• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,060 Views, 14 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Problem - JP Jackson



Pinkie falls in love with a young Stallion, but pinky doen't even know that she's in love! Can her friends help her understand what love is so she can meat he one true love?

  • ...
3
 14
 1,060

2: What is Love (Foal Don't Hurt Me)

Pinkie was baffled, confounded and bewildered, but mostly bamboozled.

“What?” Was all she could manage as a response to Rarity’s comment.

“Love, darling, you’re in Love!”

“What does that mean? Is that some sort of spell? Does Twilight know the counter spell?”

Rarity tittered at Pinkie’s apparent confusion and fear (Ferusion?).

“Don’t worry! Love is a wonderful thing, not some nasty curse.” She paused here and glared out the window, as if straining down some unseen foe.

“Some Stallions are though.” She hissed.

Changing moods as quick as a wink she tuned back to Pinkie, who she had just finished measuring.

“Well, I’ll get started on your dress, and see you in a little while,” she said packing up her things.

“Oh Celestia, this is quite exciting!”

She trotted out giddily giggling all the while. Pinkie turned to Twilight.

“What is love?” she asked.

Twilight scrunched up her face in thought.

“That’s… not an easy question,” she said mournfully.

“Have you ever been in love Twilight?”

Twilight nodded solemnly.

“Once or twice I certainly thought I was in love, but I would soon revert back to calling them ‘just friends.’”

They sat in silence for a little while until Twilight spoke up.

“Love is, a feeling you get, kind of like really good friendship, it’s part of evolution, to help us reproduce.”

Pinkie thought, she loved to make friends, but she wasn’t quite sure this was the same feeling that she got when she made a friend.

“Sorry, I’m not that well versed on the subject. Why don’t you ask Rarity? I’m sure she’s had quite a few Coltfriends.”

Following this advice, Pinkie trotted off to Carousel Boutique.

Inside, Rarity was busy stitching together a flowing blue gown. She turned as Pinky entered.

“Ah, Pinky! Come to see how your dress is coming along?”

“Why are you making me a dress?”

“Why, for when-.” But Rarity stopped herself midsentence covering her mouth with her hoof. Pinkie oblivious strange action to this asked her question.

“What is love?”

“Oh dear, was Twilight unable to explain?”

Pinky nodded in frustrated affirmation.

“Well, When Two ponies fall in love, they complete each other.”

“Complete each other?”

“Yes, love, when you find just the right Stallion, you know because he will complete you! He will be able to fix all the problems you can’t fix yourself, and then you can live together in happiness!”

Rarity got a dreamy look in her eyes when she said that, as if she was imagining her gallant prince to come sweep her off her feet.

“But be warned!” She said, her face darkening. Pinkie scooted back a few steps, startled.

“While some stallions may seem like gentlecolts, they are really heartless brutes!”

Pinkie could see that Rarity had yet to get over the Blue Blood incident from the Gala a few months ago.
As she was leaving Carousel Boutique Pinkie went over what Rarity had said in her head.

She didn’t really feel like she was ‘incomplete’ as Rarity had put it. She just felt… how did she feel? Ever since the Baker’s convention, she hadn’t stopped thinking about the stallion she had met (although whether this was from ‘Love’ or from the fear of him being a monster she was unsure). She wanted to spend time with him, to play and sing and laugh together!

Maybe she was in love.

Author's Note:

This one is a little bit shorter then the last chapter.
I hope you all enjoy it, I'm certainly enjoying writing it!