• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 394 Views, 2 Comments

The New Lunar Colony - KoreanLuna



A battle between chaos and harmony. A slow recovery of a nation. Two princesses, one wise but limited, and one naive yet open-minded. And a dozen foals that have suffered under child abuse ever since their rule. What else may befall the Equestrians?

  • ...
 2
 394

Prologue

She trotted up the blue checkered hills. She heard her sister, walking on her right. She could feel the weight of her saddlebags, leaning her hips towards her left. Her indigo coat was covered in scratches. It was all she could do to not wince in pain with every step she took. Her night-colored mane and tail flowed out behind her, sparkling. She could see, out of the fuzzy corner of her right eye, the tip of her elder sister's morning rainbow hair, and a bit of her sister's rosy white coat. Together, they walked towards the back of a tall, wooden throne with antlers attached to its top. Brows furrowed, the two sisters stalked up to it in anger.

Time to put an end to this for once and all.

Just as they stopped, the throne whirled around, pivoting at the peak of the pink-and-purple hill the seat had mounted upon, and the two sisters gazed at the laughing draconequus, his head tossed back.

"Oh, this is so much fun," he chuckled.

Fun for you, she grumbled to herself. The draconequus had caused massive chaos throughout Equestria. Fish were flying, not a single blade of grass was visible on ground level, and several houses and plants had been uprooted and flying around on floating mountain islands.

"How about a game of 'Pin the Tail on the Pony'?" he continued, lifting up a long, sparkling tail with the colors of a morning rainbow.

Wait, what?! She turned to her sister, who seemed more shocked than she was. How freaked out her elder sister must have been to see her own tail in the lion's paw of the draconequus! Her sister's soft gasp was audible enough for her to hear as they both look towards the rosy white pony's flank. Sure enough, the elder sister's tail was gone.

But they were both quick to recover from this discovery. "Playtime is over for you, Discord," her elder sister growled as they both trotted up to the draconequus, eyes narrowed and glaring.

"Oh, I doubt that," Discord said in a lazy manner. He had produced a bag of seeds in the middle of nowhere and was sprinkling the seeds all over the place. Then he popped one of the small, black seeds in his mouth and shivered with delight. "Hungry?" he asked, pretending courtesy, and held the bag out a little bit, scattering a few seeds over their heads. The two princesses only blinked coldly in response as a couple of seeds bopped them each on their heads.

Discord waited, his lion's paw held out, but the princesses clearly had no intention of accepting the seeds. "Suit yourselves," Discord said shrugging and scooped up an eagle-clawful of seeds and shoved them into his mouth.

The indigo pony took this to be the moment. Using her magic, she opened her left saddlebag and lifted out three gems of equal looks. The only differences these gems had with each other were their colors. Carefully, she lifted out each gem. The Garnet of Loyalty, the Topaz of Honesty, and the Sapphire of Laughter. For a split-second, she grinned. Surely she and her sister should be able to defeat Discord with the Elements of Harmony.

The rosy white pony had done the same. The sister had taken out her own elements. Two of the gems that she had possessed were equal in shape to the gems that the younger sister held. There was the Kunzite of Kindness and the Amethyst of Generosity. And there was another gem, different from all the others. A star-shaped gem with six spikes and a bit larger in size than the others. The Ruby of Magic.

Discord, who had been munching on seeds all along, had been taken by surprise. "Oh!" he exclaimed, dropping his bag of seeds. Then his eyes narrowed with greed. "What have you got there?" he said in a teasing voice.

"The Elements of Harmony," the elder sister said, and the two sisters began to levitate the gems around them, creating a magical dome over themselves. The force from the speed of the gems caused their hair to float upward.

"With them, we shall defeat you," the younger sister said. Finally, the moment had come to see if the search for the Tree of Harmony had been worth it. Now was the time to see what the stone fruits of concord could do.

Discord burst into uncontrollable laughter, and flailed around on his throne. "You should see yourselves right now," he managed to say, pointing at the sisters. "The expressions on your face. So intense. So sure of yourselves." He continued to laugh while the sisters' eyes narrowed with cold fury. Then, they joined their horns together, still lit with magic. At once, a huge rainbow rose up in a speedy spiral, reached up into an arc in the sky, then dove down on Discord, still laughing.

"Hilarious!" he cried, and managed to sit up, his lion's paw clutching his stomach and his eagle's claw outstretched towards the sky. He was laughing so hard, he was so sure of his power that he did not witness the rainbow snaking towards him. Only when he felt his body suddenly harden was he aware of the power of the Elements crashing down upon him. But he had no time to complain.

From the sisters' eyes, bright lights flashed, then two ends of a rainbow sprouted, one end in front of them, and the other end behind them. A strong quake surged through the land as the rainbow divided into two and became a circle, then stretched across all of Equestria.

The rainbow, as it passed by, peeled off the shreds of chaos and replaced the checkered hills and floating trees with grass and clouds. But the grass was not a lush green, and the clouds were thick with thunder. Chaos had taken its toll on the nation, once a very harmonic place.

The indigo pony glanced this way and that. Then she turned to the rosy white pony. "Celestia. . . sister. . . what should we do?"

Celestia returned her younger sister's gaze, shaking her head. "I do not know, Luna. But we must strive to bring Equestria to its natural state."

"But how," said Luna, "are we to rebuild Equestria?"

Celestia looked around. "Perhaps we should start building some new shelters, or we should work on restoring the full ripeness of the land," she said. "But I wonder if there are any ponies who haven't fled yet to help u--"

"There they are!" Celestia was interrupted by a loud voice. She whirled around, and her sister followed, and they found a white unicorn stallion with a flat blue mane and a dragging tail cry, "Saviors of Equestria! They are our future rulers!"

Then more ponies rushed up the hills, gathering to greet the two bewildered sisters. Mares and stallions, fillies and colts formed a single mob around the twosome and lifted them both high into the air.

"Long live Celestia and Luna!" the ponies cried with ecstasy, their joy echoing throughout the vicinity. "Long live Equestria's true princesses!"

Author's Note:

Wow, this must have been really random for some of you readers. Anyway, hi, I'm KoreanLuna, and I've been dying to get started on this story. You will not believe how much I yearned for this fanfic to come to life!

Well, gotta go. If you have any questions or criticisms, please, leave them in comments or privately message me, and I'll answer them ASAP. Bye!