• Published 9th Nov 2013
  • 1,913 Views, 14 Comments

The Dark Secrets of Sweetie Belle - Huskyfan



She may seem like a normal filly, but nobody can see the pain she has to endure every day.

  • ...
5
 14
 1,913

The worst day of my life...yet

It was a gloomy Monday morning in Ponyville. I didn't get much sleep the night before because I had to study for a important test in Biology next week. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom had picked me up at home so we could go to school together.

"Hurry up, Sweetie Belle! We're gonna be late for school again!" said Scootaloo.
"I'm walking as fast as I can, Scoots!"
"Well, walk faster! Today we're gonna get our Math test back! I've got a pretty good feeling about it!"
"Yeah, I'm sure it's gonna be...great."

I don't feel good about that test, but I can't get another bad grade again. The last time I got a bad grade, Rarity shouted and was angry at me for the whole day. She didn't even care that I studied so hard. But I guess I should have studied harder...

"We're here! Let's go and get our tests back!" shouted the obviously excited Scootaloo.
"Yeah...I can't wait to get it back..."
"What's wrong, Sweetie Belle?" asked my friend Apple Bloom. "You studied for the test, right?"
"Yes, but-"
"Then everything is gonna be okay!"
"If you say so..."



"Good morning, my little ponies! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!" said Cherilee, still looking a bit tired.
"I corrected your tests over the weekend. You did a great job, at least most of you."

Oh no. This can't be good.

"Diamond Tiara, you've got a B. Great work!"

Did she even study? She's not good with Math, and she's not much of a studying pony either. So that means, that this test really was easy, right?

"Apple Bloom, you've got a C. Not too bad, but you can do better."

Apple Bloom got a C? But she studied the whole week! This does not look good. What if-

"Sweetie Belle!"

Oh no!

Cherilee looked at me disappointed. I knew what was going to happen, it wasn't the first time she looked at me like that.

"I'm sorry, but this test was a total desaster. You really need to study more next time!"

I got 14 points from 60. I...failed...I can't believe it...

I felt tears coming up, but I held them in. No, I'm not going to cry. I'm a big pony...

"A-are you okay, Sweetie Belle?" asked my friend Apple Bloom. "It's just a test. You'll do better next time!"

"I'm alright. I'll just have to study harder next time, I guess..."

Rarity is going to be so angry at me. I can't believe that I failed this test. I studied so hard, but I still failed...I'm such a failure...




After the last lesson of school, I decided to go home without Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, because I needed some time alone before I had to tell Rarity the bad news.

Rarity can't be that mad at me, right? It's just a test, and I'll study harder next time. I'm sure she'll understand.

But what if she doesn't? What if she flips out again and shouts at me? What if she will be angry at me for the whole week?

I felt tears coming up again, but I held them in. No, I'm not going to cry. I need to be strong now!


I slowly opened the front door of my home, and I heard the calm voice of my sister Rarity.

"Hello Sweetie Belle, how was school today?"

"Well, it was mostly good...except one thing."

"And that is?"

My whole body was shaking, and my voice was trembling, but I had to tell her the bad news.

"I got a F on my Math test. But I-"

"You got what?!"

"Well...I-"

"I can't believe you failed another test! Why can't you get just one thing right? I'm ashamed of you, go to your room, now!"

"But-"

"NOW!"

I quickly turned around and ran into my room, and locked the door, before I burst out in tears.

I'm such a failure...I can't get nothing right...



Some minutes later, I heard a knock on my door.

"Sweetie Belle? Open the door, I need to talk to you."

Oh no, what does she want from me now?

I opened the door, to see my sister Rarity, with a look of disappointment on her face.

"The test was a disaster, but I know you can do better. I want you to study the whole day, okay? Do you have any other tests in the next few weeks?"

"Well, I have a test in Biology next week."

"You're going to study every day for this test! I don't want another bad grade again, do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Good. I'm going to leave you alone now, so you can study."

Rarity walked out of my room, and I locked the door again. I needed to be alone.

I'm such a failure...



Apple Bloom and Scootaloo wanted to visit me later that day, but Rarity just sent them away.

"I'm sorry, but Sweetie Belle needs to study now."

"Is she alright? She seemed pretty upset about the test," said Scootaloo.

"Yes, she is alright. She just needs some time to be alone and study. She might have some time for you tomorrow. Goodbye!" said Rarity, before shutting the door in front of the two fillies.




I didn't get much sleep that night, mostly because I was crying the whole time.

Rarity hates me. All I do is mess up...I'll never be good enough...this is the worst day of my life!