• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 2,486 Views, 36 Comments

Of Fairies and Ponies - K.C. Ellison

  • ...
5
 36
 2,486

Chapter 10

“Of Fairies and Ponies”

by K.C. Ellison

-Ten-


The blue earth pony was trotting away into the forest. “Blasted Trixie...stupid ponies. Can this get any worse?” she grunted. Luck was not on her side, as Timmy, Trixie, and the entire town of Ponyville caught up with her. “Where do you think you're going?” asked Trixie. “I'm heading back to my master,” the pony replied. “Master?” asked Twilight. Just then, the air got suddenly cold and a black mist coming from inside the woods formed into a black alicorn standing on top of a rock. “Ahh, speak of the devil!” cried the pony. “Nightmare Moon, she's back!” whispered a fearful pony.

“So that's Nightmare Moon?” asked Trixie. “Meh, she's not so intimidating to me,” added Timmy. Nightmare looked at the townsponies then to the blue pony. “So, you've failed me?” she asked. “Not yet, your highness. With you here, you can help me deal with these wretched ponies,” the blue pony said. “Alright, I'll help you.” Nightmare said. The black alicorn used her horn, but not at the townsponies, but at the blue earth pony! “Wait! What are you doing? Put me down!” cried the mare. Nightmare Moon chuckled evilly. “Didn't your parents ever tell you not to trust strangers? I was using you to make me stronger! Now that I'm at full power, I don't need you anymore! So long...friend!” she shouted. With a powerful blast of magic, the blue pony shrunk into a figure that was familiar to Timmy and Trixie: Tootie.

“NO! MY BEAUTY!” wailed Tootie. As she cried, Nightmare Moon looked back down at the six element holders. “Don't think I've forgotten what you did to me, Elements of Harmony!” she said. “However, things will end differently this time,” she continued with a smirk on her face. The black alicorn spotted Spike, who was with Twilight Sparkle the entire time, clinging to his best friend in fright. The unicorn calmed her dragon assistant down by patting him on the head. “You're going to listen to what I have to say, unless you want your little dragon friend to get hurt!” The group was confused. “What's that supposed to mean?” asked Twilight. What nopony saw was that a black mist grabbed Spike and lifted him next to the black alicorn. Spike, freaking out, tried to break free with little effect. “Oops, I guessed I spoke too early!” Nightmare giggled evilly.

“Spikey-wikey!” cried Rarity, “Let him go, you vile ruffian; he did nothing wrong to you!” “Yeah, I did nothing wrong!” Spike said to Nightmare with wide eyes. “SHUT UP!” she shouted at the small dragon. The black alicorn looked back at the element holders. “Oh, I see you've got new companions: a spoiled brat and a mutant beaver. How lovely!” she said. “Again with this beaver thing? Are you kidding me?” asked Timmy. Nightmare Moon scoffed. “Whatever. We'll settle things once and for all; meet me at the throne room at the Palace of the Night and I'll spare your dragon friend, if you can make it there, that is!” she said with an evil laugh.

Nightmare's mane began to swirl around her. “Rarity, Twilight, help me!” screamed Spike as the black alicorn's evil laugh echoed across the night sky before vanishing into thin air. “This is terrible!” said Twilight. “We have to rescue Spike!” “I know that, Twilight,” said Trixie. “But we need to do something about Rainbow Dash's wings first!” added Timmy. A white earth pony with a red cross cutie mark and wearing nurse's fatigues trotted to them. “Who are you?” asked Trixie. “I'm Redheart, the head nurse at Ponyville Hospital. I might be able to help with this pegasus' wings,” she said. “Um, I've handled mending bird wings; I'm sure I could also help you, Nurse Redheart, um...if that's okay with you,” said Fluttershy. Both she and Nurse Redheart carried the injured Rainbow Dash to a nearby First Aid tent.

Half-an-hour later, Rainbow Dash came out of the tent with her wings bandaged up. Fluttershy was close behind her. “Now ya shore ya gunna be alright?” asked Applejack. “Yeah, I've been in predicaments like this before,” said Rainbow Dash, recalling the time a boulder pinned one of her wings down after her last flight through Ghastly Gulch. “Still, it kinda stinks that I can't fly now,” she added sadly. “Cheer up, Rainbow Dash; at least you're okay,” perked Fluttershy. The two of them smiled.

“Well, now that that's been taken care of, where are we supposed to find the Palace of the Night?” asked Timmy. “It's right over there, silly-filly!” said Pinkie Pie, who was pointing to the east. Timmy and Trixie looked to the direction Pinkie was pointing to, and was surprised to see a giant, elegant palace far off in the distance. “Woah! How didn't I notice that before?” asked Trixie. “That's because you weren't looking for it!” replied Pinkie with a huge grin on her face. The main group just looked at her. “Alright then...Ms. Mare, can you and the rest of the townsponies stay here in case anymore of Nightmare's minions show up?” asked Timmy. “Sure thing, just be careful out there,” the mayor said. “Don't worry, we'll be fine,” Timmy said as the 11 ponies set out on the mission to rescue Spike, unaware that Tootie was following them at a distance.

-x-x-x-

After walking through the woods for some time, Timmy suddenly stopped in his tracks. “Timmy? What's the matter?” asked Twilight. The pink unicorn checked his surroundings. “I don't know, but do you get the strangest thing we're being watched?” he asked. “I get that all the time; it's as if right now, millions of strange beings are watching our every move!” said Pinkie. “I don't think Timmy meant it like that,” commented Trixie. Just then, the group heard the sound of something rustling in the bushes right next to them. “Oh well! I guess it's just my imagination! We should just keep moving and...GOT 'CHA!” Timmy said before using his horn to cut away the bush.

A few shrieks were heard and then something, or somepony, was thrown out into the view of the other ten ponies. “It's that little blue pony from before!” said Fluttershy. “Tootie?” asked Trixie. Indeed, it was her. “What are you doing here?” asked Timmy. “Please, take me with you guys!” pleaded Tootie. “No thanks,” said Twilight.” “But I still have a bone to pick with Nightmare Moon!” she shouted. “It doesn't matter; it's dangerous for a little filly like you,” said Trixie. “But...” Tootie tried to give a reason. “No 'buts'!” said Timmy. “Cosmo, Wanda, Poof! I wish Tootie was back with Veronica at the forest with no memory of what happened!” he then shouted to his godfamily. Tears flowed in Tootie's eyes as Timmy's wish was granted. “Alright then, let's move out!” said Trixie before the 11 ponies continued on their way to rescue their dragon friend.


Please read and review!

--Kellen Clay “K.C.” Ellison