent in Ponyville these last four years the population grew ridiculously fast and outside of the normal growth rate for the population. Last year a lot of ponies who came to the celebration in Canterlot were forced to watch from about a mile and a half away from the front. Towards the end of the day, I had caught the expressions of quite a few disappointed ponies despite how much they tried to hide it. We were extremely lucky that we’d also had a lot of farming land we were able to use out West and the Buffalo Tribes were willing to throw out new ideas on how exactly to grow certain kinds of food in such a dry area. Despite all of this there were a lot of housing problems.

Plotting farmland has lead to a lot of space being taken up by said farms and thus we don’t have as much land to build houses on. We’ve been trying to get ponies who are more resistant to cold to settle the North. Shining Armor and Cadence are doing all they can to help them get settled in. In addition, there are the Canterlot Tunnels that people could live in, but all of the princesses are worried about it. After all, with how often Equestria has been attacked, if there’s a strong enough tremor it would be extremely dangerous for those inside.

As I was walking through the town, I don’t quite remember where, or when, but at some point, I was too wrapped up in my own thoughts and somehow and a tree fall on me. I have had a lot of things fall on me before, but that time, took the cake. Somehow, this tree was able to do the job that a piano couldn’t.

It killed me.