• Published 25th Nov 2013
  • 787 Views, 2 Comments

The Greatest Forces of the Royal Army - Blue Spark



It may not seem much now but at one point in time, the royal army had two factions that defined them, that represented their strength, who were the true image of heroism.

  • ...
1
 2
 787

Chapter 1

The Greatest Forces of the Royal Army
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic © Hasbro & Lauren Faust
Pretty sure Hasbro owns Transformers too...
By: Blue Spark

/)\*Chapter 1*/(\
A Simple Exercise

Two beings stared each other down, the sounds of battle around them, though that didn't seem to hinder the fact that they could easily hear each other's ragged breath.

"You're getting weak Prime, I can already see victory will be mine at long last!" Stated one of the fighters and he let bellowed out a loud laugh.

"Think again Megatron! While I can still breathe you will never win." Prime stated as he got back into a fighting position.

"One shall stand, one shall fall Prime. And this time I'm gonna make sure you stay down!" With that said Megatron charged, preparing to throw a right punch, grinning like a maniac.

Prime blocked the punch and returned it with a quick jab into Megatron's gut, knocking the wind out of him for a moment but only that much. Megatron then grappled Prime and tried to pick him up.

"Ngh!" He grunted as he threw him over head, turning around only to see Prime reorient himself before landing firmly on the ground.

"You're going to have to better then that Megatron!" He shouted as he rushed in for a left, expecting it when Megatron blocked and then going in with his right but was surprised when Megatron suddenly grabbed his strike and brought him close.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk, you're going to have to do better then that Optimus." Megatron whispered with a smirk as he brought his head back.

"What-" Optimus was cut off when suddenly Megatron headbutted him right in the face.

Megartron let Optimus go and stepped back as he threw out a random jab at him while rubbing his face.

"Hahahah!" Today Optimus is the day you-" Prime didn't let him finish as he suddenly tackled him, listening to the sound of Megatron's voice and they started to roll, every now and then one of them would throw in a punch or launch a kick.

Eventually they separated again, though this time they looked much worse.

"It's time to finish this, Optimus." Megatron challenged, growling as he readied all of his remaining strength for one more attack.

"Agreed." Prime stated solemnly as he too got ready for the final exchange.

Both fighters stared at each other dead on, waiting for the other to make a move. The sounds of the surrounding battle began to fade as well as all other signs of the outside world. Whoever made the first move loses, though if you wait too long then you loose your best chance.

Finally, as if an invisible signal was given, both combatants charged and reading to throw a punch with all their might.

*THWACK*

The sound seemed to echo as both warriors landed their punch, aiming for the other's face.

Both strikes hit their mark.

They stayed frozen for what seemed eternity, each others punches connected with their opponents face.Then, with a slight groan their fighting strength left them and they both fell on their backs, and they begin to register sound again.

"What is the meaning of this!?" Came a voice that was quickly drawing nearer.

With a glance the warriors looked up to see a white Unicorn stallion with an electric blue mane. He was adorned in purple royal guard armor rush over to-

"Uh... Grandpa?"

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

*Sigh*

The old unicorn glared at the foal who interrupted him.

"What is it High Octane?" Sighed the grizzled Unicorn in an exasperated tone.

"Well, uh... I don't mean to be rude but what happened to Cybertron?" He asked sheepishly.

"Yeah!" Continued the Pegasus. "You were talking about the planet Cybertron and stuff so I thought that you were talking about aliens but the Unicorn sounds suspiciously a lot like Shinning Armour, and he's a pony. Are you saying that this battle was in Canterlot?" The colt said confused with Octane nodding beside him.

"Yes Iron Bolt, the battle was occurring in Canterlot." The Unicorn said, throwing out the word 'battle' loosely.

"Then why even mention Cybertron in the first place?"

"To get your attention, why else?" The Unicorn replied a little agitated, obviously annoyed that he was having the conversation instead of telling the tale.

"So you mean to tell us that you lied?" The Unicorn said, sounding a little disappointed.

"Now I never said it was a lie." He said, getting the colt's attention.

"Then why don't you just tell us already..." The Pegasus replied, fidgeting a little.

"Well then, where would the fun be if I just out right told you what the secret was?" The old Unicorn replied with a smile that he hasn't shown in a long time.

"Now then, with out any further interruptions..."

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

Shinning Armour cantered over to the two ponies lying on their backs.

"Greetings Captain Armour..." Muttered Megatron as he struggled to get to his hooves.

He chanced a glance at himself to make sure that everything was in working order. His royal night guard armor wasn't that badly damaged. He had several dents and scrapes on it but it was mostly from previous battles that he and his company partook in. Checking his body his pure white coat was a little off-set from it's normal color due to the dirt that he got from the ground. His mane and tail also seemed fine despite the bit of dirt, though it didn't show very well since it was a very dark gray, if not black. On his flank was the mark that represented the army under his command, the Decepticons. A quick glance up and he also confirmed that his horn was perfectly fine.

Overall, a few bruises but he was otherwise unharmed.

Looking over to Optimus Prime in his day guard armor he looked to be in just about the same condition. The red Pegasus dusted himself off and ran a quick hoof through his dark blue mane to get the dirt out. A bright red symbol even brighter then his red coat adorned his flank that represented his own army, the Autobots.

He then turned to Shinning Armour and saluted, his cyan blue eyes starring off in front of him.

"Captain." Optimus stated in attention.

Megatron scoffed at him but begrudgingly followed his example.

"Captain." He grumbled, glaring at him with his fiery red eyes.

Shinning Armour shook his head and looked at the battle going on around him.

"What the hay is going on!?" He said in surprise.

When he didn't get a response he turned to the two commanders and realized he forgot something.

"Er, at ease..."

Both guards lowered their salute and Megatron stepped forward.

"This is just a simple training exercise Captain, nothing more." He spoke as he calmly looked over the carnage of fighting Autobots and Decepticons.

If Shinning Armour was drinking a glass of water he would have performed a spit-take.

"Wh- A- What!? A simple training exercise!?" He said in shock.

Megatron nodded but Prime stepped forward to clarify.

"I know it seems brutal sir, but the guards don't really have the training they need to fight properly."

"Are you saying that you think the guard training is inadequate commander?" The Captain glared.

"No, what I'm saying is that I'm sending my men to fight then I want to give them a better chance that they'll come back out alive." Optimus replied matter of factually.

Megatron smirked inwardly as it looked like the captain still looked angry but he sighed instead as he gave both of the commanders a firm look.

"I'll talk to you both later about how we train the guards but right now I want you to stop this fighting this instant." He ended with a stomp of his hoof.

Megatron frowned but reluctantly complied, turning to the two fighting factions.

"Decepticons, stand down!" He shouted, though only a few were able to hear him and tried to break it up.

With a growl his horn lit up and he took in a deep breath.

"DECEPTICONS, STAND DOWN AND FALL IN!!!" He shouted in, what most would say is, the royal Canterlot voice.

At the sound of this all of the Deceptions immediately either threw off who they were fighting and lined up in front of him.

"Autobots, fall into formation!" Optimus Prime called and the rest of the Autobots obeyed.

Eventually they had both Autobots and Decepticons standing at attention in front of them.

"You have all fought well and hard today, training is over. You are all dismissed unless you have other duties to attend to." And with that the soldiers all walked back to their respective bunks or started chatting with one another. More than a few though headed towards the infirmary.

"Alright, both of you, come with me." Shinning Armour said as he nodded towards the castle.

Megatron and Optimus Prime glanced at each other before following.

Author's Note:

Well now, got quite a few fave's for this story already.
I'll be able to update this faster then Follow Your Heart since the chapter's will be shorter.
Anyway, happy Thanksgiving!!! :D

Furthermore, I have no idea about anything relating to military ranks.
To me, Commander sounds like a higher position than Captain though looking it up that is the rank of Shinning Armour when he was part of Celestia's royal guard, a Captain.
So if a Commander is actually a high ranking then Captain then I apologize and I'll have to figure out a different ranking to give Optimus and Megatron that still sounds cool...